“No more Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Lewisburg

Days Inn Lewisburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having stayed recently in a Days Inn and finding it unacceptable, when we found ourselves needing a motel, my wife said "Why are we staying at another Days Inn after the last one? Sure enough, another disappointment. Toilet had not been flushed from the last guests!!!! Carpet had not been vacuumed for what looked like "weeks". Bed however was good. Orange juice was empty, no donuts or pastries, and the check in girl was as friendly as a rock, as was the girl at breakfast; no more Days Inn for us. Too bad they are a member of Wyndham family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Lewisburg

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I found the rooms to be at most average , although they were clean and no sign of bugs of any kind . The outside looked fine but the rooms were dated , We were told they are putting some thought into a remodel which will definetly not hurt . Updated pillow top beds would be a great start . Bathroom was clean and again dated , New sealant at base of wall and tub would also help. I think one of the biggest issues I see is the fact that they charge as much if not more than the nearby newer hotels but yet you receive a dated room .I think if you need a room fast for a night it would suit your needs but if you have time to plan a little bit I think I would choose a different location .I am not saying its bad , just that it wouldnt be my first choice . Its a shame it could be a very nice facility . And a indoor pool would also help . but this is just my opinion.

Room Tip: A room toward the back may help keep highway noice down ..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for one night arriving at about 9:00pm in mid August. The reception area smelt of cigarette smoke and the receptionist was slovenly and unhelpful. The room was stuffy and needed updating badly. To add insult to injury I paid $109. It wasn't worth half that amount. Find someplace else - this hotel is a dump

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent last night in a family suite which was sub par. Decor is very old and tired. Water in shower came out brown. Windows filthy as were the blinds. Owner needs to be forced to watch a season of the show Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. Even I know that wall paper borders and bedspreads should be banned. Not hard to paint a room and triple sheet a bed. Needed to bring my own pillow. Staff at front desk takes no pride in their appearance. Could not wait to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are looking for someplace to sleep that's clean, safe, and staffed by nice folks, this is the place for you. The decor is terrible, the furniture is tired and the rooms are small. But I just needed a place to stay for one night on our trip and we were pretty pleased with our room. The pool was clean. The buffet was gawd awful. So go next door to Perkins to eat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently stayed there in June of 2012 because I booked one of those "super secret deals" on hotwire where they don't reveal the hotel to you until you've already paid.
Anyway, I am an alum of Bucknell (class of 09) and I stayed there the night before I moved in during freshman year in 2005. The room smelled awful, the tables and nightstands were sticky, and there were questionable stains on the comforters.
I was disappointed at the fact that I had inadvertently made another reservation at this dirty hotel, but I thought since nearly 7 years had passed, maybe they had cleaned up their act. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The room smelled like cigarettes even though I was told it was not a smoking room. The linens were disgusting and it was just awful. It's not worth the cheaper price. I highly recommend either the Country Cupboard or Country Inn and Suites up the road on RT. 15. For what it's worth, Country Inn has an outstanding hot breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jwa012
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Booked for just one night because it was the cheapest place in the area but overazll not worth the price paid. The room was clean but dated. The room smelled wet upon entering but got better once the airconditioning was turned on. Checked for bugs but none to be seen. The bathroom was also clean but dated although the sealant on the bottom of the tub was peeling up. I was very disappointed by the free wi-fi. Yes it was free but the signal was so low that it might as well not been there at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Initially my room key didn't work and the maintenance person approached me to see if he could help. He figured out the problem and fixed the door lock right away. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Days Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!