“Not for 83 bucks, maybe 45”
Review of Days Inn Lewisburg

Days Inn Lewisburg
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stopped here after trying a couple other places one had no rooms she said tried to upsell us for 119 in Lewisburg, no thanks, the other was just gross, we were tired and needed to sleep so we paid the 91 including tax for a double, it was just well ok, the blanket and conforter and rug sort of creeped me out tho..keep looking if you have the time..ok in a pinch but not for $ 83 smackeroos !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mooswa61ny

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked the Days Inn based on the convenient location (a few blocks from our daughter at Bucknell University) and because we had our small dog with us. The hotel was very clean if dated. We requested a non-smoking room and it did smell rather smoky. The two double beds and the bed linens seemed old. Time for a spruce up. Otherwise we were content given the location, convenience and price. We would stay again if we were bringing our dog.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Why, oh why did I not read the reviews of those who went before me? Well, because I was sucked in by the free breakfast and the workout facilities. The room itself was dated, carpet was dirty. The brown-colored water that was supposed to be coffee was really sad... and there was only one serving of the regular coffee for two of us. The workout facilities were cheap, we decided to skip this attraction and the breakfast was the worst sort of pre-packaged pasteries. No fresh fruit. What really bums me out is that I chose to stay at this place instead of paying a bit more for one of the many inns and B&Bs that did not have a workout room. And, we'll be going out to breakfast. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2012

In short: Don't go unless you have absolutely no options.

Location is great, and from the outside looks like it's going to be okay. But the rooms, well, rather scary. We "upgraded" to a business king to stay on 1st floor (we had to bring in a lot of stuff from the truck). It was freezing cold - and the thermostat seemed like it was circa 1940.

As others have pointed out, lighting was awful. There was no counter/vanity space, or even space to place a suitcase off the carpet. Glad I didn't read these reviews before going - we didn't know where we would be stopping - but I did inspect for bed bugs just because the room seemed rather worn. Thankfully, there were none.

The pillows were the worst we've ever experienced. The room was so cold we were concerned about the thin bed coverings - but by the middle of the night the heat decided to come on full blast.

The bathtub/shower was okay, once I cleaned out the spider web and spider. No I'm not kidding.

The place was tired, worn, the sheets threadbare, the towels tiny. The breakfast was meager.

However - unlike others - we found the staff helpful and friendly. It was the only good thing about our brief stay.

It's a shame, because the location is good, and it's got a lot of potential with a little updating and tlc.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The beds need updating, as do the bathrooms.
Not much of a breakfast, but sufficient.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Once again, I marvel at the efforts of people like housekeeping staff who work very hard & do their best - but it is a bit like trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear!
The room we had at this hotel was very conveniently located on the ground floor & had not only a coffee maker but micro-wave & refrigerator, as well. It also included a continental breakfast, albeit a rather poor quality one - still, it wasn't too bad.
What dismayed us was the state of the room - it was clean & well-supplied but the problems it did have were things the housekeeping staff could not fix. The bathroom door would not close without a struggle &, if you got it shut, when you managed to get it open again, the suction created (yes, suction!) would make one of the ceiling tiles jump out of place then come crashing down again (so nice in the middle of the night - not!) And the walls were so thin that, even though we had people next to us on one side only(& they were very quiet) I could hear people urinating in their toilets from apparently all over the place - not nice.
But the worst was the carpet - you could see how old & filthy it was (with ground-in dirt) because the untrodden parts in the corners were still bright & colourful. But most of the carpet was so badly worn that in one place you could see a wide chunk of the floor below & the rest was a filthy-looking grey colour (again, I do not blame housekeeping as they obviously made the rest of the room look good - but that carpet needs replacing!) Furthermore, every part of it was incredibly lumpy (I've never seen anything like it!) which baffled us - all we could think of was that this carpet had been put down over something else that had since wrinkled up completely - you could see & feel lumps everywhere - & two of them were so big & solid that we kept actually stubbing our toes on them!!
The staff had been very pleasant & helpful on the phone but I didn't see any of the ones I talked to prior to getting there - the ones I did see there were not rude or anything but just seemed a tad indifferent. Again, I really wonder about the owners!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crazyoldbat
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The staff was rude and the room was in poor condition. I will stay somewhere else on my way through next time!!

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to Days Inn Lewisburg? Share your experiences!