See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We ended up in the Philadelphia airport and needed a place to stay for the night. The only good thing I can say is that the van picked up every 30 minutes and we were lucky enough to walk out and get it. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and is very run down. It needs, paint, new beds and towels that you can't see through. Since we arrived around 11 pm, we couldn't go into the lobby and could only pay through a window (no doubt a safety measure, not very reassuring). Breakfast was included but I can't recommend it, watered down juice, coffee was really bad and when my husband found a tick on his arm, we were out of there. It's scary that we paid over $100 for this room!

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed May 12, 2007

If you're passing through Philly and need a cheap place to stay, the Econo Lodge by the airport isn't too bad. It's a little run down, and not the cleanest hotel I've stayed in, but it was OK for the night.

My kids and I drove to Philly to go to a ball game and just needed a place to crash afterwards. The beds were clean and firm, the bathroom was clean enough (but not spotless) and the continental breakfast was pedestrian but there. There was a good variety of cable channels on the TV. It was pretty close to the sports arenas and access in and out was pretty good.

Not much in the way of restaurants in the area, but it looks like a bunch of pizza places will deliver if you want to eat in the room.

I wouldn't stay there for a multi-night vacation, but for one night it was decent.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2006

I needed to stay near Philadelphia Airport and needed to stay at a hotel with a shuttle bus service. I was also on a budget. The shuttle van runs every 30 minutes and the drivers were very courteous. The check-in staff also very courteous.

The hotel itself is a bit old and ammenities very basic, but was clean and comfortable. The Econo Lodge shares the same property as the Quality Inn...thus shares same shuttle van. Each has its seperate check-in desk, however the complimentary continental breakfast is served in the Quality Inn lobby. Next to the Quality Inn Lobby is a small Chinese restaurant run by a very friendly elderly Chinese Lady who will serve you up huge portions of food at very reasonable prices. She also has a small bar and the drinks are also very reasonably priced. I felt reasonably safe, however I might not recommend a "Lady" traveling alone to stay here as the doors to your room are of the old style that lead directly outside. However if you wish direct access to your car, this might be just the ticket. They also have airport parking there too, and the shuttle bus will take you to the airport. Although a popular travel booking site advertized rates at 49.00 for Airport Hotels, I paid 80.00 booking direct with the hotels website as I wanted to be assured of shuttle van service. I think I did OK. Would I stay there again...Yes.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 10, 2006

I had my doubts about an economy airport hotel and this one was worse than I could imagine. The first room we were given had never been made up from the last guests. The room we settled on had DIRTY carpet and bedding, and the "nonsmoking" room had the smell of cigaretts and an ashtray. We only stayed because it was almost midnight and we were travelng with 2 small, grumpy kids. Stay anywhere but here!!!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2006

This is a perfect example of Econo Lodge. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good rates. Exactly what one might expect from this chain. Easy freeway access and convenient location for the airport or the ballpark.

Special mention to the front desk staff for directing us to all the necessary places we required in the area and lightning fast check-in.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends