“Warm Greetings on Rainy Nights”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Warm Greetings on Rainy Nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

After traveling a great deal on the 476 cooridor for business, it is always a challenge to find quality and affordable lodging. Depending upon the season hotels can be expensive or booked up, without much choice. The Country Inn & Suites in Lehighton is ALWAYS a consistent stopping point with a warm and welcoming staff. Some travelers believe that an inexpensive hotel means that it is CHEAP, but I continue to be surprised by Country Inn & Suites locations, and this one is clean, convenient (right off of 476), and the staff couldn't make you feel more at home. I will definitely stay here again, rather than at the other hotel down the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Dear lambleslie,

Thank you for choosing us and returning quite a bit. Whether it be our business travelers, repeat guest or new friendly faces we will always try our best to make you feel as if we were you're closest friend welcoming you into our home! Thank you for the compliments and we will continue to strive to provide the service and cleanliness you have grown to love.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season,
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

We booked a wedding block here and initially thought this hotel would be the least of our worries…but, it turned into an aggravating experience. 6 weeks later, the issues (which we have now involved corporate) are still not resolved due to rude and incompetent management.
First issue, my parents and I checked in and were sent to two rooms on the third floor (the smoking floor). We returned to the front desk stating that we booked non-smoking rooms and the reply was that when they are busy they have to place guests on the smoking floor…we waited for two more non-smoking rooms to be cleaned because the third floor reeks as soon as the elevator door opens.
Upon check-in I also delivered welcome gift bags to the front desk to be handed out to all wedding block guests. Only a few were handed out to guests (we asked later who received one) and the rest were given out to hotel employees and perhaps the manager herself!
When we booked the block, we asked if there were any perks given to the future bride and groom, and the reply was NO. The hotel manager later stated, after the weekend, that they do offer a free room if you book 20 or more rooms. Over two days, Friday and Saturday, we booked over 30 rooms, and we did not receive anything. The manager actually denied that we booked that many rooms! I have a detailed guest list that I reviewed with the manager one week prior to our wedding.
The morning after our wedding, I spent 1-2 hours trying to help family figure out why they were mischarged, double charged, etc. After all the confusion, I got home two days later to find out that they double charged me!
After a discussion with Jennifer, who is nice and replies to the reviews on this site, she sent out a letter apologizing with a free one night stay…with restrictions – it has to be Sunday – Thursday, used within the next year, and is only accepted at their hotel. This “gift” for all the screw-ups is insulting. I would have sent it back, but this hotel is not even worth 44 cents to me!

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank Ezra_Rugby
Ilovecountry, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
I am sorry you feel this way about our property. I do regret that after our hotel giving a free night, our corporate giving a free night to any Country Inn and Suites and management offering compensation for your bags your party was not satisfy. I hope future stays in other hotels offer you what you are looking for.
To address the other issues you mentioned to clarify to our guests reading this.
• Yes there are non-smoking rooms located on the smoking floor, the inside of those rooms have no smoking smell present at all.
• When checking in around 11am the day of arrival when check-in is 3pm we do not have all rooms cleaned since check-out is only 12noon.
• Perks are absolutely given to a bride and groom when 20 rooms are booked using their block code, however you’re party mostly used the 2010 promotion by corporate called advanced purchase rate which is extremely lower of a price than what a wedding discount would generate.
• Rooms were not double charged but were merely misunderstood since certain people thought they booked advance purchase rate which is paid for at the time reservation is made, if room is booked normally charges will be deducted upon room check-out.

Again we apologize for your continued feelings against our hotel and wish you best of luck in the future.
pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. When I booked the room using the 1-800 number they said I could get an upgrade to a suite if there was one available. They staff at the front desk were vey friendly and helpful. They weren't sure how to do the upgrade ( I used my goldpoint and got a very good deal). They got right on the phone and within minutes they had it figured out and moved us to a suite.
The hotel is very clean, very quite, even though it is right next to the turnpike you would never know it.
The breakfast was wonderful, the women working in the breakfast room was very friendly!!!
I can not say enough about how great this hotel is!! We try to find a country inn and suites when we are traveling. And this place did not disappoint us!!!!

• Stayed November 2010
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Dear mareb66297,

First of all thank you for supporting all our Country Inn and Suites, its always nice to hear we are all doing something right and taking care of our guests. I am very glad we were able to accommodate your request, that is one thing about our staff here, if we don't know....we will find out for you! And I also must agree with you, people find it very curious how close we are to the turnpike...yet no sounds of disturbance comes from the close proximity road; we did everything we could to make sure our guests felt like they were in the comfort of their own home and I'm glad you noticed. We hope to host you real soon here at Lehighton Country Inn and Suites.

Best regards,
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

My two friends and I booked a suite. It was roomy and perfect for us. I tend to be the first one up. I was able to close the bedroom door, get my shower and sit in the living room without disturbing anyone. There was plenty of storage space and two closets.

The staff kept the coffee hot, and the cookie jar filled at all times, which we all enjoyed. There were plenty of things to choose for breakfast also. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

We were in the area for a show at Penns Peak and we also spent a lot of time in the charming little town of Jim Thorpe. There is a candle factory straight up the road from the hotel which we managed to hit also. We really enjoyed our stay and the fact that everything was within a few miles of the hotel. Yes, it is right off of the turnpike exit, but we did not hear the traffic (or noise from any other rooms) at all.

What a beautiful area. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Scarley,

We thank you oh so much for your wonderful comments and are so pleased that you enjoyed your spacious suite, our delightful amenities, our staff and our local area. Guests like you are whom keep our faces smiling. Thanks again for the kind words and we can not wait to have you as our guest again anytime.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites because it was close to Penns Peak (concert venue). Check-in was quick, staff were pleasant, and complimentary cookies were yummy! The common area was inviting and the hotel room was spotless thanks to housekeeping. Room was quiet even thought we were close to an Interstate entrance and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We will stay there again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and can not wait to make you our guests again.

With kindest regards,
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

We spent the weekend traveling in the Pocono Mtn. area and for our last night's stay chose the Country Inn & Suites in Lehighton. We booked two rooms and unfortunately one had to be a smoking room (room 303) and the other was nonsmoking (room 103), due to being full for the evening. Room 103 had beautiful furnishings and was excellent. The staff at the desk assured me the smoking room (303) should be okay, but they did ask if I had asthma, which I don't. We dropped our belongings off, opened the windows to air out the room, and headed to Penn's Peak for the evening. When we got back to the room at about 11:30, the room was no better for air quality. I turned down the bed to find a terribly stained bedspread (smoking rooms do not have comforters as the nonsmoking room 103 had) and also a dirty blanket. The sheets were pristine white. Anyway I headed to the front desk to pick up a couple of blankets, one for my husband on the bed and one for me to attempt to sleep by the window for fresh air. I had attempted to lie in the bed but the air burned my nose and throat. I tried the chair, but no better by the window. The only place you could get away from the saturated smoke was in the bathroom, so I spent the night in the beautiful new appearing tub/shower with the door closed. My only problem in there was the bathroom light kept turning on and off during the night. LOL Currently I am in the breakfast room and it looks like you have several choices for breakfast from hot food to muffins and bagels. I am going for the creamy oatmeal with a choice of three toppings to add to it. Yummmmm. You will enjoy your stay here, just don't choose room 303 unless you plan to add to the poor air quality. Also, the front porch has nice chairs, but they were occupied by smokers as we entered the hotel. ONce again, not the best air quality. The staff had mentioned an air purifier that could be taken to the room, but the young man at midnight told me it would take a couple of hours to work. He did supply me with a bottle of Febreeze when I asked for air deodorizer. The staff was quite helpful and very friendly. Also, the hotel is right next to the toll booth, but I never heard night noises from the bathtub.

Dear Guest,

October is a very busy month for us and I am sincerely sorry for only having 1 non-smoking and the other room you needed being smoking. Unfortunately we never know if the person whom stayed the night before your stay was a heavy smoker or not. You are correct that the smoking rooms have our 2004 comforters, while the non-smoking rooms were updated this July, we are in hopes that we will become a full non-smoking hotel. And also with the bathroom light, they are energy saving "green" lights which are on a sensor so unfortunately every time you moved the light would have come on. I did look at your reservation with the dirty blanket, again I fully apologize and want you to know that a dirty blanket is NOT our standard policy. I hope in the future you will join us again and book a little early so we can better accommodate your non-smoking preference.

My sincere apologies,
melbourne, fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, but I was absolutely annoyed by the rest of my experience. I was there for a wedding, and after being offered a "reduced block rate", I found a significantly lower price via the corporate website ($130 vs $97). The gym facilities were an absolute joke; they looked pretty, but every single machine was broken and unusable. I ended up running on the adjacent highway.

As a close relative of the bride (whose immediate family still lives in lives in town, but has many traveling relatives), I have first-hand knowledge of how the management refused to make us feel welcome. It's as if they didn't want us to come back, but because I have class (unlike them), I won't turn this review into a gripe-fest. Nevertheless, if the managers are reading this, congratulations... you got your wish and we won't return!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that your wedding stay with us was less than satisfactory. Our wedding packages are usually around 15% off regular rate, by booking through a 3rd party website or our summer promotion of advance purchase you would have found better rates, however those rates do come with such stipulations as 100% full payment upon booking, no cancellations or no refunds for any reason as well as advanced purchase must be booked almost 1 month before date of stay.

With the gym equipment not working I am sorry that you experienced that since we have no record that any of the gym equipment was not working on the dates and when receiving this comments we did check every machine throughout without finding fault.

Every weekend in October we had anywhere between 2-4 wedding parties stay with us again without any glitches....I am sorry that you and your family will not be returning to our hotel and just wish you all the best of luck with future hotel stays.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!