“Will Stay Again”

Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed overnight here before our flight the next a.m. The room was clean and the young man at the desk was polite and informative. He told us all about the continental breakfast, the next morning, without us having to ask. Unfortunately, our flight was earlier than the breakfast so I cannot rate that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport

Reviewed September 7, 2012

For $60 a night, I would at least expect a clean room. The room smelled terrible from smoke. The bathroom had men's hair all over it, the towels left lint balls all over your body after using them, and there were cigarette burn marks on the tub basin. Will definitely not be back here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed one night and had an avarage experience. We did not have advance reservations but walked up. Reception was allright and the price was ok.
We had a room on the first floor, which was clean and allright.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I booked a night at this hotel through the hotel's website. I never received any confirmation or emails to let me know that it went through. I called the hotel the evening before I would be staying to make sure everything was set. When I asked the man who answered the phone if he could look up my name and confirm it he told me he couldn't do that. He had a very thick accent and it was hard to tell whether he was saying "I can do that" or "I can't do that." I asked him to repeat what he said once or twice and then I repeated what I thought he was telling me ("So you're telling me that you cannot tell me if I have a reservation?"). At this point he literally started yelling at me telling me that "I need to listen." He yelled some rude things and I asked him to calm down and explain why he couldn't tell me if I have a reservation or not. He yelled some more telling me that I wasn't listening. I asked to speak to the manager and he said that he was the manager (which I doubt because what manager acts like that). I told him I was canceling my reservation and I was hanging up he continued to yell into the phone.

I know this is a cheap airport hotel, but you don't treat people like that. I cancelled my reservation online and went someplace else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here this week during an overnight trip we had planned to Philadelphia. We wanted to be close to the city but not deal with the expense of rooms and parking in the city. It was a breeze to get to but we are familiar with the area. We checked in kind of late...around 7 pm and it was a cinch. The girl at the front desk was polite. Our room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. There were a few cosmetic flaws in the room (permanent stain on bathroom floor and the wall outlet plate was falling out) but none of them bothered us because it was clean and the room was very inexpensive...you can't expect perfection at that. I requested an extra blanket and one of the staff members brought it to me within a few minutes. If you are a light sleeper this hotel may not be for you because you can hear the airplanes taking off but I found that to be kind of relaxing. I would definitely stay here again. I've stayed at way worse hotels and paid way more money. This place was pretty great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm a stickler for cleanliness so I was very concerned about about booking this hotel, after reading some of the reviews. But I was on a tight budget & went with it. Upon check-in, the young lady @ the front desk was very cordial & informative. Went to the room& it was very clean; no stains on sheets or rug. However, the bathroom have a slight smell that I couldn't get with. Went back to the office & reported the complaints & the young later recorded them and changed my room immediately. (I don't remember her name but I stayed 7/23/12). The next room was great. King bed, fridge & microwave. The bed was very comfortable w/6 great pillows. Great sleeping! The bathroom was very clean w/ plenty of towels! Think they're in the process of renovating. Bathroom had marble-like vanity /sink area. I didn't do the breakfast; went down the street to Wawa; they have great breakfast selection.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped here while travelling. Was not impressed with the location or grounds of this hotel, plus the area is not that nice. The hotel was ok though, our room was basic but clean. They take pets but there is almost NOWHERE to walk them. We found on tiny patch of grass and one area of mulch that is in the parking lot. Staff was so-so. I wouldn't stay here unless I was driving through and had no other options but it was not a bad experience. We did try the continental breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#35 of 87 in Philadelphia
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!