“Very very bad hospitality”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I needed help to charge my car and the owners wife was at the front desk and refused to help me she was screaming and yelling a total stranger a guest at the hotel used her car to recharge my battery I had a long cable I told her I only need a vehicle to charge the battery she ignored me didn't even come to the front desk was inside the other room when I ring the bell for attention my curse is on her and her family what an evil women !!! I was alone with 2 kids

• Stayed: February 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my 13yo and his best friend for a long weekend to Blue mountain. I chose Country Inn because of the free breakfast and pool. The boys LOVED the hotel. Breakfast is great, pool and hot tub excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff deserve a special shout out for being very friendly and helpful! The boys snowboarded all day then went to the hot tub and pool at night! They loved the cookie jar that sits on the front desk all day filled with cookies.
Honestly they make the hotel as welcoming as they can! Will ALWAYS stay there when we are in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mcmullin D
Jennifer L, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. It's so lovely to hear that the two boys enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We know you have a choice when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel.
Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you.
It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Hotel looks nice and is modern, free bfast was just ok. We stayed for just one night over President's weekend and I have been away many times before on holiday weekends to many different hotels and this hotel was by far was the noisiest hotel ever, doors slamming constantly, the room above us had kids jumping all night long above my head that we had to complain to the front desk and while I was in bed I could actually hear someone in the next room urinating in the bathroom and flushing the toliet! The walls must be paper thin, I don't really feel like hearing someone go to the bathroom, needless to say it was a terrible nights sleep. Next time I think that I will try a different hotel in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer L, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future. We hope you will choose our Hotel again. Your feedback helps to to improve our quality of service, thank you!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the choice of stay every December when I bring my family up to Jim Thorpe around Christmas time. It's a tradition now as my kids say. The last three years this place is going down hill. 3 yrs. problems with pool, you'd think the room to eat your breakfast in would be a larger ratio to accommodate the maximum capacity the place can hold. I have to wait to eat. We can't start the day because I can't get my food. I'm sorry but I need my breakfast. I think it's time for the Hampton inn down the road!

Stayed: December 2013
Jennifer L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry that you do not feel our hotel met your expectations. As a return guest you are aware that our breakfast room was quite smaller and we did expand to try to aleviate the congestion. And this years pool issue was totally out of our control and was closed for your safety. We had another guest get sick in it and it needed to be closed to take care of that. Again, I am sincerely sorry that you were inconvenienced.
We hope that you chose Country Inn again should your travels bring you back to Lehighton, PA

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is clean. The staff have been very friendly and accommodating each time I've stayed. The pool is clean. The breakfast has anything you could really need and its all included. The price is very reasonable. I've stayed on the first floor each time and the rooms were clean,no odors,good heat. Its very close to Jim Thorpe so if your planning on staying over, I highly recommend staying at this Country Inn and Suite. btw I want to thank the staff and commend your policy for lost and found. My wife had left a phone charger on a visit and they had it filed with a number of who stayed in the room and when and retrieved the charger within minutes.

Room Tip: Try for the first floor. Third floor is smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

We appreciate the comments, especially with regards to your opinion of our staff and breakfast. Your voice is so important to us and we hope you'll return so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a five star experience.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times, including two nights ago. It is incredibly convenient - located exactly at the Turnpike Exit. I have always requested a non-smoking room and have always been assigned one. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable - basic, but certainly more than adequate. There's a refrigerator in each room - even the standard rooms - great for keeping car-ride snacks cold overnight. Indoor pool looks inviting - I have not had the pleasure just yet. Coffee/Tea, fresh fruit, and candy are available in the lobby 24/7. The included Breakfast is buffet-style - pastries, bagels, cold cereal, hot cereal, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, juices - enough to call it an actual breakfast! The staff has always been friendly and helpful. As a "home-base" for a family vacation, It's close enough to Jim Thorpe, to beautiful Beltzville State Park, to the nearby drive-in movie theaters, and so much more. It's not a luxury resort with acres of property and golf and beaches, etc., etc...but that's not important. It has everything I need, in great condition, in a comfortable setting - It's the only place I stay when I'm in the area. If you're on the fence, for whatever reason, it's worth giving it a try.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations and want to thank you very much for your comments about our staff and area. I hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Found this hotel online when B&Bs in Jim Thorpe were sold out one weekend and I think it was a great choice. It was clean, convenient, had good food, the room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The staff were also great.
Only thing we didn't like was that the room had once been a smoking room and you could smell that still just a little and very clearly on the hall, which contained both smoking and non-smoking rooms.
If they were all non-smoking, we would've given this a 5* rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking floor, if possible. All the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your feedback on your recent experience, especially with regards to our staff and room. Your voice is very valuable to us and we hope you will return to experience the improvements that we are continuously making.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bethlehem Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA? Share your experiences!