“Easter Dinner Spectacular”
Review of The Log Cabin

The Log Cabin
Reserve with OpenTable
The Log Cabin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Leola
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Log Cabin is an upscale restaurant specializing in local farm to table cuisine, historic rustic décor and exquisite service. The Cabin is perfect for a special occasion with a significant other, casual dinner with friends, family gatherings, business meetings and receptions. Surrounded by 6 acres of the Lehoy Forest in the beautiful Lancaster County countryside, the Cabin is a local classic with new age warmth and flare.
Lancaster, Pa.
“Easter Dinner Spectacular”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Log Cabin has had a long and rich history in Lancaster. It has reopened under new ownership and it is right back where it left off with excellent service, ambience and fantastic food.

It has always been known as a steak restaurant and knowing this I could not resist having their Filet Mignon. I am a steak affecinado and can honestly say their Filet was the BEST I HAVE EVER HAD AT ANY STEAK RESTAURANT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

Give this fine restaurant a try, it will surely surprise and please you and you will enjoy it immensely!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank LancasterTraveler

Mansfield, Ohio
“Only Nice”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant with a rich history. The food is good. The prices are steep and the service is only satisfactory. I had dinner with a large group of friends for a birthday in a private room. All ordered off the menu and the food was very good. White asparagus salad was really excellent, but the house salad also looked very good. Crab cakes were full of crab and very good but on the menu paired with baked sweet potato, which I switched out to regular baked potato - also good. All my companions enjoyed the food which was expensive but worthy of a big night out. It became awkward at the end of the meal because the waiters insisted that each table of 6 or more have their bills paid together. The waiters made it difficult for each of us to cash out. In this day, with computers and credit cards it seems that it should not be a problem for individuals or couples to pay for their own meals, even if the restaurant wanted to add additional gratuity. As we lingered over dessert the waiters made it very obvious that it was time to go - cleaning up near us and resetting the tables under us. I do not think I would go back here.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank slrv61
Little Falls, NY
“Better than I remembered”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

In the early 1990's I had the pleasure of dining at the Log Cabin each year. It was a dinner that capped off a hard work week and never a disappointment. The history says that it was once an old "Speak Easy". It is situated at the top of hill at the end of a narrow winding road; you first pass through a coverd one lane bridge. I had heard that the restaruant was re opened by a couple that used to work at there prior to its closing. They have maitained the high standards!

We ate in a room with a glowing fireplace that took the chill out of the night. Our dinner was started with a selection of wine from a fantastic wine list. For our meals: my sister and I both had the Chilean Sea Bass; my mom had the Crab Cakes. All dinners were served with fresh veggies and mashed sweet potatoes. I selected the spinach salad which was wonderful.

We plan on once again making this a yearly stop (I live in Upsate NY while my sister is in Philadelphia).

Their website is a good read but you will want to hear their specials before making your final decission.

1 Thank My_Aruba
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Well Done”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

First time to visit since it reopened,Everything Was Great.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Great dining experience!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We visited on Sunday evening & the parking lot was full. The wait staff was very knowledgeable & helpful. The restaurant has undergone a restoration with new owners taking over so the grounds from the rear windows & dining rooms are fresh & just wonderful for relaxed dining. We had Crab Cakes & Trout - each entre was done to perfection - delicious!
We had guests with us from Austin, TX & Seattle. We certainly enjoyed our visit & will schedule a return visit soon!

2 Thank anne6018