“Midway stop for travel on my business trip”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stopped here as a half way point on my business trip (more like a 3/4 point). I stopped here for a rest and that is just what I got. The hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly and helpful when I asked about local places to eat. My only complaint is getting into the parking lot... not very user friendly; you have to go down the road a bit and either make an illegal U-Turn, or you have to travel some back roads to go around behind the hotel and come out on the other side. If there is an easier way, my GPS nor I could find it.

Overall an excellent stay and I would absolutely recommend if you need to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet, but more distance from the pool. Take your pick...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my family in June for one night. The room was neat & comfortable. We went to bed around 11 pm. Soon we started hearing very loud banging noises. Someone was constantly dropping stuff on the floor & screaming. We waited for a while for the noise to stop, but it didn't. I called the front desk & complained about the noise. The guy there said he would look into it. But, the noise did not stop & got worse. Someone was banging the wall & it started getting a little scary for my kids. I didn't want to open my door & see what was happening. We assumed that it was a drunken group. I waited for an hour & requested the front desk to check on the noise again. Once again, no use. Now, my entire family was up & sitting scared... After 30 minutes, my husband called the front desk & said he was going to call the cops if they don't stop the noise. Guess what!! The noise stopped 5 min after this! By the time we slept, it was past 2 am.
In the morning, we stopped at the front desk to find out about the noise. The lady staff there was so arrogant & non- apologetic about the entire incident. We checked-out, but I left a message with the manager stating that there was a very critical issue to talk about & asked her to call me back. I got no calls for a week.
So, I called her again after a week & said that if I don't hear from her by the end of the day, I would take it to the next level. She called me that afternoon. I explained to her everything. She is the WORST & MOST ARROGANT woman I have ever spoken to. To begin with, she did not care about not returning my call. She said it was a marriage party that the shuttle was dropping at night who made the noise. She said that no body else complained about the noise, so she was not ready to believe me!!! She kept repeating this!! She did not feel a bit sorry when I said my family lost sleep, were terrified about the noise etc. I said I spent $130 per night to get a comfortable night, but this turned out to be a road-side motel. Her only response to this was : Well, no other guests complained...
This hotel has large wedding groups & other partying groups all the time & anybody staying here can expect a noisy sleepless night with staff who care the least.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bhuvana M
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I am sorry that you feel this issue was not resolved and handled to your liking that you needed to express your disapproval is such a manor.

This property takes great pride in guest satisfaction. The noise went on for half hour max. This hotel was sold out that particular day in questions with 2 or 3 wedding groups and an anniversary party. One of the groups had vans shuttling people back and forth. As the vans dropped the guests off there was noise until everyone said their goodbyes and dispersed back to their individual rooms. I previously tried to explain that I had some personal issues that had taken me away from hotel and that is why the call was not returned promptly.

The noise was and is not the normal at this property but when the majority of the hotel is booked by wedding groups it is difficult not to experience some noise. It is also difficult for the hotel to be able to segregate the wedding guests from non-wedding guests. We do try our best to accommodate everyone.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here while visiting Jim Thorpe and surrounding area recently. Not too far commute to there. Nice room. Pool was small, but nice. Breakfast was of very good quality and selection. Worth the money.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed there for two nights while visiting Jim Thorpe area and outdoor activities. This hotel is in the most convenient location for all activities. Very friendly and courteous staff, they made our stay very pleasent. This is a nice hotel. We went as a group of families, all had similar pleasent stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Friendly staff... Nice amenities... Flexible and accommodating... Close to attractions.. relaxing.... We liked it all...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 4, 2012

stayed here while visiting Jim Thorpe for the first time. We typically like the Country Inn chain and this was no exception. Confortable clean jacuzzi Suite.

Convenient to Jim Thorpe and other outdoor activities in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here one night as a stop and sleep enroute to our destination. The staff was very friendly and I was very appreciative that the hotel was not crowded and the person at the front desk recognized we were club members and gave us a free upgrade. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast the next morning was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Pocono Resort Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!