“Wonderful Stay”

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Northfield, New Jersey, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Came to snowboard at Blue Mountain with my daugher weekend of 3-8-13. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, bathroom very clean, breakfast was good. Hotel was close to everything, also enjoyed the bar right next to the hotel, good food and drinks. We used the pool and hot tub, which was welcome sight after boarding. We found all staff to be very nice, would definitely stay here again. The only complaint was the water pressure in shower. Other than that, perfect stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for your generous comments from your stay with us. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay. I have passed along your feedback to our management and staff. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Poconos!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here with my little guys for a ski trip at Blue mountatin. Wish the hotel was closer to the mountain, but that's not their fault. Hotel is still under slight construction, I didn't experience any issues with it. Little guys are up early and wanted to go swimming before skiing. Pool doesn't open until 9:00, someone let me in slightly before then which was good. Breakfast is very good. Not sure if our room was updated, but TV was from 1985. All in all it did the job

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your time and input and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the Poconos!
Andreas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and the room was very nice. They are doing some construction however, and were still doing it late at night so it was a little loud. I wouldn't let that stop me from coming, its probably almost done. They seemed to be having a lot of trouble with our key cards not working after the first swipe, but its quite possible that was due to the construction. Everyone that I talked to at the front desk was friendly and helpful. My only real complaint was that the hot tub was way too hot. I soak a lot due to my heath issues and I have never before been in a hot tub that I couldn't stay in for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. As you stated, we are undergoing renovations and they will be completed around the 1st of May. However we will take your comments under consideration as we work with our staff to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit on your next trip to the Poconos!
Galloway, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is under construction but disruption for guests is kept at a minimum! Hotel remodeling looks wonderful. The rooms look to be equally fabulous. Hopefully hot water issue in shower can be fixed. Water went from hot to cold to hot several times. It was tough for kids to take showers.

Everything else was very satisfactory!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your generous comments from your stay with us. My Staff and I are very excited for all of our guests to see our new hotel. We will see you again on your next trip to the Poconos!
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We planned to hit the slopes early the morning after the big storm. To avoid traveling on bad roads, we snagged a room here. It was completely no frills, but met our needs. Plus we were able to book on Hilton points so it was free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although close to Blue Mountain the hotel was definitely lacking. The elevator noise was awful! It kept us up every night - so much so that it actually shook the walls in our room. The pillows were uncomfortable - I had even asked for something other than down pillows but that didn't even help. We reserved a king bed with study and instead were given a smaller room. It was cramped to say the least. The breakfast is ok. The hairdryer cut out as soon as it got a bit warm. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. In addition, we would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences as well. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience and we hope you will come visit us in the future.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First, this hotel is going through renovations which did not affect my opinion of the property. I hope once the renovations are done they can focus on cleanliness going forward. The check-in process was fast and friendly. I reserved 2 rooms and neither had been renovated. One of the closet doors was broken and would not stay closed. There were holes and tears in the loveseat. The heaters were wildly noisy. The bathrooms were in good shape but the rooms were very dated--red carpets, 10+ year old televisions, etc. My biggest issue was with the pool area. The filter didn't run during our 2 night stay. The water was very cloudy and there were many clumps of hair at the bottom, and a thick film on the top. Unfortunately the pool was full the first night so we did not notice how dirty the water was but it did feel 'a bit off' like it was slimy. When we went down the second night and it was empty, we were shocked how dirty it was. We immediately went back to our rooms without swimming. The one bright spot in our stay there was the free breakfast. Although some of the other guests acted like wild animals that had never eaten a warm meal before, and some insisted on repeatedly blowing their noses while others tried to eat, it was not the fault of the hotel. The food was good although the selection was limited. When I checked out I chose to go down to the desk rather than leave the key cards in the rooms. I wanted to let the clerk know what I experienced. Instead, without making eye contact, the clerk asked if I was checking out. I said yes, she grabbed my keys and continued working on her computer. I stood there for a few seconds and walked away. I can only explain my experience at this Hampton Inn as "lacking class and cleanliness". When I returned home someone said, "Well what do you expect, it's in the mountains?" but that doesn't cut it for me. Hampton Inn needs to do a better job at upholding the standards set by their other locations and competitors. I will not be back.

Room Tip: PJ Whelihans is a great place to grab a meal and is less than a mile away. Their drink specials are...