“Like a camp”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
Austin, TX
“Like a camp”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was clean and in good repair. The staff was nice and family run. They even had van service to local bars, however, there was an 11 pm curfew. No, the van didn't stop running at 11, they just wanted us back by then. Insane!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

For the money, the experience I got at this hotel was more or less what I expected.

The room was nicer than the room I stayed at a few weeks earlier next door at the Quality Inn (which seems to be run by the same company as this Econo Lodge). The bed was surprisingly comfortable. Unfortunately, there were several long, black hairs in the sheets (couldn't have been from me or my travel partner!). The shower was good.

The free shuttle was helpful, though left later than scheduled going to the airport the next morning. The shuttle itself also had "check tire pressure" and "change oil" indicator lights on...

The person at the front desk didn't seem to know about daylight savings time when I called to request a wake-up call; no problems stemmed from this, however.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had to spent one night between my flights, so I got EconoLodge for modest $ USD 77. It took more than hour to get Shuttle Bus, after my call finally Bus came to pick me up.

Cold and sketchy, waiting whole night for the bed bugs bites, but suprisingly they didn't show up.

Internet is very slow and one yellow bar.

Local Chinese restaurant in walking distance offers chinese food, OK, at least I wasn't poisoned.

So, in averall better than nothing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel, to be close to the airport and have a safe place to leave our car while out of town for a 3 days. Website says free parking and has airport shuttle. I called the day prior to check in to ensure reservations were set in stone and the girl who answered the phone acted as I was a burden to her, rushing me off the phone. I thought it was incredibly rude and unprofessional. When my husband and I get there to check in a younger male working at the counter asked if we would need airport shuttle. I told him "yes" and asked him if he had a ticket to put in the car window, since we would be gone for 3 days, he informed me that we would have to pay an additional charge per day (when the website says free parking.)! Rooms older and could use some updating. Dust around the base boards and the water wouldn't get hot, just luke warm. Continental breakfast was less than appetizing, and looked as if it has been put out for a few days. When our flight arrived back in Philadelphia I tried calling the hotel for 15-20 minutes (they only have 1 phone number) and received a busy signal. Finally when I got a hold of them they sent out the shuttle. I would not recommend this place or stay there again. For the price we ended up paying for the room and parking we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AngieRiley
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've been in a lot of motels and cheap places to stay but this place took the cake! It was noisy, dirty, smelly! Just junk! The heater didn't work, the carpets and walls were dirty, the beds were small and lumpy. We changed rooms 3 times and every room was worse than the other. One room smelled like smoke ( though non smoking), another room's heater didn't work ( and smelled like smoke), another place, the door wouldn't even close right and would jam and the other's bathroom looked like someone hit shot and they tried to clean the blood stain but left spots behind! This is a typical room you would imagine for pimps and prostetites and crack Heads and the front staff treats you as a pimp or a crack head with their rude manner. Disgusting! I checked out as quickly as I checked in and didn't stay!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Fazezo
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'll be honest. I'm not the kind of person who usually stays at an econo lodge. But my husband and I needed a place to crash for the night near the Philly airport.
I was very nervous about how clean and quiet it would be. Check in was quick and professional. We asked for a quieter room. The room was large, with 2 double beds. The floor was uneven. So was the mattress. There was a rickety chair. But the bathroom looked clean. There was a large fridge with a good size freezer and a microwave. The fridge was noisy so we unplugged it for the night. The temperature in the room was cold but the heater worked fast. The shower was small but the water was hot. There were bottles of shampoo, soap, and lotion. Towels were thin. So ok, it's not a luxury hotel. But the best thing - we got a really good night's sleep! And the continental breakfast was included. For a really low price. Other hotels in the area were 3 times the price. So I learned that staying at an econo lodge is not the end of the world!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Point NY
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pros:

Compared to all the other hotels in the area this one was definitely the cheapest. The room was old but clean, and the bed and pillows were surprisingly comfortable. The staff was also very polite and helpful. There is even a little Chinese restaurant in the hotel next door with impressively good food.

Cons:

Unless you're headed to the airport you're about 15-20 minutes (depending on traffic) away from downtown philly and taxis in the area are expensive. They do have continental breakfast, but it's not the greatest in the world. Also, the hotel advertises free wi-fi but depending on where your room is you may not get any signal.

Overall: I would definitely stay there again if I just needed a cheap place to sleep, but the lack of wi-fi and the distance from the downtown would keep me from making this my first pick for a hotel near Philly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!