“Undergoing renovation - stay away until it's complete!”

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Reviewed February 20, 2013

They had a construction crew working through the night. It was loud and sleep was impossible with the thin walls. The lobby looked like a war zone, and the pool area was too small to accommodate enough chairs for parents sitting and watching their kids. The manager did refund our money b/c of the construction, which was nice. But we were there to ski and I was really tired on the slopes from being kept up all night. I wouldn't go back to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and again we apologize for the inconveniences our renovations are causing. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel once they are completed, we would love another chance at providing a great stay for you in the future

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I cannot say I have any gripes about this hotel. We recently stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn in Lehighton for a family get away. The hotel is clean and the room was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying especially for the kids as they had a waffle maker and my kids love waffles. We did go down to beat any crowd which never seemed to be a problem anyway. The pool area was nice. The kids enjoyed themselves and though the hotel seemed full the pool was never overcroweded. The hotel is located not far from the PA Turnpike which made it easy to find. The hotel is undergoing rennovations in the lobby area but that did not affect our stay. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Lehighton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for posting a review about your stay with us. We are delighted your children enjoyed the pool and our delicious waffles! We hope to see you again very soon on your next trip to the Poconos!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would gladly stay here again. I stayed here for two nights while visiting nearby Blue Mountain. It was clean, well priced and easy to locate with GPS.

We ate the complimentary breakfast each morning, which was standard but well presented and always fresh. Any staff members I spoke to were very cheerful and friendly. Once the light renovations in the lobby area are complete this hotel should be great.

The room and linens were clean and fresh. The one thing I will say is hopefully better quality TVs are on the way as part of the renovation. I only stopped by the gym when looking for one of our group members, but that may need some freshening up as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that even under renovations our staff continues to exceed our guests expectations and maintains the highest level of cleanliness. Our guestrooms will be updated and our lobby and fitness center will be completed very soon. I have passed along your comments to my management and staff. We can't wait for you to come back and see our new hotel.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As an earlier reviewer noted, this is an older Hampton. The lobby is undergoing a complete makeover and that should make it more attractive. Service was friendly and prompt. Rooms were pretty nice and the location was convenient...right off the Penna. Turnpike. As is often the case, the workout room was poor....no television to watch and the machines worked grudgingly. I didn't use the pool, but they had what appeared to be a nice indoor facility. There's an Italian restaurant, Sephore's about a mile and a half away that has great food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the condition of our fitness facility when you stayed. Our new Jump Start fitness center is almost complete and our television has been upgraded. We can’t wait for you to see what we have done. We will see you again very soon on your next trip to the Poconos!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very clean room. Lobby area under renovation. This did not detract from the experience. Looking forward to returning again. Only suggestion would be to upgrade televisions. Other than that, there was nothing to complain about.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback from your recent stay with us. My staff and I are very excited for guests to experience our new hotel. We will see you again very soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I rarely write regarding hotel stays, but am making an exception this time. My party booked five rooms for New Year's eve to relax after a day of skiing. We do a fair amount of travel throughout the continental US and frequently stay at 4 and 5 star hotels.

I was very pleased with your property, as was everyone in my party. I wanted to thank you for a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn. The rooms were meticulously clean, spacious and well maintained. Your staff was friendly and very accommodating. I must admit that am partial to the down home hospitality of mountain people. That said, your hotel staff is top notch by any standard.

Keep up the good work! We will be back.

Room Tip: Corner queens.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank onetontomato
HamptonInnLehighton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your generous comments and taking the time to post a review. I am so very pleased we have exceeded your expectations! Our staff takes great pride in consistently delivering excellent customer service while providing clean and comfortable guestrooms. I will pass along your feedback to our management and staff. We look forward to your return on your next visit to the Poconos!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have to agree with a previous review. This is an older Hampto that needs to be renovated. This is a good average hotel. Fair price, quiet rooms, comfortable bed. As always, they served up a hearty breakfast with many things to choose from. Great for fueling up before a day of skiing. They could expand the serving tables a little to help move the crowd. The breakfast area is small and does not have the larger communal tables that are present in the newer Hampton Inns. They were renovating when I was there so maybe this will be adressed. It was a good value for the location. The front desk staff was excellent and very attentive I don't have any complaints regarding this hotel. It just wasn't "great". Ok, one compliant - the hotel location relative to the road (Rt 209) make for difficult navigation. It is located on a bend in the road and if you are traveling south, by the time you see it, you'll miss an access turn onto Rock Street and have to travel a couple of miles to make a legal u-turn. Coming north it sneaks up on you again, go past the cut out for the front entrance and turn onto Rock street, it won't upset your passengers as much :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. The hotel will be updated this year and we hope you come back very soon to visit our brand new hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe), PA
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White Haven - Lake Harmony
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton

Been to Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)? Share your experiences!