“Central and Delightful”

The Lewisburg Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
The Lewisburg Hotel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Central and Delightful”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On the main street of historic Lewisburg, this gem is very nice...economical rooms, very good restaurant, excellent bar, and an outside patio, all in a very classical building. Staff was very nice, service good, one thing to note, was it is a casual atmosphere, more akin to a large b&b, for instance, the bartender was also the check-in person when i arrived, you carry your food out to the outside patio, it is definitely a small town, albeit very nice and friendly, small town hotel. It is definitely located in the best place for history, if you are visiting Bucknell, its the place, I'd definitely og there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the motel area have good access to patio and street, did not see the older "hotel"...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I ate lunch here on 06/21/13. We had the Sunflower Dusted Chicken sandwich and the Reuben sandwich. They were both very good. I had their sweet potato fries and I think they were the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. They were slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They sprinkled a little sugar on them, too. I would suggest trying out this restaurant if you are in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a historic building with great features throughout. I am staying in the patio rooms, which are very clean and well kept. The Furniture and bedding are a bit dated, but comfortable. The staff is great, and try to accommodate my requests. I had the pleasure of a wonderful acoustic set last night on the patio that I truly enjoyed. The water pressure is great in the shower. I eat in the bar almost nightly and have yet to be disappointed, I will suggest the quesadilla.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'd be ok wtih this place...since the people are so nice ... if they didn't charge $215 for a horrible "suite." Oh, and we stayed in the nicer main building.

Never slept in a worse bed.
Never had thinner walls - could hear every word next door.
Never had a room to our door that actually didn't fully close

Time for whoever owns this piece of garbage to put some money into it. It looks so nice from the outside.

I bet there are alot of people who stay here exactly once. Ugh.

Under no circumstances should anyone ever stay here. Ever.

Room Tip: Go somehere else, do not stay here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank John C
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel's exterior, lobby and restaurant areas are charming and reflective the quaintness of this lovely downtown. Perfect location for visiting the Bucknell campus, local shops, and restaurants. However, the accommodations are not just dated, but uncomfortable. Thermostat did not work. I opened the window a crack in 28 degree weather to get comfortable. One of the two queen beds was so uncomfortable we had to double up on the other. Back and hip pain within an hour of lying down. Vintage TV, broken lampshades, torn sheets, and no ice machine. Longest, sleepless night I have ever spent in a hotel. But I loved the town of Lewisburg!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail G
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I couldn't agree more with the things other reviewers have said. The hotel looks great from the outside but the rooms in the annex are terrible - think cheap motel. We checked in and immediately demanded a refund so that we could go to the local Hampton Inn. The beds are awful, the bedding is worn, and there are no clocks or coffee pots in the room. There is no way to control the temperature in the room and the phone in my room was broken. They say that they have free wifi, but to connect we had to go out on the porch. It's too bad, because the hotel has great potential - it's a beautiful building in a great location near shops and restaurants. The rooms are in desperate need of a complete overhaul

Room Tip: Don't stay in the annex.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Adb123123
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've stayed here several times when I'm in town for work. I love the location--right downtown within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The hotel is old--and is very dated in it's furnishings. But, I think that's really the intent. The restaurant is good too. The location is what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Turk_H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to The Lewisburg Hotel? Share your experiences!