“The food was good”
Review of The Log Cabin

The Log Cabin
Reserve with OpenTable
The Log Cabin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Leola
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Log Cabin is an upscale restaurant specializing in local farm to table cuisine, historic rustic décor and exquisite service. The Cabin is perfect for a special occasion with a significant other, casual dinner with friends, family gatherings, business meetings and receptions. Surrounded by 6 acres of the Lehoy Forest in the beautiful Lancaster County countryside, the Cabin is a local classic with new age warmth and flare.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here on 9/15/12.
The service was good, but not very personable.
I had to ask the server Adam for his name, as he did not volunteer it after several visits to our table. I had the lamb chops which I ordered medium...they came out seared and raw, like Tuna.
I sent them back and all was corrected in a few minutes.
The rest of the food was prepared well and tasted very good.
The atmosphere is dark and dimly lit, after all it is a log cabin.
For what they charge for the dinners here I expected more in the fine dining vein.

2  Thank meadowbrookowners

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife's dinner was ok and server hot. Mine was less than ok and served less than warm. Waiter asked how our dinners were. We told him and he didn't seem to care. We wanted to share our experience with the owners but there is no way to do that --- no e-mail address available and not available in person or later on the phone.

7  Thank fred08pa
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was our first trip back to The Log Cabin since it re-opened. Having had many memorable dinners there in the past, we were anxious to see if the new management would produce another fine dining spot in Lancaster County.

I have to say that the experience got off to a slow start. As another reviewer mentioned, the staff seemed somewhat aloof, especially when greeting us. Rather than giving us a smile and a hearty welcome, the woman at the podium simply handed us off to someone who seated us. (Maybe they think "fine dining" is synonymous with "snootiness"?? Once we got seated, our waiter was friendly and interactive. When our appetizers (sautéed calamari, and red beets) arrived, both of us were disappointed. The calamari might have been sauteed at some point in the process, but it wound up in a bowl with a lot of garlic broth. It was OK, but not anything I'd order again. My wife reported that the red beets were "average".

By now we were thinking that we might be in for a mediocre experience. Fortunately for us, however, things turned around right away. Both our salads (mine a caesar, her's the tomatoes and mozzarella) were excellent, as was the bread that accompanied the course. For our entrees my wife had veal scallopini and I had the halibut special. Both were excellent, as were the side dishes that accompanied them.

Our server was attentive, but did not rush us. We enjoyed a fine bottle of wine, and lingered a while after dinner. A good cup of coffee ended the meal on a high note.

We'll be back.

1  Thank Interimwalrus
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our first visit to The Log Cabin Restaurant, visiting the Lancaster area for the weekend. The restaurant is hard to find, deep in a residential neighborhood. The food was exceptional - an inspired chef with memorable flavors and generous portions.

While the initial impact walking in was warm and cozy with the lovely little oil lamps lit all around, unfortunately the staff did not match up to that. They were professional but not especially welcoming; in fact, they seemed rather distant. The night we were there, the restaurant was almost completely empty so its not like they didn't have the time to at least give us a smile. I would also recommend changing the music to be a bit livelier as it was rather somber in the background.

We're giving the overall rating based on the exceptional meal that we had. However, the overall experience is as important as the food. That's where further work is needed.

4  Thank PG-NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

An old favorite - back again! Someone there really knows how to cook. The atmosphere is very cozy and the service is excellent.