“excellent value”

Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“excellent value”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My friends wanted to stay here and I was skeptical, given that this is a resort area with lots of other options. We were very pleasantly surprised. the rooms were decent size, very clean and new looking, beds excellent, front desk staff quite helpful. convenient location to the hiking and other things I have done. Since then on business travel, when not sure of other options, I picked a hampton inn. while they have all been fine, this has been the nicest one so far.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
HamptonInnLehighton, Manager at Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area), responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you so very much for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The only reason why I chose Hampton Inn was because they are affiliated with Hilton. I love pools and will swim in the evening and mornings before I leave. This isnt the 1st time Ive gotten sick from a Heavily bleached-Chlorinated Pool. I struggled through the night, which felt like I went through Chemotherapy. I remembered the last time was at the Garden Inn Hilton (sick from their pool) But their heavy Bedcovers and pillows helped some. The bedcovers here were lumpy and light-the pillows weak, I had the heat onto 80*. Smoking is on the same floor as non-smoking rooms and the smell is separated by heavy cleaner smell. I was unable to swim in the morning. Breakfast had 1 waffle maker, fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, the basics. The 100% Guarantee is posted throughout which...is not true. I decided to tell them about my experience, the front desk started to write it down and then stopped. To me it felt like they said, Better Luck Next Time. Even have had no response from corporate. 2 Times sick from Hilton affiliated Chemotreated-like Pools is enough for me. Marriott, Hyatt was Only $40 more, Im done crying. Choose your own adventure!

Room Tip: All rooms have the feel like you can hear your neighbors, and you can through the bathrooms. Smoking...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. I have shared your experiences and feedback with my management and staff. Our Hampton promise of 100% was fulfilled on November 30th after I responded to your letter. I apologize again and hope that you give Hilton another try.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for two nights when visiting friends in the area. Very friendly and helpful reception staff, the rooms are good but the air-conditioning is so loud (just like a jet engine) it woke us up during the night, for the last night we turned it off. The price includes a free breakfast from the buffet in the reception area. There is an indoor pool here and the restaurant/bar next door (Trainers) serves good pub type meals. Apart from the A/C this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimonSaint
We appreciate your comments from your stay with us. I apologize for the AC unit and want you to know it was taken care of immediately. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Jim Thorpe.
Maryland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for a wedding and I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Clean, bright, and quiet. Beds were nice and comfortable. Bathroom was roomy as well. Fantastic breakfast! You can make your own waffles - in fact our room on the first floor had a waffle smell at times...can't beat that!! I think they may have had coffee available all throughout the day in the lobby. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
PA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a power outage at home and needed to stay for a night at a local hotel. I quickly went online on my cell and got a rate at this Hampton Inn that was less than other chains in the area. We arrived in the middle of a thunderstorm. The staff, in spite of having to take precautions such as clearing the pool, was very accommodating and personable. They even offered us our choice of room.

The room itself was clean and not rundown at all. The beds were comfortable and everyone slept very well. The hotel was jam-packed with travelers (small buses in the parking lot, vans, and even road workers fixing a bridge down the street), but it was not loud in our room at all.

There is a restaurant, Trainer's Inn, right next door. We went over there for a late dinner and they had some great specials and accommodated our family.

The only downsides to this hotel were very minor. The snack machines were almost empty (there is a convenience store right down the road, but you really need to drive to it and it was storming at the time), and the continental breakfast staff person was pretty slow about replenishing food and emptying the garbage cans, which were about to overflow. The breakfast quality itself was very good for a hotel, and had cool things like "make your own waffle" which delighted my kids. The breakfast area was jam-packed early (the bridge workers were eating before going off to work), but some of the workers literally vacated a table so I could sit with my children, everyone was SO nice.

I would definitely stay here again. While I find the rate to be fairly high for this region of PA, this is definitely the best hotel with the best amenities in this local area.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was quiet, even near conference room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and and taking the time to post a review. I apologize about the vending machines and breakfast service. We have addressed these concerns and appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear you loved the breakfast its the best in the area! Next time you are traveling to Jim Thorpe please give us a call.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Was here for two nights, was upgraded to a suite with out asking, comfortable room, quiet, will stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Paintman0954
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2011

At the last minute, we stopped here on the way to Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA. I was grateful that this Hampton had room, as many other hotels in the area were sold out due to return-to-college season. The welcome we received at 11pm was friendly, the rooms were clean and pleasant and the service was seamless. My only criticism is that the pull-out couch was not comfortable - it sagged in the middle and led to poor sleep for one of us. The normal king-size bed was comfortable, however. The breakfast provided was very nice, complete with waffles, cereal, toast and a good fruit selection. If in the area, I would stay here again (but get two Queens instead of sleeping on a pull-out).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
#2 of 6 in White Haven
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor

Been to Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)? Share your experiences!