“Almost stabbed to death.”

Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Wow. I was in Philly to interview for optometry school, and needed a hotel near the airport. Booked online for a cheap price. They have an airport shuttle, it is just too bad that is has the Quality Inn logo on it, and the driver never said anything, nor did the guy at the desk any of the 5 times I called. After waiting for 2 hours for a shuttle which didn't have the hotel's name on it I flagged a cab at 1:00am.

Got to the hotel, the guy behind the desk was a jerk. Not friendly, not helpful, just gave me a key. I unlocked "my" room, and began pushing the door open when the occupant of my room came at me with a knife, screaming profanities. After a minute of talking to the guy we both realized that I had awakened him because the creep at the front desk had given me an occupied room's key.

After trudging back down the stairs and around the building (doesn't feel safe at night) I went back into the office and heard, "What do you want now?" from the clerk. I told him what had happened, and he said, "Oh," gave me a different key and said "try this one."

Got to sleep at 4:30am after the adrenaline rush went down, up at 5:30 to get to the interview. Room was dirty, TV didn't work right, heater smelled like it was on fire. Room smelled of smoke, bed uncomfortable.

Other than that, it was great, as I got accepted into school.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport

Reviewed January 15, 2008

My friend and I visited Philadelphia for New Years and we were looking for a cheap hotel to stay a few nights.

Before booking this hotel we read all of the reviews and we were very suspicious, but we decided to go ahead and book it anyway because of the price being extremely good.

After staying there for 4 nights (December 29th, 2007 - January 2nd, 2008) we both agree, there is NOTHING wrong with this hotel. The room was clean and in a good shape. The bathroom was very clean and had no problems at all (hair-dryer works excellent). The A/C was working great, so did the TV and the mini-refrigerator.

Sleeping was no problem at all, the beds were fine and the sheets nice and clean. We had room service daily. The radio-alarm clock was working properly and we used it every day.

There's HIGH speed Internet connection in the room but NOT wireless. So, make sure to have an ethernet (internet) cable with you to use with your laptop. It works great and it is super fast.

Sure, the staff at the front desk is not the best but, hey, you are not staying at the Desert Riviera! Although they were very helpful and we had no problems with them. Also, the location was very good, just 10 miles away from downtown.

The fact that you are able to park your car just outside the room it's, for us, a plus. The whole facility is fenced so it's safe. You can have a nice continental breakfast at the restaurant next to the hotel, although we never ate there as we had time and preferred to drive in the city and have breakfast in a better location with better view.

Overall, we recommend this hotel if you are looking for a CHEAP staying close to the airport and the city. It's not special but it's clean and has everything you will need for a night or two and you can't loose with that price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2008

My friends and I were driving through on a tour of NE baseball stadiums, and we basically chose this place at random. I was worried about the $109 rate for what appeared to be a sub-Motel 6 property, but we were too tired to argue with common sense. This turned out to be a major mistake. The room was dirty, and I mean grimy dirty. The room door would not close properly, the bathroom door was broken, and the shower was dirtier than we were. I've been trying to think of good things to say about this place, but there aren't any. I would have been angry about paying $29 a night for this place, but considering I spent the same amount on this place as my room at the Chicago Hilton near the Magnificent Mile, I can't imagine a larger disparity between cost and quality. Numerous items in the room were either dirty or broken, and I slept with one eye open all night in case a serial murderer decided to walk into the place. I imagine that you could do worse than this place, but I can't imagine how. We initially tried to get our money back on the room, but there was no chance that was going to happen. The worse part is that the baseball game was rained out, so we stopped in Philly for nothing.

One positive: There was a bar across the street that made stiff drinks for cheap, and they were very appreciative of my jukebox selections. If you play the song 'Echoes' by Pink Floyd, they'll buy you a drink!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank tmox
Reviewed September 25, 2007

The hotel wasn't in very good shape. It was a very overpriced Motel 6. At $100.00 a night I felt the rooms could have been better appointed with something other than Walmart furniture. The first night the AC didn't work and the TV cable was messed up and coffee maker was broken and about half the lamps were burnt out. The next day they put us in another room and the equipment worked OK. All the stuff in both rooms was beatup, cigarette burned, and just kind of grimey. The only improvement I could see in the rooms that was at a level of a $100.00 a night hotel was the bathroom, which did look to be fairly new. This hotel is located a couple miles from the airport and there is nothing around it, you'll have to take a cab anywhere. It is several miles from Philly. I can't see any justification for the price. The breakfast was OK cereal,toast,danish, instant oatmeal, coffee, and juices. We stayed here because it was close to the cruise line we were going on and airport and they had a shuttle. The shuttle wasn't very available. This motel would have been fine at $50-$55 per night. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2007

We got directions from their site to the hotel--Got lost following them!! Several of the directions were "backwards" or missing part of information. Also, the rooms were Dirty!!! And The windows were filthy--smeared with fingerprints & handprints from prior guests. Outdated curtains and bed spreads.Wires hanging everywhere--lamps, T.V., etc...Very Sloppy looking!!! LOUD upstairs guests, lucky if i got even an hour of sleep. Hotel was not even busy!!! Would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This property is located between very busy one-way highways
somewhat noisy at night. Coutesy shuttle service was great and
on time between airport and motel. Front desk employees were
relatively friendly, not a lot of smiling faces....Compliementary breakfast is decent. Rooms are clean, but if adjacent rooms are occupied they are noisy. Not a place for family type stay, only an ice machine available and PC w/internet, no other ammenities.
Really only intended for easy access to airport, maybe nite before departure type of stay. Recommend other motel properties only 1-2 miles away offer shuttle,with pool, and newer accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank johnsdi
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Location for this hotel is good, very close to the airport. Beyond that, do not stay here. There are plenty of other hotels within a few miles of the airport that would be better choices. Quality Inn is old, dirty, and in need of plenty of renovations.

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#35 of 87 in Philadelphia
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!