“life is good at leola village”

The Inn at Leola Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leola
jamesport
“life is good at leola village”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at leola village march 2 and 3 . 2012 What a great time from the moment we arrived . appollo checked us in and brought our bags to the room .After we had drinks and ate at Mazzis which was sooo good. I called the front desk to ask where the ice machine was ? appollo said give me a few minutes and there he was in the pouring rain with my ice. We stayed in the amos barn with the rain hitting the tin roof laying there drinking my Hendricks I said this is heaven .Thanks for a great weekend wish we could of stayed all week. if you want spa services call in advance.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hungoverJamesport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York, NY
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This was hands down one of our worst hotel experiences. And we walked out and didn't even sleep here but I still feel the need to share our story. I am TRULY shocked that any one could post glowing reports of this place. I have also filed a report with AAA (the top rankers of B&Bs).

I had won a "Couples Romance package" at a bridal expo. The package promised a luxurious suite, champagne and welcome gift waiting in the room, a couple massage and 4 course dinner. My new husband and I trekked from NYC to Lancaster, PA this past Saturday. It was also my birthday so we figured what a perfect getaway for a celebration.

I confirmed this reservation - for the Lancaster Bridal suite- twice.

We arrived at 3pm and pulled up into what looked like a strip mall. This unit of buildings was right against the busy road. There were retail units sprinkled amongt the rooms (Art of Shaving, tacky souvenir shops) and we were immediately taken aback. Where was the romantic B&B?!

We entered the reception area. Two young adults were working the counter. Apparently both needed to help the one couple who were waiting. When they finally gave that couple the Lancaster Bridal suite, I was stunned but vowed to keep cool and see what they had in store for us. The clerk took our voucher and said it would take a minute. After 10 minutes, I questioned him on what in the world he was doing. He was flustered and had no answer. The woman came over and said that the Parlor suite was ready for us. Now there was NO greeting, NO welcome. No bit of kindness was extended to this point (or at all). I said we had the Lancaster bridal suite on reserve. She stammered that this was all she had for us as the other bridal suite was damaged with a water issue? I pointed out someone should have called me to share that info. She offered to show us the Parlor suite- I insisted she also show us a room with a fireplace. She said she only had 1 left with queen beds. Again, she was rude and dismissive, like WE were bothering her. We walked to the Parlor suite in the building facing the road. As soon as she opened the door to this area of rooms, we were stunned by the horrid mold smell. It made the manure on the ground smell pleasant. The decor was something out of an assisted living center. Bleak, damp and so uninviting. I refused this room and insisted we be given the best room available. We went back to the lobby and stood there for 15 minutes while she disappeared. She came back and told us she would show us a room in the barn with a jacuzzi. I explained again (i had mentioned this earlier) that I was pregnant and a jacuzzi tub was of zero interest. We wanted to see the room with the fireplace. Again, she stammered and the admitted that it had just been given away (while we were waiting, 3 older women came in and asked for rooms. Apparently reservations are a joke here- anyone can walk off the street and be accomodated).

We were furious. She took us to see the barn room. It was truly disgusting. The room had 20 ft ceilings, 2 lumpy queen beds, stone floors. The bathroom was up a flight of stairs (with that stupid jacuzzi!) and the worst yet, there was a closet door next to one bed that was being used to store cleaning supplies?! This room was not somewhere to spend a romantic, birthday evening. I wouldn't sleep there if someone paid me too.

I actually burst into tears, my husband told the rude associate that the room, and B&B were not acceptable and we walked away.

There was no welcome, no champagne, no spa gift basket. This was NOT an upscale Inn with crisp linens, pretty flowers, clean amenties, spa like products.

It is a dump. Nothing about this was charming, scenic or romantic. And the behavior of the staff is exactly what one would expect in a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
17 Thank nickijags
InnsOfDistinction, General Manager at The Inn at Leola Village, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Nickijags,

I am sorry that you and your husband did not have the romantic escape you imagined. That’s a shame, since I am confident that you would have had a wonderful experience at the Inn at Leola Village had you given us the opportunity to be of service.

However, it appears that what you expected was far different than what we offer at the Inn at Leola Village. Maybe this is where the disconnect began?

First we are not a “B&B” nor are we a “strip mall”. The Inn at Leola Village is just that, an Inn. We have 7 various buildings on property; some are restored antique homes others are new construction and all are nestled on acres of beautiful plantings and flowers. And while we are located on a 2 lane local roadway, often traveled by Amish buggies; it’s very rarely busy although this is theoretically possible.

In regard to your statement about the “welcome champagne” and “no spa gift basket”; we had these gifts staged for you and your husband and they would have been delivered to your suite shortly, had you decided to stay with us. Additionally, our linens are extremely luxurious and crisp, our rooms amazingly clean and service levels compensatory of other Four Diamond Rated hotels.

Nonetheless, you had expectations of something and we were unable to meet them. I accept this unfortunate situation, but I assure you and the other readers of TripAdvisor that the Inn at Leola Village is not a dump and we are very much a romantic, charming and luxurious Inn.

We do appreciate your taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our second stay, and was by far even better than the first. I love that all the suites are decorated differently, you get different experience every time. This inn is the perfect place for romance. We had dinner at the restaurant there (which is an experience also) and when we got back from dinner, the romantic music was on, the fireplace was burning, the bed turned down, and rose petals were scattered across the bed and around the jacuzzi tub. The room was quiet and well appointed. Breakfast was included as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Racine
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a wonderful place - all suites, everyone different. Different showers in everyone.It is in the middle of no where, but I stayed there many times when traveling on business to the New Holland headquarters. If you are ever traveling through the area, this is a must stop. It is also an Amish community.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We came for a weekend visit and the inn met our expectations. We read the negative reviews here on trip advisor and while there is some kernel of truth to them, lets be reasonable. Do the floors creak? Its an old build- what do you expect? Can you hear people in the hall or in the parking lot? Yes, but it was not so obtrusive as to ruin our time together. (we did use a white noise app on our ipad as we sleep with one at home). Rooms were well appointed and comfortable. We ate in the lounge on the evening we arrived, drinks were pricey but about what i expected given the image intoned. Overall it was a great weekend and we would definetly stay again. PS-no wedding the weekend of our stay, it was winter. The Inn does not identify itself as a place for children. It is quiet. There are not amenities for children. If you want a family spot, try something else

• Stayed January 2012
West Babylon
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Had a lovely time the first week of December at the Inn. It's one of our favorite places to stay in Lancaster. It's far enough away from Rt 30 where all the touristy places are yet close enought to the best that Lancaster has to offer. The food at the restuarant is excellent, you will think you are in a 5 star restuarant in NYC. The staff is wonderful. Jessica checked us in and walked us to our room and was very helpful and accomodating. This was our third trip there. Looking forward to staying again come spring.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms down in the Lancaster House.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funnygrl963
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time this past weekend. Upon arriving, we had a very hard time finding even just one parking spot. An on-site event apparently pushed the parking capacity into overflow. If I had one suggestion to make, it would be that they would offer valet parking to move the non-guest vehicles off-site so that the overnight guests have a place to park. However, once we found a place to park, we never wanted to leave! We stayed in the Coach House, Bridal Room #415. The location was very convenient to the main lobby, but also removed enough to be somewhat private. The room is beautifully and tastefully decorated. The whirlpool and adjacent fireplace as well as the 3 headed shower for two was awesome. The bed was extremely plush and comfortable, although high above the floor which took some getting used to. No complaints, however!! The only drawback to the room was the noise level coming from the next room. I chalked it up to the holiday season (and again, whatever event was there that weekend) and didn't report it to the front desk for that reason. As long as we kept the TV and/or music playing, it was fine. Closing the bathroom door and closet doors helped as well. The Inn's restaurant where we ate dinner was charming and romantic. Again, service a bit slow because of everything else going on there this holiday time of year. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and served in another building very close by. I fell in love with this place by looking at their web-site, so I booked not only one Saturday night stay, but the next Saturday as well. I'm so glad I did and can't wait to return and experience another unique room!!

Room Tip: When you make your reservation, be clear about what amenities you want (fireplace, whirlpool, king...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leola
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to The Inn at Leola Village? Share your experiences!