“Stuffed Buffalo Chicken pizza”
Review of Vinny's Vegas Pizza and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vinny's Vegas Pizza and Grill
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 21, 2013

All I need to say is try the stuffed pizza. The buffalo and cheese steak are delicious. I have also tried the Focaccia Margherita pizza and it is also great.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Lots of choices on pizza and it all looked delicious. We opted for the subs...had a hot one. I think it's called a grinder there? Anyway, it was AWESOME!!! Also amazing were the pepperoni rolls. So much garlic yummmmm. Good prices and great service.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had asked my son where I could get good pizza delivered, as I was planning to send pizza to Harrisburg Hospital staff, where I was well cared for during a recent hospitalization. I don't care for much of the pizza in the area, so I was at at loss. He suggested Vinny's having had a pizza from there that he liked.

It has a regular store-front ambiance. Clean and efficient. Nothing special about that.

The attention by the staff the day I was there (and on a return visit) was very friendly and efficient. Having not eaten there before, they took time to explain what was in/on each offering and how they could slice it for bite-sized servings instead of whole pieces (important when you don't know how many will be sharing). We finally decided on 3 different pizzas for a total of 7 pizzas. When I was ringing out, I asked if they had any coupons I could apply, and to my surprise, she gave me a very generous discount. Then she offered me a slice of any pizza I'd like to try. I tried the hot and spicy one. It was very good. I had to be out of town the day the pizzas were to be delivered and they very generously texted me when they had been delivered so that I knew they hadn't been forgotten.

I have nothing but good things to say about Vinny's. The people, at least on 2 visits, have been very friendly and helpful. The food has been very good and different from a lot of what's offered locally...and service/discounts/special attention went way beyond what I expected.

In addition, they have GREAT deals every day of the week. The best, in my opinion, is Wednesday. Between 5 and 9, you pay only what time it is when your call is received for a large pizza. Call at 5:00 and you pay $5.00. 8:02 and you pay $8.02. Fun!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I take my pizza very seriously. After living in the Harrisburg area for over 5 years and trying countless pizza shops, I still hadn't found GREAT pizza...until I went there last night. The dough, sauce, cheese, proportions, toppings, atmosphere, staff - everything was great. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Vinny Vegas with my wife on Sunday August 5th, 2012. Had experienced some what positive results previously, and had a coupon for a pizza, so did not hesitate to go there. Arrived at Vinny Vegas at approximately 4:05pm, and quickly ordered a large cheese pizza and 2 fountain drinks for dine-in. At the time, we were the only customers in the building.
Shortly after our arrival and order, 3 college aged looking girls arrived, I noticed the pizza maker guy looked very distracted by the presence of 3 younger girls. He even came 'out front' to the counter area to banter with them a little. They all ordered specialty slices which were premade, and only needed reheating, so the girls were quickly accomodated, and went to a table and ate. Soon after they left, and once again me and the wife were alone in the restaurant. At 4:40, approximately 35 minutes after arriving and ordering a large plain pizza (AT AN EMPTY PIZZA SHOP), we were informed by a seemingly unsympathetic counter girl, that our pizza was burnt. We were told not to worry, they were making us another one, but we could "have the burnt one too if we wanted it"???? Not sure what I would do with a burnt pizza.
The guy who was the pizza maker was much more apologetic, and even went so far as to bring out a "peperoni stick", which was basically a big bread stick with some peperoni and cheese in it, to us for free. This was kind, and appreciated. At 5:02 we were informed our pizza was now ready, I was due at work at 5pm, so I got the pizza to go now, and gave it to my wife for her to have for dinner, and went to work on an empty stomach.
At no point was I ever offered a refund. In fact, the girl working the front counter seemed oblivious to us for the vast majority of our time there, and hardly offered an apology. I think if ownership or management had been present, they would have probably cringed at what they witnessed. It was a terrible job of fixing a major mistake. I am not a guy who looks for free stuff, but come on, and hour for a plain pizza at an empty pizza shop? Terrible.
I will not go back even though I have enjoyed the food in the past. This was THE WORST customer service experience I have ever had in a restaurant. The cook shouldnt be the one trying to satisfy customers even if he is the one that burnt the pizza, mistakes happen, I get that. But the girl who gets paid to do very little but stand there, take some money and be pleasant wasnt very good at any of the above. Which is a shame, because she is the face of your business when she is working that counter Vinny Vegas.
AGAIN, WILL NOT GO BACK.