“Non-smoking... Not really.”

Quality Inn Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Lester B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let me begin by saying the gentleman at the front desk was professional and very helpful, so this review doesn't reflect on him at all. That being said, i am six months pregnant so of course I reserved a non-smoking room. When I get to the hotel at midnight, the gentleman checked me in and I walked to my room, eager to finally get some rest. As soon as I open the door, the hotel room absolutely reeks of smoke. At first I think it's only my sensitive sense of smell and it will get better, but as I wash my face, I realize even the towels smell like smoke. I sit at the desk, calling the front desk determined to switch rooms. I can smell the cigarette smoke oozing from the desk... It seems that every surface in the room is just permeated with the smell of smoke. They don't have any more rooms for me, and as I hang up the phone, I break down. I finally call back and ask if I can switch hotels, as I know the Choice hotel brand has a few others relatively close. To finish the story, I end up spending an extra $100 to sleep for four hours at the Comfort inn down the road... A $100 that we don't really have to spend with a new baby on the way. This marks the end of my reservations with the Choice hotels brand. For what I spent last night to switch hotels, next time I could stay at a Marriott or Hampton inn. Every experience with this brand seems to be mediocre, at best, and at this point I wouldn't recommend any of their hotels to anyone. This is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the smell of smoke, non-smoking or otherwise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank KimiBee

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Booked for one night last minute with a Park and Fly Package, hotel is out dated, and does not seem the most secure. I would not recommend this hotel, room had a terrible smell, you could here the tv's from the rooms on both sides, and the doors did not seem to seal at all. Called front desk, and left to go to a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The pictures of the hotel must have been taken when it was new. I knew as soon as I walked into the lobby that it didn't look as nice as the pictures. I knew that I was only going to be there for one night and I was tired so I decided to deal with it. When I got to my room I noticed some spots on the bathroom sink counter. I wiped them to see if they came off and they did. I proceeded to wipe everything down with Clorox wipes as I always do in any hotel. Later I was sitting near the top of the bed eating cookies and spilled a few crumbs. When I started wiping them out I could feel grit further down in the sheets than where I had been sitting. I pulled the sheets back and continued wiping and could still feel grit all the way down towards the foot of the bed which tells me the sheets had not been changed. I called the front desk and ask for clean sheets. Housekeeping was gone and they didn't have any so they moved me to another room. I wiped everything down again and decided to get some sleep. The next morning I decided to try their breakfast. There wasn't much to it. Only a few muffins and some cereal and a waffle maker. I saw some boiled eggs and a few pieces of sausage soaking in some grease. I decided to find a restraurant for breakfast. I have to say that the staff was friendly. I would not stay there again and I would not reccommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want quality.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here one night for the Philadelphia Marathon 2012 ( November 17-18). I only payed $30 per night and wouldn't pay anymore than this. The hotel was pretty dirty. Its also been a while since they updated anything. The only reason why I stayed here was becuase I was able to have my dog stay with me and everything else was booked. In the future I will stay somewhere better and closer to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ok its not exactly up there with 5 stars but it was clean comfortable and the staff were amazing from the driver who picked us up at the airport to the bar staff who kept us entertained all night, this was a truly enjoyable evening and all because of the people we met whilst staying there, the bar has a friendly relaxed atmosphere and the staff took time to engage all the guests in conversation giving it a real homely feel, Very handy for the airport and the shuttle bus runs very regularly to be sure you make your flights. Would definitely stay again. Hubby proposed to me the night we stayed there it remains very special to us.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Do not stay here. Even though the rates are low people deserve a clean place to lay their heads. They changed our room 3 times before we found one better. The comforters and sheets had stains on them fridge was full of water, room stinks look like they have'nt shampoo the carpet in years.Desk clerks had attitudes.Doors do not lock securely my husband had to put chair up to it when we slept.It is run by Indians and they are cheap and dirty,The only good thing was we did get hot water to shower. The breakfast was no good , internet barely worked .We checked out early I rather stay with relatives with a house full of kids then this dirty run down hotel.One more thing watch out for the bed bugs which they do have we seen couple in our rm so we left.What a hell of a xmas.

Room Tip: The rooms are dirty watch out fo bed bugs
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Needed a place to stay in between flights. Reasonable cost per night for what is offered.

The hotel is an older construction but it seems to be well maintained. They offer free airport shuttle service and the trip to and from is fairly quick.

Our room was clean, tv worked fine with a good selection of programs, bathroom a little small, bed comfortable.

The hotel has an onsite restaurant that was OK. Serves Chinese and American food. Tried a little chinese and it was tasty at reasonable cost.

The continental breakfast is included and was good.

Overall the stay of one night was OK, would not have extended stay because hotel is located in a more industrial area with little to do. Long drives to shopping, attractions, etc..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lester
Airport Waterfront Inn
Airport Waterfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Essington
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
Philadelphia Airport Marriott
#36 of 88 in Philadelphia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport

Been to Quality Inn Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!