Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Oyster Bay
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here one night as a stop and sleep enroute to our destination. The staff was very friendly and I was very appreciative that the hotel was not crowded and the person at the front desk recognized we were club members and gave us a free upgrade. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast the next morning was very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here 4 times last year and have a great trip everytime. All the comforts of home, friendly staff, comfortable beds and homie furnishings. Great value and close distance to many attractions like snow sports, shopping, and downtown historic jim thorpe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is by far one of the worst and most disgusting hotels that I have ever stayed in. We booked this hotel because of its proximity to Blue Mountain and because of the positive reviews, which I cannot begin to understand.

Our stay started with being greeted with a horrible musty smell as soon as the door to the room was opened. Even the teenage boys asked what the smell was. There were beer caps in the bathroom and candy wrappers under the beds.

The "40 inch flat screens" that are advertised were not in our room. We had two TV's that looked like they were from 1980 along with the torn and stained furniture in the room. The carpet was worn down to the tred, there were cobwebs in the corners and MOLD in the bathroom!!!!

When I asked about other available rooms, I was told that there were not any. When I asked about the TV's and furniture, I was told that they are in the process of remodeling, and we got a room that was not done yet, but we paid the same rate as ones that were!

I had the displeasure of sleeping on the "queen" sleep sofa. It was like sleeping on a bed of nails. The mattress was about three inches thick with nothing but springs. I went to the front desk to ask for something to put on top of the sofa bed because it was horrible, the girl behind the desk says, "Yes, they are pretty bad"!!! Wow.

Beyond the disgusting dirt and shape of the room, it was right above the pool, so we got to listen to the noise of the pool until midnight each night. Along with the noise came the hot humid air from the pool. We had to open the windows and put the thermostat on 62 degrees to make the room remotely bearable.

Then the noise. Terrible, terrible noise of the highway, which is right out the back window. Plus the noise of kids using the hotel as a playground (I complained TWICE about the running and jumping and slamming of doors and cannon balls into the pool and hot tub). Then there was the noise of older adults using the Presidential Suite as a partyground. They literally had a party until 4:30 a.m.!!!! YES, I did call the front desk and complain, but the party was allowed to continue until it finally died out.

I would never ever stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone I know. The management at this site should be ashamed of themselves.

I did take pictures of the filth in the room and have posted them. I do hope that they don't get taken down, as others have the right to see what they are in for.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool are horrible!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Spring2411
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

The place seems nice but unfortunately to my surprise it had bedbugs! They did make up for it with another room and a great discount but I would never go there again..

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank sobeidacs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very friendly staff. Great breakfast included with room. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
Lambertville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights (9/30/11-10/2/11) and we greatly enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff person, at check-in was very friendly and made us feel welcome to the hotel and to the area. The room, lobby, dining room and other areas of the hotel were all very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable-one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. We loved the size of the indoor pool and it was very quiet when we used the pool. The only downer was that the hotel is located on the turnpike interchange, but the outside traffic noise was tolerable. The breakfast was good and the staff in the dining room kept everything clean, stocked and presentable. Overall the staff help make a hotel stay a positive or negative experience and everyone was really nice and went out of their way here. If you are in the area and have the time, travel through Jim Thorpe and visit Lehigh Gorge State Park. It is a beautiful place to take a scenic bike ride (easy, flat crushed stone trail) or take a relaxing walk. The park is a hidden gem with beautiful views all around you. I guarantee it is worth the fifteen minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a spa suite and ask for a room that doesnt face the parking lot (some traffic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Brian,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us unfortunately our location both helps and harms us...its a great location for people to get area our area and be located right off the turnpike but it does cause some sounds that we try to keep very minimal. You are absolutely correct Lehigh Gorge State Park is an absolute treasure to our area, we hope you return to our beautiful area as well as our hotel.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife & I stayed here 1 night on 9-24-11 for an event at Penn's Peak. We had already booked the stay at the Country Inn before the negative reviews appeared on here. We even did a pre-checkin inspection to make sure the hallways didn't smell. I stay at many different hotels while on business and this one was much nicer then many other places I have stayed before. I went in the pool & hot tub by myself after check-in and had the place to myself (which I enjoyed). Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again if we make the trip up from Pittsburgh again. Jim Thorpe is a beautiful town to check out and my wife wants to return next summer to shop in town. The only negative thing I can say about the whole stay is that the girls at the front desk could be a little friendlier...they kind of had that 'I hate my job attitude' going on and our mattress on the bed needs replaced bad. I did not report this to the front desk, though I probably should have.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front parking lot just across from the laundry room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Slinger07,

We appreciate your comments and appreciate that you can overlook a guest whom was not satisfie negative comments, which will happen at all hotels. We do strive to keep our location a tranquil one and are glad you enjoyed it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!