“Fun zip line & rope course adventure that's worth the money!”

Roundtop Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Year Round Unique Outdoor Fun - Just minutes from Hershey! OGO Balls, Zip Lines, Climbing Structures, Maze, Bumper Boats, Chairlift Rides and more. Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow Tubing in winter.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first time doing an adventure like this, including zip lining. We did the Vertical Trek on a Saturday afternoon. The young men that were our group leaders were a lot of fun! They helped us get suited up with the equipment and explained all of the safety equipment, procedures and ways to do everything safely. They took the time to learn everyone's name in our group, and were genuinely interested in learning about everyone and making the experience fun and memorable throughout the entire 2.5+ hour long adventure. You definitely should NOT do this course if you are scared of heights, are not able to climb down rope nets, have balance issues, or are scared to have fun. You should DEFINITELY DO this course if you want to have a really fun adventure, feel like your flying through the air, test your balance and climbing skills, have a blast of adrenaline every five-ten minutes, take a little hike through the mountains, experience a beautiful ski-lift to the top of a mountain, enjoy 2-4 hours in nature and among trees, and forget about everything else while you just let your hair down and have a GREAT TIME!!!

2  Thank Jenn R
Ski_Lutricia, Director of Sales at Roundtop Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

I apologize for the delay in responding to you, but it sure sounds like you had fun! You described the trek perfectly! It's super fun, but not for the faint of heart! Thanks for spending time with us!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great way to spend the day with the family. Spend the day on the ropes riding the OGO balls and just relax. Be sure to take a swim suit. Kids can bounce from activity to activity. It is nice to sit and have a drink on the deck and unwind.
Safety is also a priority here which is refreshing.

Ski_Lutricia, Director of Sales at Roundtop Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for the review and thank you for spending time with us!

I appreciate you noticing that safety is a big priority here...so true! It really is!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Found this online and was intrigued by the Ogo balls....had to go here. Anyway, arrived to find a friendly staff. Had I read thoroughly on the website that reservations were needed for the Vertical Trek, I would have, but thats my fault, not the operations.

For me, the Ogo balls were fun. I will admit, as an adrenaline junkie, I had visions of coming down the ski slopes in the balls, but in reality it is on the tubing area, and while fun, wasnt as exciting for me as I thought it would be...but still had fun. Dont let my high tolerance for danger throw you off. Do this! Word of advice, bring a swim suit or something you dont care about...and lock your wallet or anything else you dont want wet either in the bathroom provided lockers, or your car.

Once again, the zip line for me was weak...but if you have children, or is your first experience zip lining, a great first time experience.

The rest of the attractions are also geared more toward children, including the bumper boats. I had fun squirting the kids, and enjoyed it regardless. The chair lift was a nice ride to the top of the mountain and view of the surrounding area, I got to see where the Vertical Trek starts, and again kicked myself in the rear for not making the reservations needed.

I am rating excellent despite my experience because of the friendly staff, and the potential I see in this attraction for young children or people who arent as experienced as myself. In the end, I am glad I drove there and visited.

1  Thank SFC_Swede
Ski_Lutricia, Director of Sales at Roundtop Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

So glad you discovered us! Thanks for coming out!

Indeed it does sound like the trek would have been a good fit for you - I can assure you the zip lines there are much longer!

Also, you might consider our Ropes Course open climb, the last Sunday of each month from May until September. It includes a rock climbing wall, giant tower, the longest zip lines on property, and other features all 35' off the ground!

Thanks again for spending time with us - glad your employees treated you well - we definitely hope you return!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am not a good skier by any means. I stay on the green trails. This resort from my perspective is quite small. There were only 2 green trails, so we are glad we did not purchase the all day pass. The 4 hour pass was more than enough. Facilities are nice. There were plenty of lockers available when we got there at 8:30a.m. Rentals went quick, but I'm sure that was because we were early. By lunch it was a mad house. a nice lunch area with sandwiches, soup, etc. Upstairs is a more formal like eating area complete with a bar. Nice place to go for a few hours as a beginner. My cousin is an expert skiier from the west, who said 'this is nice for the day', but his daughter was really disappointed. I guess it is all what you are used to.

Ski_Lutricia, Director of Sales at Roundtop Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thanks for visiting and thanks for taking the time to write a review! You're right - compared to resorts out west, our vertical is definately less! What I appreciate about Roundtop is that it's close to my house. I typically take one trip a year out west, but it's nice to have something close to home so I can get on snow frequently!

We do actually have 4 beginner slopes and 3 lifts that service them! When you're here again, if you're not certain which slopes are green, please stop any of us employees, and ask!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just got back from Roundtop, we went on Saturday February 16, 2013. We live in the DC area and it only took us about 2 hours to get there. On a Saturday there was no traffic and it was a easy drive.

Price: A group of 4 of us went TUBING and it was only $28.00 for a all day pass just for Tubing. I thought this was a great price. All you have to do is fill out a quick waiver sheet, pay and the line was minimal.

TUBING: There always was a line but in roughly took 10 minutes to get a tube and weave your way to the escalator to the top of the hill. The escalator is covered and moves pretty quick. Once at the top there are 8 Tubing lanes which move good.

I wouldn't say that the runs are long, but it is good enough. Not to fast but the more people you get in your group the faster it goes. This is a good half day fun trip!!

We also went to the bar/restaurant which was very good!!

FUN TIME!

1  Thank riva9129
Ski_Lutricia, Director of Sales at Roundtop Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your response! Tubing is simply a blast!! :)

The drive up from DC is quick and painless...and I'm glad you took time to enjoy the Fireside Pub and Grill. The drinks are plentiful, and I've heard good things about the salmon this year!