“Fuggedaboudit!”

Shugar's South Street Steaks
Ranked #23 of 46 Restaurants in Lemoyne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 25, 2012

You say you don't fist pump...well, you will after a sandwich as Shugar's! After decades of imposters, there is finally a real hoagie shop in the Harrisburg area...FINALLY! Everyone from the Philly/S. Jersey area has their favorite hoagie shop and they are fiercely loyal, but I can promise you that no one from that area would be disappointed with any of the sandwiches from Shugar's. They have it down...the meats...the cheeses...the bread...all the best. The vibe of the place is great too, with efficient and pleasant service. As the other reviewers have said, there are only 2 small tables (which is convenient, since you may not make it out of the store without digging in) so you may want to do take out. Speaking of take out...they are happy to pack things on the side so that you don't end up with a soggy mess. Their delivery system is aces too. They have done several large deliveries for me and each time the order was correct and it arrived on time. You just can't do a better job than they do at Shugar's. Darn...I knew this would happen...now I have to go get a Bristol Stomp!

3  Thank Paciano12

Reviewed August 23, 2012

During a recent trip to the area to visit Hersheypark, we sought this place out based on the reviews, and were so glad we did. I had the roast pork w/ the sharp provolone and broccoli rabe, and it was as good or better than Dinic's or Tony Luke's. I also sampled my son's cheese steak, and it was phenomenal as well. Rolls are delivered fresh from Philly every morning and they use premium meats. Prices are slightly on the high side, but the portions are huge, so overall a good value. Two people could easily split one. Not much seating available (only two tables and a small counter), so just grab some extra napkins and enjoy it in your car or elsewhere. I lived in the Philadelphia area for a few years in the mid 80's and still visit there occasionally, so I can speak from experience that this place is at least as good (IMO actually, better than) any of the cheesesteak places in Philly (Pat's, Gino's, T Luke's, etc.).

1  Thank mstr824
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm not a huge sub person, but this place makes me crave them. Very friendly employees & it always hits the spot. A must try, you won't be disappointed. Only down fall is no where to sit normally, take out usually.

1  Thank kelsbel86
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Ate at Shugar's for the first time this week......amazing! I ordered the "Big Lew" named after the owners' father. Turkey, peppered ham, prosciutto and rosemary dill mayo. OMG......the best sub I have ever had! The rolls were to die for also. I don't get too excited about subs, but honestly, this really was the best sub I have ever eaten! They also have cheeesesteaks, which I will try on my next visist, but I am ordering a "Big Lew" for later. This place is a must try! The whole enchilada!! EXCELENTE!!!

1  Thank Wendy Kay
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Shugarts is located in the West Shore Farmers Market. This is probably the best cheesesteak we have had outside Phily. Maybe even in Phily. Burgers, Chicken - ALL GOOD! Downside to being located in the market is limited hours, mostly over lunch. Upside is that it's a cool market and there is plenty of seating to eat at.