“Wedding Bliss”

The Inn at Leola Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leola
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stumbled upon this location for a marriage ceremony site and reception. They have multiple sized areas to accommodate either a large party or small dinner. We ended up with a full ceremony and site down dinner for 100 people at the Bella dining room. They were BY FAR the most attentive, accomodating people I have ever been involved with. I have worked in the hospitality business and had very high expectations for my wedding day, while also not stressing about the 'small things'. I never had to stress. Kaci W, the Coordinater- FANTASTIC! Brandt on the day of was phenominal (they all were). The service was impecible, they even delivered things to our rooms for us as we cleaned up for the night.

They have everything you could possibly need for your wedding - a florist, the coordinators, bakery, photographers, even stylists (for men and women). Everything else they had recommended businesses they have used with wonderful service. We already had a guest baking our cakes and they were very helpful in accommodating us.

My only "frustration" was the florist in that she was not great in communications with me and I worried that it wouldn't be my 'vision'. But even that ended up wonderful. They did all the set up and clean up.

They set us up in a wonderful bridal suite for the 2 nights we were there. From the first moment of us 'dropping in' to see what the place even looked like, until we walked out the door on Sunday, we were catered to, pampered, and showered with some amazing service.

We only got engaged in August of 2012 and our wedding was Dec 22nd 2012. We found the Inn in October. Because we were flexible in our dates we managed to get just what we wanted and in great timing! Jess from the front desk (the dark haired one - no offense to the blonde one) was AMAZING! She showed us around the first day we showed up, showed us all of the rooms we wanted to see, knew answers to almost all of our questions and directed us to what we needed to do next. We saw her again when we checked in for the wedding. She remembered us and was again a phenominal help as we checked in and got all of our supplies for the wedding inside and organized.

The wedding dinner was wonderful and the service excellent. They really paid attention to the bride and groom and made sure we didn't want for anything. We were able to be in the bar after the celebration to continue with those that wanted to. As we had a bunch of late night partiers in our guests it was a great end to the day. I did make sure that my guests that I KNEW would be in bed earlier or would be bothered by outside noises stayed in one of the other buildings. Since we stayed in the hotel the night before and heard the wedding party from that night, we knew it wasn't sound proof (we didn't care but didn't want to distrurb our guests).

The breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing - many of us thought it was breakfast until 11 am but it ended at 10 am. It was REALLY great food, but some was cold and there wasn't much of a variety. One of my guests has food delivered to our room - that was great (because we microwaved it up there) but some other guests mentioned it wasn't very warm.

We have already decided we will be coming back for our anniversary each year. All of our guests raved about the event, we raved about the event and I recommend this place to anyone looking for a fantastic, high class, wonderful place for anyone to hold an event - whether it is a wedding, special dinner, birthday or other great occassion. THANK YOU Traci!!

Room Tip: If you are not part of the wedding celebration and you want to go to bed before the wedding party ha...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from March 10, 2012 till August 4, 2012. I was working in the area for that duration. First i was surprised at the price. They beat other notable extend stay hotels in the area with there price on the first try. Second the accommodations were great for what I need when I travel away for long periods. I was in the old house at the front of the property. My room had an upstairs/downstairs. Living room, Kitchen with everything but a stove, upstairs was the bathroom, office area, and bedroom with a king size bed. The bathroom was shower only which was fine for me. I had rooms on each side of me, there was only 3 total in the house. Never had problems with hearing neighbors, did hear the traffic from Route 23 but it was not bad after 10:00 pm. You heard more horses than cars.
The staff were good, they were helpful. I ate at the restaurant a few times the food was good.

Overall for a business traveler this place is great and is a beautiful setting for you off days and there is lots to do in the area.

I recommend staying here weather for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Inn at Leola Village was a remarkable venue for my mother’s surprise birthday celebration! The day started with treatments for four at the Destinations Spa which was akin to a holiday getaway. Our dear friend in attendance stated, “the moment I walked through the spa door I felt my stress beginning to melt away.” By the end of our time at the spa, it felt like we had spent an entire day in luxury.

The surprise dinner party was picturesque; the décor provided the ambiance. Guests consistently commented throughout the evening about the restaurant: “absolutely gorgeous,” “quite lovely,” “so fancy!” The food served for our family style feast was beyond delicious, according to many. The cakes were fit for queens! (We celebrated our friend’s birthday too.)

At the conclusion of our grand night, we settled into our cozy Inn beds. The Ada Fisher cottage was a sanctuary for peace and we found ourselves hoping to become snowed in during the night so we could stay a little longer. Guests who stayed in other rooms enjoyed a quiet, restful sleep in their elegant rooms.

From beginning through the bittersweet end, the staff members of the Inn at Leola Village were incredible. Our Destinations Spa Event Planner Alanna was a pleasure to work with and provided a spa schedule that flowed with ease, while still accommodating our time considerations. The spa personnel really made our time spent there enjoyable.
Our Event Planner for the dinner celebration was also a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. Kelly worked with my hectic schedule via emails and phone calls to accommodate planning. Upon arrival to the restaurant, it was quite evident that she had taken all of my requests as well as hopes into consideration. Every member of the wait staff was pleasant and quite accommodating. They worked cohesively to not only meet our guests’ needs, but to really make them feel special.

This birthday celebration was truly an occasion to remember thanks to the Inn at Leola Village!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as members of a Trafalgar tour. The hotel room we were allocated was a suite with separate sitting room and was spacious and extremely comfortable. The traditional Amish dinner was a wonderful introduction to their diet and culture, and breakfast was very good. The only minor concern are the showers which must be as old as the building, but hey nothing worth considering when you are looked after in such style. I inadvertently left my dress jacket in my room when leaving and they could not have been more helpful in returning this to the UK for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I use opulent in a positive sense, since it was the word I kept thinking of for the duration of my 3 day stay here. They had already set things up for Christmas, so the decor was a lovely and lavish combination of Christmas and autumn decorations.

Amanda was at the desk when I checked in and was a truly sweet and beautiful lady who walked me to my room and informed me on all the hotel's amenities. Definitely a 4 star treatment that I rarely see even at 4 star hotels.

My room was a plush and HUGE apartment sized double furnished with old antiques and a modern LCD TV. There were no curtains but the wooden blinds here were sufficient to keep the light out at night. The carpeting was also outstanding, very plush and very comfortable to walk on. I also had two faucets along with a mini fridge and microwave, those amenities that are always annoyingly absent at 4 star establishments. Room service was also available $25 minimum, and in the basement of the same building a billiard room, fitness room and laundry room all just a short elevator ride away from me.

Continental breakfast is free but on the light side. Very carby, and very few, if any hot items to choose from (no eggs, waffles, pancakes, sausages or bacon). The coffee was EXCELLENT though. It was so good that I intended to ask what blend they used, but forgot to do so before I left.

It's obvious the grounds here are set up particularly for weddings, but when no events are taking place it's very relaxing to be able to have the scenery, gardens and even the spa here mostly to yourself.

The only downside is the papier-mâché quality of the walls. I'm hearing impaired and yet even I could hear conversations and noises from TV sets through the walls as if they were in the same room as me. If you're looking to do any underhanded business dealings here, probably best to look elsewhere as the whole world will be able to listen in on your conversations. ;-)

Overall, I now have two favorite hotels to choose from the next time I stay in Lancaster.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and it is a beautiful place! We stayed in the main part of the hotel and my only complaint is that the walls are very thin... I could hear full conversations that people were having in the hallway and, in my opinion, these folks we not speaking very loudly. My husband did not like that the TV only had a limited number of channels - not important to me, but it was for him! We had our 3 year old with us, and the hotel is definitely not suited for children, but I would love to come back some day for a couples getaway!

Room Tip: you may have a quieter room if you stay out of the main building
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

whenever we have guests we put them here. It is amazing and really pretty
the locale is stunning, service is great and super for everyone
rates are super and food is great
i really recommend this if you are coming to see the Pa Dutch or get away in the country
close to all attractions

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pgf04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leola
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to The Inn at Leola Village? Share your experiences!