“Five stars in every way!”

The Inn at Leola Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leola
near DC
“Five stars in every way!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I are used to staying at fine hotels, but this is now right at the top of our very favorites. First of all, the service is extraordinary. Amanda, in the reception area was amazingly helpful, friendly and efficient. She offered us special pillows, which I have honestly never heard of a hotel doing, but is an awesome treat. She brought a "boomerang" pillow to our room while we were at dinner, but they had memory foam and full body ones as well.

The room was beyond gorgeous. Personally I am not a "brown" person, and the room was decorated in browns, but it was so beautiful that the colors were not a turnoff at all. (By the way, my photos don't come close to doing the room justice). The bathroom was also gorgeous, and as big as a small bedroom. The jacuzzi was huge, and had a rainfall shower head over it. It was all surrounded with brown stone tile, and both bathing and showering felt positively luxurious. There were more towels than we could possibly use. Everything was spotlessly clean, in the room and bathroom. Some of the decor is a bit worn, but that is part of the theme. The room offered a Keurig coffee machine, microwave and mini-fridge, ceramic coffee mugs and lovely wineglasses. In fact, we bought 2 of the glasses to take home as souvenirs.

I had seen "The Art of Shaving" advertised and I signed my husband up for a super-special shave treatment, and he enjoyed it more than I ever imagined he would. After that, he decided that I should get a massage the following day, which was spectacular (Dana was the masseuse). I then sent HIM over to get the same massage because it was so good. The prices were quite reasonable, and the service was top-notch. I am naturally frugal, but I don't feel that a single penny was wasted there!

We had dinner at the onsite casual restaurant Osteria Avanti, which I will review separately, but suffice it to say that it was great. The breakfast at the same restaurant was quite unique. It was continental, so mostly bread and fruit, but with some nice twists and a good variety. It's not like a full hot buffet but it is quite appropriate for the hotel style.

The ONLY complaint I have, and I am really stretching here, is that I think they need to use more fabric softener in the laundry. They had lovely cotton waffle blankets for the beds, but they felt like sandpaper, and the beautiful bathrobes and towels also felt a bit too stiff.

Seriously, this place is a real gem. I am already planning to bring my mother-in-law here in the fall when she comes to visit. And, I will be dropping hints to a special young lady in my life who is getting close to possibly getting engaged. This would be a fabulous place for her wedding!

Room Tip: Room 203 was lovely! But my guess is that all of the rooms will be nice. If you don't like one...
1 Thank mjaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We received a gift card to stay here - and booked a whirlpool room. From check in til check out service was amazing! The Inn has a few buildings - so depending on your room - your location may be different - but we stayed in the poolside suites and loved our room. Very private and comfy. The Inn was so clean and staff was very friendly! Breakfast was included each day - and we had lunch in the restaurant one day. All the food was really good and a great selection at that! We also enjoyed using the SPA for some treatments - the ladies in there were so professional but a lot of fun! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Poolside suites are very private and rooms are very large - with a fireplace and big whirlpool tub
Springfield, VA
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My three girlfriends and I met in Lancaster for a weekend without the hubbies at the Inn. We had a fantastic time! Their girlfriends' package couldn't be beat--we all stayed in a parlour suite and had plenty of room and the package came with allowances for each of us for the spa and for Te (their fine dining restaurant). We also got 2 bottles of champagne, strawberries, and a gift in the room as well as breakfast! The staff was extremely nice and accommodating--we wanted for nothing. There were plenty of nice touches in the room as well (including one very creepy monkey statue, but I digress). we had no issues with housekeeping--got turndown service and cookies every night. We are already planning next year's trip

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danspeanut
Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This inn is in a very quiet location, miles from the busy Lancaster area. We stayed in one of the parlor rooms. It was great for two friends sharing a getaway -- 2 very comfortable queen beds, with a sitting room for the early riser. The sitting room has 2 comfy chairs with an ottoman, a fridge, microwave, and Keurig with a small selection of coffee and tea. A bathroom area separates the sleeping and sitting area. It is well set up, with the toilet and tub separate from the sink and counter area. The building has beautiful pictures and furniture, as well as the room. The lobby area is very welcoming, with lovely wood trim and whimsical touches, especially the "flying pigs". Have someone tell you the story behind all those pigs around the property.

We enjoyed the spa and dining areas. Where we stayed, we had to go outside to get to most areas of the property. The spa is wonderful, and we would most definitely return there. It is close enough to home to do so.

I wish I could give the inn 5 stars but I cannot, as we had some issues. The first night we felt so pampered, as we got turndown service before bed. The beds were so comfortable and it was so quiet. The next day we walked to the restaurant for our complimentary breakfast, which was European style and quite good. We had spa appointments at 1 so we spent time in our sitting room relaxing and reading. When we returned back in our room after 4, housekeeping had not been to our room. That was disappointing and inconvenient. I had to call the front desk and have someone sent up. The front desk did not act surprised or offer an apology to me. It was not as if the hotel was full or busy, it was not, and it was inexcusable to have to request our room be cleaned, if this is truly the high quality of lodging advertised. In addition, the furniture in the room was dusty when we arrived. The lighting at the bathroom sink is very poor, making it hard to put makeup on. The TV in the sitting room is in a large cabinet so when the door is open to access it, it is in the way of the kitchenette area, very awkward. We did not get turndown service on our second night, so I don't know if we were just forgotten or not important enough. Regardless, it lowered my opinion of the inn enough to wonder if I would stay here again. We were here on a Travelzoo promo, which included a reduced rate, a glass of wine each night and $20 off at the spa. It was a great opportunity for a getaway close to home but it made me doubt staying at full price or recommending to anyone.

Overall, it was nice but definitely not perfect.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The Inn at Leola Village is a small boutique resort located outside of Lancaster in Leola, PA. It is set up like a small village, where the hotel rooms are located in several different buildings with restaurants and shops located in separate buildings in-between. The hotel is nice, quiet, and clean; but quirky as well. The rooms are spacious with plenty of amenities to be comfortable, and each one is a little different. But they are dark, even with all of the lights turned on. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast which was good but unique: The french toast strata was delicious, the frittata was ok, while the homemade sticky buns were disappointing. Coffee, tea, juice, bread/bagels, hard-boiled eggs, and fruit were the only other items offered (with Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's available for purchase from the bar). Do not expect a typical continental breakfast. There are two small, Italian-themed restaurants on-site: one is upscale (jackets required) and one is more casual with a lounge. Since the inn is located in the small town of Leola, it is not near anything so be prepared to drive if you are looking to dine-out or visit some sites. The staff was excellent, very nice and accommodating. For the price paid I would have expected something a little more luxurious instead of different, but all-in-all I had a nice stay at The Inn at Leola.

Room Tip: I find the "Coach" rooms upstairs from the check-in lobby and casual restaurant, are more...
pa
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The room was very big,but extremely dark.I hate not having light in the bathroom,The bed itself was comfortable,but the linens were thread bear.Old feather pillows,that were lumpy.I was not comfortable sleeping with them.They said that this room was just renovated. If it was , I hate to see the rest.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pat46455
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on the suggestion of a good friend.At first I was a bit reluctant to stay somewhere this close to home but I what a great weekend trip. From the moment we arrived to when we left, we were treated like royalty. Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff and one of my favorite parts, COMFORTABLE beds. This was a very quick trip for us, only about 35 minutes away from home but we cannot wait to go back. Plus the restaurant at the Inn is simply amazing. Highly recommended for a special couples retreat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leola
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to The Inn at Leola Village? Share your experiences!