1. We are a family of 5 and we went for a wedding. I was honest when I made my reservation and said "five." I was told I could not have a standard double and needed to upgrade to a deluxe. It cost much more. But when I arrived at the room, it still only slept 4--two double beds. It did have a sitting area but no extra sleeping space for a 5th person. My son slept on 2 arm chairs pushed together. I asked for a cot. They don't have any. I don't know why I was forced into a more expensive room without any added advantage.
2. The AC did not work well. It wasn't awful, but the temp did spike to almost 80 during the day.
3. My room was fine, but my mother's room and my brother's room had ants.
4. The breakfast was nice, but the food was too "fancy" for my children. Stuffed french toast, egg strata (which they ran out of), fruit, and doughnuts. (The kids did like the doughnuts.) Coffee was good.
5. Again, we were there for a wedding and a very unfortunate event happened that required the police. The couple's wedding cards were stolen. The Inn at Leola Village apparently has no surveillance. This is troublesome.
6. And again, we are a family of five and housekeeping did not refresh the shampoo or soaps. I'll admit, I didn't call down for more but I do expect this to be an automatic thing.
7. The bar and restaurant are very expensive. Almost $17 for 1 glass of wine and 3 sodas.
8. This is a wedding establishment. The week end we were there has 4 weddings in 3 days. Lots of partying and drinking. It's great to have some place to stay the night of the wedding but I can't imagine anyone wanting to stay there if they did not have too.
9. If you are considering a wedding at this venue, please do your research. It's truly beautiful but there are numerous complaints out there. This couple lost hundreds of dollars in the theft, they had 1 bartender for 150 people, they ran out of food. Just do your research and get everything in writing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Inn at Leola Village...Whether your visit to Lancaster County is for business travel, a leisurely weekend, a group outing or a romantic escape, you're going to love staying with us. We offer the perfect blend of historic charm and modern comforts, including complimentary WIFI and a 24/7 business center. Stay and enjoy a delicious made to order breakfast, served daily in our on site restaurant. Plus with our first class services, two on-site restaurants and full service spa and salon no one else offers more. So do business, relax or explore Pennsylvania's Dutch Country and make your at home at the Inn at Leola Village. Perfect Lancaster Location: Explore Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Lancaster County's Amish quilt shops, horse-and-buggy rides, Sight & Sound Theater, premium outlet shopping, world class antique shops and plenty of museums are just minutes from our door. If you're here on business; we are close to Greenfield Corporate Center, Case New Holland, Eurofins / Lancaster Laboratories, Bosch, Mannheim Auto and numerous other corporations. Plus we offer a free local corporate shuttle! Come enjoy Lancaster's only AAA rated 4 Diamond Historic Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Leola Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Leola Village, Lancaster Hotel Leola
- Hotel Leola Village
- Village Hotel Leola