Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“KUMBAYJA”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great Place to stay, clean neat large rooms and giant bathrooms. We all sat in the bathroom and sang kumbayja before bed...pool fantastic after the 333 kids from the pool party left...sweet. It over exceeded our expectations.

Just off PA Turnpike Exit 74, close to Jim Thorpe, Poconos, Allentown....

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HappySuz123
Jennifer L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay. If you travels bring you or your friends to our area again, we hope you stay with us. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stopped here as a half way point on my business trip (more like a 3/4 point). I stopped here for a rest and that is just what I got. The hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful when I asked about local places to eat. My only complaint is getting into the parking lot... not very user friendly; you have to go down the road a bit and either make an illegal U-Turn, or you have to travel some back roads to go around behind the hotel and come out on the other side. If there is an easier way, my GPS nor I could find it.

Overall an excellent stay and I would absolutely recommend if you need to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet, but more distance from the pool. Take your pick...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my family in June for one night. The room was neat & comfortable. We went to bed around 11 pm. Soon we started hearing very loud banging noises. Someone was constantly dropping stuff on the floor & screaming. We waited for a while for the noise to stop, but it didn't. I called the front desk & complained about the noise. The guy there said he would look into it. But, the noise did not stop & got worse. Someone was banging the wall & it started getting a little scary for my kids. I didn't want to open my door & see what was happening. We assumed that it was a drunken group. I waited for an hour & requested the front desk to check on the noise again. Once again, no use. Now, my entire family was up & sitting scared... After 30 minutes, my husband called the front desk & said he was going to call the cops if they don't stop the noise. Guess what!! The noise stopped 5 min after this! By the time we slept, it was past 2 am.
In the morning, we stopped at the front desk to find out about the noise. The lady staff there was so arrogant & non- apologetic about the entire incident. We checked-out, but I left a message with the manager stating that there was a very critical issue to talk about & asked her to call me back. I got no calls for a week.
So, I called her again after a week & said that if I don't hear from her by the end of the day, I would take it to the next level. She called me that afternoon. I explained to her everything. She is the WORST & MOST ARROGANT woman I have ever spoken to. To begin with, she did not care about not returning my call. She said it was a marriage party that the shuttle was dropping at night who made the noise. She said that no body else complained about the noise, so she was not ready to believe me!!! She kept repeating this!! She did not feel a bit sorry when I said my family lost sleep, were terrified about the noise etc. I said I spent $130 per night to get a comfortable night, but this turned out to be a road-side motel. Her only response to this was : Well, no other guests complained...
This hotel has large wedding groups & other partying groups all the time & anybody staying here can expect a noisy sleepless night with staff who care the least.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhuvana M
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am sorry that you feel this issue was not resolved and handled to your liking that you needed to express your disapproval is such a manor.

This property takes great pride in guest satisfaction. The noise went on for half hour max. This hotel was sold out that particular day in questions with 2 or 3 wedding groups and an anniversary party. One of the groups had vans shuttling people back and forth. As the vans dropped the guests off there was noise until everyone said their goodbyes and dispersed back to their individual rooms. I previously tried to explain that I had some personal issues that had taken me away from hotel and that is why the call was not returned promptly.

The noise was and is not the normal at this property but when the majority of the hotel is booked by wedding groups it is difficult not to experience some noise. It is also difficult for the hotel to be able to segregate the wedding guests from non-wedding guests. We do try our best to accommodate everyone.
New Castle, PA
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here while visiting Jim Thorpe and surrounding area recently. Not too far commute to there. Nice room. Pool was small, but nice. Breakfast was of very good quality and selection. Worth the money.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed there for two nights while visiting Jim Thorpe area and outdoor activities. This hotel is in the most convenient location for all activities. Very friendly and courteous staff, they made our stay very pleasent. This is a nice hotel. We went as a group of families, all had similar pleasent stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Friendly staff... Nice amenities... Flexible and accommodating... Close to attractions.. relaxing.... We liked it all...

• Stayed June 2012
Lansdale, PA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

stayed here while visiting Jim Thorpe for the first time. We typically like the Country Inn chain and this was no exception. Confortable clean jacuzzi Suite.

Convenient to Jim Thorpe and other outdoor activities in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!