Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The place seems nice but unfortunately to my surprise it had bedbugs! They did make up for it with another room and a great discount but I would never go there again..

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank sobeidacs
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very friendly staff. Great breakfast included with room. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights (9/30/11-10/2/11) and we greatly enjoyed our stay. The front desk staff person, at check-in was very friendly and made us feel welcome to the hotel and to the area. The room, lobby, dining room and other areas of the hotel were all very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable-one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept in. We loved the size of the indoor pool and it was very quiet when we used the pool. The only downer was that the hotel is located on the turnpike interchange, but the outside traffic noise was tolerable. The breakfast was good and the staff in the dining room kept everything clean, stocked and presentable. Overall the staff help make a hotel stay a positive or negative experience and everyone was really nice and went out of their way here. If you are in the area and have the time, travel through Jim Thorpe and visit Lehigh Gorge State Park. It is a beautiful place to take a scenic bike ride (easy, flat crushed stone trail) or take a relaxing walk. The park is a hidden gem with beautiful views all around you. I guarantee it is worth the fifteen minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a spa suite and ask for a room that doesnt face the parking lot (some traffic...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Brian,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us unfortunately our location both helps and harms us...its a great location for people to get area our area and be located right off the turnpike but it does cause some sounds that we try to keep very minimal. You are absolutely correct Lehigh Gorge State Park is an absolute treasure to our area, we hope you return to our beautiful area as well as our hotel.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

My wife & I stayed here 1 night on 9-24-11 for an event at Penn's Peak. We had already booked the stay at the Country Inn before the negative reviews appeared on here. We even did a pre-checkin inspection to make sure the hallways didn't smell. I stay at many different hotels while on business and this one was much nicer then many other places I have stayed before. I went in the pool & hot tub by myself after check-in and had the place to myself (which I enjoyed). Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again if we make the trip up from Pittsburgh again. Jim Thorpe is a beautiful town to check out and my wife wants to return next summer to shop in town. The only negative thing I can say about the whole stay is that the girls at the front desk could be a little friendlier...they kind of had that 'I hate my job attitude' going on and our mattress on the bed needs replaced bad. I did not report this to the front desk, though I probably should have.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front parking lot just across from the laundry room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Slinger07,

We appreciate your comments and appreciate that you can overlook a guest whom was not satisfie negative comments, which will happen at all hotels. We do strive to keep our location a tranquil one and are glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We chose this hotel rather than those in Jim Thorpe, our destination, because of the pool and free breakfasts. The pool was okay, although overly warm. The rooms were average and smelled very musty. The breakfasts were below average. There was a overpoweringly fragrant candle burning in the reception area, possibly to hide the odor of the dog who was behind the counter. (Strange that that dog was there and at least one other was in the hotel, given the "No Pets" sign in the lobby!)

On our last day, my husband and child went to breakfast while I showered. When I stepped out of the shower, I found a second one: water was pouring into the bathroom from the heating vent in the ceiling. I called the front desk to let them know and started sopping up the water with the bath towels. Despite waiting quite a while and calling the front desk again, no one from housekeeping came to replenish the towels or help mop up the water. I finally got some help when I stuck my head out into the hall and flagged down a housekeeper.

When we checked out I asked who I should contact regarding damaged clothing. The woman I spoke to became very snippy -- How could there have been anything damaged when the water was in the bathroom? I explained that my clothes were on the hook of the door, directly below where the water was flowing out, and that everything got wet and some underwear became stained and I didn't know if the stains would come out. A very snippy "Just take them to the dry cleaners and send me the bill" was the response.

Instead of saying that they were sorry that this happened or consoling me in any way, the woman (I'm assuming she was the manager, but she didn't give me her name or title) acted as if we were to blame for the leak. No one expressed any concern about our well-being or comfort nor did anyone, other than the housekeeper I had snagged out in the hall, try to do anything to help us.

Not a happy experience. We won't be going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank redrosewhiterose
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My daughter and I checked in on August 26th and were to check out on the 28th until we received an email from the City Manager of the town we live in that due to HURRICANE IRENE HE CALLED FOR MANDATORY EVACUATION therefore we needed to go home to pack up our belongings and prepare our house and get out of harms way a day earlier than our check out date. The cold hearted manager would not refund me my money because we booked as a special. I have stayed here since they opened and will never return again nor will any friends or family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindyg432
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

We are sorry you feel that way, unfortunately the summer promotion does not enable the hotel to refund any money since it is a prepaid rate...after looking into your comment further we did see where your case was specifically addressed and our hotel did offer a gift certificate for return stay since you are a repeat customer, we apologize that you declined this offer and we wish you only the best of luck in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I went on an impromptu drive in the poconos and found this Country Inn on our way. From the outside it looked very nice and for the outrageiously high price we thought we had found the perfect place expecially since we didnt have a reservation and we had taken the last room. The clerks were very knowledgeable/helpful about the area. Once we were in the hallway we were staying in we began being VERY disappointed. The hallway smelled like urine TERRIBLY. The clerk at the desk said we were purchasing a queen suite when actually we were staying in a 2 double. The bathroom had hair in the tub and on the floor. We had a long day so we decided to go to the pool. The chlorine fumes were so strong my husband had an asthma attack and my eyes started to water and turn red and we had to leave the pool area before we had even gottn wet. They only have one ice machine which is on the lobby floor and we had to wait in line to fill our bucket. The breakfast they offered was the same old same old but the area was clean....some of the dishes and coffee cups were dirty/stained but the area was clean and the front porch is very cute.
All and all we dont feel we got our monies worth and we feel ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank curlyQ823
Ilovecountry, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

I am so sorry for your disappointment with your stay. I have looked at all past records and not one of the comments that you mentioned were alerted to any one of the front desk staff or a member of management so if you would please call us we would love to try to correct these errors but again I am not sure why you didn't mention not one of these issues to anyone one on-site so that we could have tried to satisfy you and make your stay more enjoyable. I am once regret that your stay with us was not up to your standards, something we strive very hard to do!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Pocono Resort Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe? Share your experiences!