“Great local hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Westmont, New Jersey
“Great local hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here one night to be close to Blue Mountain ski area anticipating a big winter storm and snowfall. Wanted to avoid driving from South Jersey in morning Philadelphia rush hour traffic, especially if it snowed overnight.
Found the Mahoning Inn on Google maps, checked it out on Tripadvisor and saw the overwhelmingly excellent reviews. Called to book immediately and was not disappointed. Mr. Singh (owner & manager) took my reservation personally. A very nice man. As I was arriving late, they offered to turn up the room heat so I would be comfortable when I arrived (and they did just that).
My experience mirrors all the positive past reviews. Comfort, cleanliness, attention to little things, everything was just right. Keep in mind that this is a small, family owned motel and very reasonalbe. The continental breakfast is basic but all I needed to get going, and there are several local restaurants in the immediate area, one right next door. I was very please with my brief stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed with this hotel for a couple weeks while working in the area after hurricane Sandy. I have been traveling for work for years and Bill is by far the fairest and most considerate Manager I have done business with. The rooms are large and clean with a fridge and microwave provided. Our room's also had a new flat panel TV's, mattress and A/c / heating units. English muffins, bagels, fruit and all the other essentials were provided for breakfast. The cleaning staff is very accommodating and the rooms were kept very clean. Location is great with restaurants, gas stations and the PA turnpike right around the corner. Overall the crew and I both enjoyed our time with the Mahoning Inn and if we are ever in the area we will not hesitate to stop in, say hello and get a room for the night.

Room Tip: The back rooms have beautiful view and no traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My mom, dad, and I liked the room we had. It was neat, clean, and orderly and at a decent price. The workers were friendly. We would go there again. We were there because our home lost power for a few days and they did not which was great because it is only six minutes away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stay here regularly because it is a safe, clean, and well run local motel. The owner is updating the outside and the rooms and continually working to make this an attractive location. I would recommend this motel to anyone, single or family who is traveling through Carbon County.

While not a chain motel, the Mahoning Inn provides breakfast, WiFi, and HBO. The front desk can direct you to local attractions and restaurants. The staff is very helpful.

Stayed November 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was in Lehighton PA for work and was stuck there because of Hurricane Sandy. I was so impressed with the quality of the rooms the cleanliness of the hotel and the outstanding and kind service of the whole staff. We had no way to leave town except from Allentown and the GM made sure we got where we needed to go without us even having to ask. So if you like great service and good people and a clean quality hotel the Mahoning inn is the perfect place to stay and when I go back that is the only hotel I will stay at. Kannan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boyertown
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife & I stayed here on a recent trip to Jim Thorpe.
First the GOOD POINTS: Very easy to get to. Right on the main road (Rt. 433). next to gas stations & resturants. Easy check in. Decent price, around $70 for a fall festival weekend. Room in back had no traffic noise. A motel that is clearly undergoing refurbishing. Had new flat screen tv, ref., microwave, shower stalls, painting & wallpaper trim, New iron & ironing board. Seemed clean w/ clean sheets. Decent beds,(Apparenty replaceing mattress's. Several placed at dumpster out front) Good shower pressure, Complimentary Breakfast.
Now the BAD: While driving around the back of the motel to park, People in the room below us (& luckly one over) drinking, talking loud, motel room door open & walking on bed.
A car & truck near back parking area with hood and trunk just left open no one around.
Walking up the stairs to room saw cleaner and dirty cleaner pads thrown under steps. Unwashed pots & pans by grill in back. Upon entering the room a slight smell (Luckly disappered after you were in the room awhile). Cigarette burn hole in bed spread (In non smoking room) Spread & sheets looked clean though. Temp. of water in shower fluctuated, Still had some renovations to go. Only 2 tables right in front of check in to eat breakfast. No juice.
Definitely not a five star., but trying to improve.
I guess all in all can't complain for the price & a nights stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the inn for a number of years since my sister moved back to Palmerton, Pa. The most important aspect for us for a room is it`s cleanliness. The rate for the room is very reasonable; plus they have a microwave and fridge in each room. Some more exspensive hotels charge extra for a fridge. We have stayed in much more exspensive rooms and they were not clean! They never clean behind the furniture The inn is independently owned and well run. Staff go the extra distance to make your stay enjoyable. They serve a light continental breakfast which is sufficient. They have been updating such items such as new windows and they open which is important to us. It`s nice to see an independent facility doing so well! Outside is also well cared for. It`s nice to be recognized when you return each year.

Room Tip: Go online and view the rooms especially their location. My husband has his favourite rooms he likes...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2swimmers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven

Been to Mahoning Inn? Share your experiences!