See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 5, 2006

I needed to stay near Philadelphia Airport and needed to stay at a hotel with a shuttle bus service. I was also on a budget. The shuttle van runs every 30 minutes and the drivers were very courteous. The check-in staff also very courteous.

The hotel itself is a bit old and ammenities very basic, but was clean and comfortable. The Econo Lodge shares the same property as the Quality Inn...thus shares same shuttle van. Each has its seperate check-in desk, however the complimentary continental breakfast is served in the Quality Inn lobby. Next to the Quality Inn Lobby is a small Chinese restaurant run by a very friendly elderly Chinese Lady who will serve you up huge portions of food at very reasonable prices. She also has a small bar and the drinks are also very reasonably priced. I felt reasonably safe, however I might not recommend a "Lady" traveling alone to stay here as the doors to your room are of the old style that lead directly outside. However if you wish direct access to your car, this might be just the ticket. They also have airport parking there too, and the shuttle bus will take you to the airport. Although a popular travel booking site advertized rates at 49.00 for Airport Hotels, I paid 80.00 booking direct with the hotels website as I wanted to be assured of shuttle van service. I think I did OK. Would I stay there again...Yes.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 10, 2006

I had my doubts about an economy airport hotel and this one was worse than I could imagine. The first room we were given had never been made up from the last guests. The room we settled on had DIRTY carpet and bedding, and the "nonsmoking" room had the smell of cigaretts and an ashtray. We only stayed because it was almost midnight and we were travelng with 2 small, grumpy kids. Stay anywhere but here!!!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2006

This is a perfect example of Econo Lodge. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good rates. Exactly what one might expect from this chain. Easy freeway access and convenient location for the airport or the ballpark.

Special mention to the front desk staff for directing us to all the necessary places we required in the area and lightning fast check-in.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 5, 2006

Stayed here for one night. I arrived very late and used one of the coupons you find at the service areas. The room was OK, fairly clean, the tub could have used a good scrubbing and there was some toothpaste or shaving cream residue on the floor. A plus is free long distance calls, but they will charge $1.00 for everyone for "phone access", so take advantage of that. They also have a free continental breakfast which I did not use and a computer to check your e-mail or search the web. I wouldn't call this a bad hotel like the other reviews stated unless they got there act together recently.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank NY11373
Reviewed December 4, 2005

I have to agree with the previous reviewers.

Due to the Army-Navy football game in Philadelphia on December 3, this was one of the few places with a vacancy for that night. We were in town to attend a concert at the Wachovia Center the same night. In retrospect, it would have been worth it to pay double at one of the other few hotels that had a vacancy for the night.

The price was decent, but once again, it shows "You get what you pay for". The bathroom floor seemed dirty. When taking a shower, I stood on a towel, so I would not have to stand in the shower. My wife and slept in our socks because we did not want to walk across the floor or carpet in our bare feet. We did not try the complementary breakfast in the morning, but it consisted only of cereal, toast, or a bagel.

The bed was comfortable. The motel is located right along Route 291, which runs to the airport. It was very difficult to sleep, as our room directly faced the highway, and the highway noise was constant all night long. We had to turn the heat up to its highest level so the fan would drown out the outside noise.

There are much better places to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2005