“Great addition to New Cumberland!!”

Shugar's Philly Deli
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Lemoyne
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

So I finally made it in to try a cheesesteak! They definitely are great and make you feel like you're in Philly. Many have commented on other sites and this one about running out of bread, I understand why. The rolls are perfect and fresh. I'd take a fresh roll over a stale one ANYDAY! Other sub shops in town better watch out. In addition to cheesesteaks the have a large selection of hoagies. And as for price, half a sub is what would be considered a whole sub elsewhere and packed full of meat. Kudos to you Shugars!

1  Thank Ktr4371
There are newer reviews for Shugar's Philly Deli

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Moved to New Cumberland
316 Bridge St.
Best cheesteaks in the area. They often run out of rolls, so order early!

1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was introduced to this place shortly after the place opened. I met the owner on my first trip in. He's a great guy. The food here is absolutely excellent. If you want a great cheesesteak, this is the place you want to go.

I usually grab a cheesesteak to go when I'm here and go across the parking lot to the nearby cigar lounge, which really compliments the food, or I go back to my hotel and eat it.

Definitely a must visit if you're in the Lemoyne area!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I love Philly Cheese steaks and I've had them at every joint in Central PA. Shugar's is the best, hands down! They have the original cheese steak with Cheese Whiz w/or w/o onions. You can get sauce and additional toppings and substitute Provolone for Cheese Whiz.. In my opinion this sandwich needs no sauce.

They have two sizes 1/2 and whole but don't be deceived; the half size could make two meals or be shared by 2. I think the price for a 1/2 is about $7.50 or so. You can also get it with extra meat. If you doubt my rave review try one.

BTW their other subs especially the Roast Beef and Provolone are excellent!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We never heard of this little store in the corner of the old Hoover's Plaza. It's a hidden gem. Our adult children raved about the food and decided to try it out. This is not a place to sit down and eat, but is perfect to pick up. I called early in the week to find out if we should call ahead for an order for 8 adults and 2 children on the Satrday before Memorial Day. The very friendly, personable employee said to call around 9:30 Saturday and what I did. The order was placed fo pick up at 5:30 and was ready wen we arrived. The place is not fancy, the employees are very friendly, and the restaurant appeared to be clean. We ordered from the on line menu and found the menus on the walls were the same with several specials too. The menu is so varied and can be adapted to your individual tastes. We walked out with a huge bag of food and the bill was very reasonable. We still needed to find out if our adult children were accurate with their reviews. They were spot on! Each person had special requests for their items (some onions, some mayo, and the list goes on) and every item was exactly as ordered. You have a choice of 10" or 20" subs and the 10" is so packed with meat and cheese it is quite adequate for 2 lighter eaters. Each person that ordered a sub was very happy with their choice and even the 3 and 7 year olds ate their entire meal. Our daghter and I had salads that were made with a variety of crisp lettuce, an amazing assortment of vegetables, and a wonderful store made oil and vinegar dressing. My salad was a side salad and it was huge! I also had a crab bisque type soup and it had the perfect combination of spices, but not a lot of crab. This is a much needed addition to this area if you are a sandwich or salad lover. They need to get the word out they've arrived and ready to serve the area with good food and terrific service.

1  Thank pitt_twins