Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA
$119
Mahoning Inn(Lehighton)(Great Value!)
$80
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
$55
$161
$99
$89
  • Pool
Split Rock Resort(Lake Harmony)
$129
  • Pool
All reviewsjim thorpeu turnpa turnpikeyogurtpenn's peakroom was cleanhot itemsfree breakfastnice indoor poolwould stay againvery nice staybathroom sinkski tripthe staff was friendly and helpfulcheck in was easyenjoyed our staysitting area
Reviewed April 30, 2013

There are very few hotels in this area. This is one of two within a 3 mile area. We checked in at 12:30 in the morning. Person at front desk was nice and we were in our room within a few minutes. This hotel does have a lot of choices when it comes to types of rooms. We got a room with a livingroom type area and a king size bed. Mattress was older, but comfy. However, lots of hair in the bathroom. First floor was pet friendly for those who need that. Hotel does have smoking rooms. We were on the second floor, which was good, did not smell of smoke. Third floor was bad with smoke. Breakfast is included and had a good variety. Sausage gravy, eggs, sausage patties, two waffles makers, cereal, oatmeal with the fixings, breads, bisquits, pastries, fruit. Coffee was really good and four types of juice to choose from. People at front desk seemed a bit miserable. Sometimes they even disappeared. My friends who checked in after 2 pm had to wait about 10 minutes until someone finally came to the desk. Overall it was an ok hotel to stay at. Price was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you faced such an unusual situation. We continue to strive to improve our service and accommodations so that we may provide the highest level of guest satisfaction. For that reason, we are so sorry that we missed the mark during your recent stay. This feedback has been forwarded to management and we can only ask that you consider us again so that you can see the continuous improvements we make.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here while visiting some friends. Simply put, the accommodations were very homey. When you walk inside the front door, it would appear you have come home to mom's house. The room was nice and quiet. The jacuzzi was okay for one person, or two midgets, but definitely not for two decidedly NON midgets.

What was the real goody was the breakfast. It was fresh, hot, and bountiful. i know the next time I am there in lehighton, I will definitely be staying here

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and appreciate what you have shared regarding our breakfast and room. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We wanted to take a quick overnight trip to Jim Thorpe with our daughters ages 7 and 12. I did some research and found this hotel online. It has a great indoor pool - deepest is 5 feet and large hot tub. The pool is open from 6am until 11pm for kids and 12 midnight for adults- that's a big plus for us.

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive into Jim Thorpe. Our double non smoking room was very clean and quiet. Free internet worked great too. The shower had good water pressure and lots of hot water - basic shampoo, soap and conditioner were provided. We had a flat screen tv, microwave and mini fridge in our basic / standard double room. Also a coffee pot with assorted coffees and teas in the room. Good lighting, great big mirrors, extra outlets, individual temperature control worked great.

The breakfast was included in the price and was really very good. They offered coffee and juices, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, a variety of cereal, bread, bagels, wonderful yogurt with blueberries and granola, oatmeal with chocolate chips, raisins and brown sugar, make your own waffle machines, fresh fruit salad which I really liked and to our daughter's delight mini individually wrapped cupcakes.

There is a small exercise room adjacent to the indoor pool. There is also a little computer station and printer in the breakfast area.

They offer chocolate chip cookies, apples and coffee throughout the day.

The staff was very friendly.

Country Inn and Suites is very easy to access because it is literally right off the turnpike - which was not a problem for us - we didn't hear any vehicles in our 1st floor room which backed to the highway.

I am surprised by any negative reviews but I suppose different people have had different experiences here. Our experience was truly excellent. Cannot fault this hotel in any way. It's very simple but comfortable and clean and affordable - the indoor pool and hot tub are so much fun.

Thank you Country Inn & Suites - great job!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us. We value your business and thank you for the insight regarding our staff and outlets. Your voice is so important to us and we hope you'll return so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a five star experience.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I needed a handicap accessible room with a roll-in shower for my in-laws who were coming to visit from out of state. I booked the room a full 2 months in advance with the front desk, not with the reservation hotline, because I wanted to avoid any mistakes. Since we live close by the hotel, we stopped in to check on the reservation the day before arrival to make sure all was well. It wasn't. Staff insisted there was no notation on the booking to indicate that a roll-in shower was necessary. Mistake number one, and a BIG one. Besides that, the roll-in shower apparently had experienced some sort of problem and was half-torn out for repair. Due to the booking error, no one called us to advise that the room wasn't available. The manager was quite rude, raised her voice to me, and in a very nonprofessional tone asked, What would I like her to do about it? It wasn't like they were trying to screw us, you know! They win awards for their service! Those were her exact words. It was a full 5 minutes before the words "I apologize" came out of her mouth. NEVER will I recommend them to anyone after this inexcusable mess. My in-laws had to cancel their trip since they had no accessible place to stay. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank chinacat87
Jennifer L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

I am sorry for the mix up with your room that was to have the roll in shower. Unfortunately, from time to time things break and we were unable to get it repaired in time. As I assured you I have spoken to the girl who made your reservation and also the entire staff and have changed our policy on booking that room. They will from now on make the notation that roll is shower is necessary.
I am sorry that they opted to cancel their trip versus take me up on the offer of a different room type free of charge.
Hope all went well with your daughters first holy communion and that you enjoyed the moment.

RLesher, GM

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, until you ask them something. Then they just roll their eyes and tell you "I don't know".
The worst Internet connection, dial up would be a step up. It works on some rooms and not at all in others. Don't bother asking about this, your reply will be "I can't do anything about it"
The rooms desperately need updated.
The hallway and elevator smell like smoke.
They rent the pool out for pool parties and allow the kids to track water through the lobby, so try not to fall.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank phoneguy070
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are very sorry for the experience that you have had but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to improve our standards and service.