See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Location for this hotel is good, very close to the airport. Beyond that, do not stay here. There are plenty of other hotels within a few miles of the airport that would be better choices. Quality Inn is old, dirty, and in need of plenty of renovations.

Date of stay: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 30, 2007

Terrible place to stay. It had a shuttle to the airport, but that was about the only good part about staying here. We requested a wakeup call at 6:00am and receved it past 6:30am, and unfortunately the clock in the room could not keep time correctly. The room was mildly dirty and smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The worst part was waking up in the mornig and discovering insect bites on your arms and legs.

Date of stay: July 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Booked 2 rooms at this property. One room was okay, the other one was okay until I discovered bed bugs! I was covered from head to toe with bites and had to be seen at the local hospital emergency room.

Staff was passive about the discovery of the problem and still have not contacted me with resolution regarding medical bills.

I have stayed at numerous Comfort Inn properities and have never had a problem before.

I would definately avoid this particular property at all cost.

Date of stay: June 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TheSkis
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I had read the bad reviews but had stayed at the sister hotel Quality Inn a year or two ago and I just needed a cheap place to stay near the airport. I had all kinds of trouble from the moment I tried to check in until weeks after the stay was over. First, this property is "managed" by the same people that manage the Quality Inn next door, and I believe they are basically identical except for the paint. The checkin was painfully slow and they lied about which rooms were currently available. As soon as I got into the messy dirty room the internet went down. Non-smoking room reaked of smoke but didn't have time to argue again about which rooms are not available. Bathroom was disgusting and looked either unfinished or torn apart (see pics). Carpet had never been cleaned for years and like others said it was challenging to walk on it without wearing my shoes. Air conditioner stopped working late afternoon and they said it was my fault for running it on high cold (it was a very hot day). Never fixed it. Tried several times to see a manager during my stay and when checking out, they always said she's in the other building but she never came around. I tried calling for days after the stay and they'd either not answer (even when choice hotels tried to reach them at their main number) or transfer me to voice mail.

Worst hotel stay of the past 2 years for sure. Not the all time worst but one of my top 5. I travel almost all the time, weekly and weekends and try all kinds of hotels. I'm not that picky in a pinch for a short stay near an airport I prefer to not pay a ton but will pay more for peace and quiet and no hassle, in this case this place was far worse than I had expected even after poor reviews. Finally got a note saying "we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay" and that was it, no adjustment, no refund, no offer for discount on another stay (although another stay will never ever happen as I will never ever stay at either property they manage, i'll sleep in my car before I do that again).

Stay far far away from this place. If they take your money you'll never be able to reach them to discuss a refund or adjustment. Obviously they know most people will NOT enjoy a stay here and are hardened against even contact from their choice corporation since I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of stays there end up in confrontation.

Date of stay: May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank alwayztravelin
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We ended up in the Philadelphia airport and needed a place to stay for the night. The only good thing I can say is that the van picked up every 30 minutes and we were lucky enough to walk out and get it. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and is very run down. It needs, paint, new beds and towels that you can't see through. Since we arrived around 11 pm, we couldn't go into the lobby and could only pay through a window (no doubt a safety measure, not very reassuring). Breakfast was included but I can't recommend it, watered down juice, coffee was really bad and when my husband found a tick on his arm, we were out of there. It's scary that we paid over $100 for this room!

Date of stay: May 2007