“Super comfy rooms and great amenities”

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Philadelphia, United States
“Super comfy rooms and great amenities”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Plush comforters and pillows offered a great night's sleep. Breakfast is included and offers hot and cold options, including waffles, omelets and oatmeal, plus fresh fruit. The pool and fitness center made me feel virtuous, and the whirlpool was very satisfying. The pool overlooks the hills of the Jim Thorpe area, which are quite beautiful with the Fall Foliage. It's about 20 minutes outside Jim Thorpe, and very friendly to children. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel and the beautiful town of Jim Thorpe. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A three-night sojourn at this Hampton left me impressed by its cleanliness. The spotless room featured a goodly selection of amenities: microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, a lap desk, quad outlet at the non-lap desk and a nice swivel chair, comfy armchair with ottoman, real HDTV.

The bathroom was pleasing. Nice adjustable shower head, extra large table-style sink. One unusual feature here: no toilet paper holder. The roll sat on the lower open shelf. I liked the flexibility this arrangement provides. Not only does this negate the possibility of facing the crushing disappointment of dealing with a roll facing the wrong way--under--but it also avoids forcing users into yoga positions reaching the roll the way some hotels do.

Like most Hampton Inns, this location has no restaurant. The complimentary breakfast provided a lot of choices: make-your-own waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and a rotation of different eggs and meats. You won't find a bar here, either, of course. No worries, Trainer's Inn is a short walk across adjoining parking lots. There are no other options in safe walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback from your stay. I apologize again about our tissue holders and want you to know they are all installed. :) Our housekeeping staff has been recognized for their dedication to keeping our hotel spotless. We will see you again very soon.
long island, ny
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I have strict requirements for the hotels we stay at. They need to be nonsmoking, have an indoor pool and hot tub, have a breakfast setup that includes hot food, but most importantly, the staff has to be wonderful. The Hampton Inn Lehighton meets all the criteria, thus we stay here at least once a year. Our visit this year I was both surprised and disappointed. The hotel has been renovated from top to bottom, rugs, beds, linens, paint, wallpaper, and the breakfast/lobby areas. Now for the disappointments. The first room we were assigned to (202) was not complete with the renovations. Thus we did not have a bathroom vanity to place our toiletries on, but more importantly there wasn't a toilet paper holder and the sink was too far away to place the toilet paper on,,so onto the floor it went. The front desk was wonderful and gave us a choice of rooms to switch into. We decided on room 212. Beautiful room with a toilet paper holder and vanity. But, the bed was like sleeping on a raft. I guess the old bed hadn't been switched out. Ok, not a good night sleep, so I will take a hot shower. Well, forget about hot, it was lukewarm and the water pressure kept going from low to medium. I figured everyone must be showering. The BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT is the newly renovated lobby/breakfast area. Who decided to block the wonderful, beautiful fireplace with that monstrosity of a bar table! The dining tables are so close together it looks like a high school cafeteria. This area has lost the charm that many of us are looking for when we stay with you. I know some of my concerns are "kinks" from the renovation. I most likely will give this hotel another try because of the wonderful staff and the way they treat their guests like family. I hope upper management rethinks the way the lobby/kitchen area is designed and asks their staff what they think the customers would prefer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting review and being a repeat customer of our hotel. I apologize for the impression you had. Our renovations are almost done and a few rooms still need and will have the larger vanities installed. Everything else is complete including the toilet paper holders and changing out of all our mattresses. We understand just how much our guests love our fireplace and we are in the process of taking care of the design. My staff and I appreciate your comments and the next time you are planning a trip to the area please give me call.
West Milford, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel is being updated and is in the middle of renovations; staff is friendly and fairly helpful. Enterance into the parking lot is in a blind bend but is easily seen at traveing at posted speed. Exiting the parking lot is a little more tricky.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our entrance can be a little tricky. Rock street which runs along side of our hotel is the easiest way to enter our hotel from the turnpike. We are pricing signage that will help the visibility of our entrance. We hope to see you again very soon!
Bensalem
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Hilton rewards member I always expect a pleasant stay, however this Hampton Inn was incredible!!! The staff was super friendly, the hotel spotless clean and the including breakfast delicious and hot. So glad all the Bed and Breakfast were booked in Jim Thorpe. I can`t imagine they could even come close to my stay at The Hampton Inn. Will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 315 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your outstanding comments from your stay! My staff and I look foward to seeing you again very soon!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were scheduled for a visit on a Saturday and called to see if there were a possibility of an early check-in. Shawnie, the person at the front desk, took my name and number and said she would call if anything opened up. Very nice protocol but I was shocked when she called me back to tell me that she had a room ready for us to arrive early. She was so polite and her customer service was above and beyond anything I expected or could have hoped for.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review and personally acknowledge one of our staff. I am so pleased Shawnie was able to exceed your expectations and deliver excellent customer service. She is a wonderful asset to our hotel and has been recognized for her efforts. We will see you again very soon.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was really gratifying to see the note that we got clean linens and duvet covers. I've often wondered how many people had used some linens before we did. This was the best part of the visit. The rug looked like it could have used a bit of cleaning, other than that, the room was fine. The breakfast was plentiful, the young lady working there was very pleasant and kept it well stocked. The front desk staff was helpful. The area around the hotel has some really pretty scenery.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite roomy. We stayed in a king room and grandson slept on the sleep sofa. Even with the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. I have passed along your kudos to our housekeeping staff and breakfast attendants. We hope to see you again very soon on your next trip back to the Poconos!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony

Been to Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)? Share your experiences!