See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2005

The hotel is close to the airport, this ends any merit. Unhelpful staff, grotty rooms, holes in doors and a self-service breakfast area that gets a tidy up once a month whether it needs it or not.

We arrived late at night, and, when eventually dealt with, were given a room and after attempting to get in several times were scared away by its existing occupants. After again bothering reception we were given an unoccupied room.

The staff in the adjoining resturant could have been more helpful, they just didn't care to be.

The breakfast area, which doubles as reception, had obviously been visited by a large group from St. Trinians sometime in the previous month.

Avoid the Quality of this hotel if at all possible.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank k4jcs
Reviewed December 19, 2004

I flew into Philadelphia late at night and wanted lodging convenient to the airport. Upon my arrival at the Econo Lodge, it looked like a downtrodden property that had seen better days. Hotel clerk was unfriendly. When I got to the room after stumbling over construction trash, I was flabbergasted! The room had filthy carpet and bedspread with nasty stains everwhere. Dresser was full of dust and apparently had not been cleaned in months. Noisy construction workers started working early in the morning and left their supplies in my doorway. Restaurant was mediocre, but no other place to eat in walking distance. When I returned home, I wrote a complaint letter to Customer Service who were very apologetic to my plight. Also, Customer Service will file a complaint directly with this property, because they never responded to my complaints, as they were directed to. My advice to anyone to quickly run in the opposite direction of this shabby property.

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank FrequentFlier12431
Reviewed October 10, 2004

To say that this hotel is disgusting is an understatement. The hotel is under major construction and they put us in a room that is under refurbishment--I mean, in the middle of construction. Plaster on the floor, stairwell is inaccessible since there was drywall on it. I'm sure this place is in violation of some major fire codes. The TV didn't work. The air conditioning unit was dismanteled from the wall--we could see the sidewalk outside from the opening between the dismanteled unit and the wall. I disagree with the above posted message--the front desk staff was the worst I've ever encountered. This place is the trashiest dive I've ever seen. We walked into the room, checked out immediately, and then went to another hotel. Do yourself a favor--don't stay here at any price. I heard from a local that they are in the process of changing it from an Econolodge to a Quality Inn. Beware!

1  Thank InternationalTrvl
Reviewed July 9, 2004

Fortunately, only spent one night at this dump. It was disgusting and depressing! Felt like I was at a seedy hooker hotel. Lots of construction at the motel. Would never stay there again! There are many other hotel/motel choices close by that are similar in price range that would have been a much better choice. Only one pro - the bed was fairly comfortable.

Reviewed June 27, 2004

All we wanted was a night's kip after our transatlantic flight and before tackling driving on the other side of the road. For this, it was fine.

Pros: friendly, helpful staff; handy for airport; air conditioning worked till we switched it off; tv didn't work.

Cons: grubby during refurbishment; associated restaurant still closed during advertised morning opening hours; air conditioning wouldn't switch back on.