“A Lunchtime Surprise!”

The Hitching Post
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Leesport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated, The Hitching Post Restaurant & Bar offers classic American cuisine with a Classy/Casual atmosphere; perfect for a night out with friends, family, or special occasions. Our full service bar offers an extensive wine list and over 55 specialty craft beers and ales. Whether it’s our Happy Hour, daily Chef specials, or the Grand Sunday Brunch Buffet, The Hitching Post offers a little something for everyone! Reservations recommended.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I were returning from an appointment and had a two hour drive ahead of us. We were both very hungry and saw the Hitching Post from the road. It looked nice enough so we stopped for lunch. Although the restaurant was almost empty (1:30 PM) we were quickly seated and introduced to our server, Tasha. Tasha was delightful and took the time to chat with us. She also was an excellent server.
We both ordered prime rib sandwiches with mushrooms and fried onions, along with a wonderful side salad. I had a drink from the bar that was perfect since I wasn't driving:)
When we return to the area in the middle of May, we will try to plan to stop for lunch again! I am sorry that we don't live closer as it was one of the best lunches I have recently had! Wonder what dinner would be like?:)

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to the Hitching Post now for about a year. We frequent the Restraunt about twice per week. It is perplexing to read reviews about people being ignored because we have had always good service. Yes this place gets busy BUT even so we have never been ignored.

The food is very good. Again in a year I can say we only have had one bad mean and they corrected it immediately.

Also we now use their services for catered events and they are top notch!!!

My wife and I travel around the world and we are very fortunate to have the Hitching Post by us.

We hope you will enjoy the Restraunt as much as we do!!!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here on a recommendation from trip advisor because we wanted to try something new. We walked in and were sat immediately. However, we waited for over 15 minutes and no one came over. Waitresses and waiters were all around us, but no one said hi or asked us if we wanted something to drink. We decided to leave since we were obviously deemed unimportant and we were going to say something to the hostess on our way out. But she was on the phone and had her head down chatting about something. Didn't look up. Didn't acknowledge us. Needless to say we won't be back. I do not care to be ignored again.

3  Thank Lexi B
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I thought we would give this place another try because our first visit was mediocre at best. He ordered the classic burger and fires and said it was above average. I ordered the prime rib (14oz. $22.99) and what a mistake. It was like eating shoe leather and that is being nice. Our waitress started out good but the couple behind us were having problem with their meals. My husband ordered coffee with sugar and never got a spoon to stir it with. I had to ask for my bread.. When she left our check she came right back for the bill and stood there and waited when I wasn't ready. We will not go back and we only live 2 miles away. The tables could use a remake.

1  Thank Deborah J B
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped spur of the moment. Sat at the bar. Dana told us the nightly specials. I went all out special. Starting with a corn crab and broccoli soup. They were not lying about the crab. Every spoonful was loaded with it. A place in the Keys called Boondocks had the best I ever ate until now. The surf and turf was excellent as well. I hope they put that soup on the regular menu or at least tell us on Facebook.