“Poorly heated on a cold night and no hot water!” 1 of 5 stars

Travel Inn
Travel Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Poorly heated on a cold night and no hot water!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I almost was going to ask for a refund, as two expectations of a hotel are reasonable temperature and hot water. Not at this motel! Lucky for me I had extra sleeping bags in the car, or I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all. Had to go to work the next day without a shower. Dead light bulbs, dingy and dark, I felt like I stepped into a dump. Very run down, holes and peeling on the walls, furniture not fit to sit in, and the refrigerator didn't work, so my food had to be thrown away the next morning. I came in a snowstorm, and the parking lot was like a sheet of ice, the walkways were never shoveled. Icy, too. Don't even think about it...

Room Tip: Again, don't even think about it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Trumbull, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

In a sketchy part of town. The parking lot was void of guests and loaded with pallets of cinder block, the windows were boarded up with plywood. Even the clerk is hidden behind a locked window. We felt like we were interrupting her soap opera. We said we were canceling, to which she just slammed the window on us!! Since the only way to make a reservation is by Internet, the cancellation policy was "3 DAYS PRIOR TO STAY" we preferred to not stay and know our car was still there in the morning.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wondering R

Travelers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

West Salem, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

as you pull up you'll fined a place in such disrepair as you walk in the lobby to fined no one but a small window & a button to push for help & smell that will stay with you for the night.the counter person was RUDE & after 20 minutes just to fine my reservation he got even ruder & yelled @ me that it takes time & tossed a pen out the window to sign with & if your room is upstairs you'll walk up a dirty flight of stairs with trash all over the place
then we get to the room as we opened the door the smell was AWFUL the floor was a MESS and the bathroom well there isn't a word to describe that. the sink was barely hanging on the wall. I'm 6'2" & to try to use the toilet was a joke I had to rest my arms on the sink

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robert f
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Im a truck driver and my truck broke down here in lebanon pa.I had it towed to the nearest mack dealer and they led me to a nightmare for a motel.The travel inn.when i got their it was 70$ and was not worth a fourth of that.The smell knocked you down when you walked in and found roaches crawling around while watching tv.Killed what i could.Didnt have a tub and when you tried to set on the toilet you had to snake around the sink.Then even at that point you were wedged between the sink and toilet so bad you had to sat straight up becouse the sink was in your chest.No frig or microwave and any place i paid that price furnished that and should.I have been in motels like this before but in my view you get what you pay for and 70$ is a rip off.I rate this a 0.I hope no one stays here it is not worth the price.The thing that got me the most was the roaches.I have paid as little as 35$ roach free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph M
DuBois, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

As soon as you open the door the smell hits you! Its horrible! I even sprayed perfume & body sprays & it dosent help! Bathroom was filthy with hair & dirt around the toilet...& when you sat on the toilet your knees hit the wall! We did not relax, barely slept, arrived at 9pm & was to exhausted after our long road trip to get another hotel! Got up early & checked out immediately & stayed at the Days Inn for only $5.00 more a night with complimentary breakfast, clean sheets,clean bathroom & the friendliest staff, and NO SMELL !!! I would never stay there again & would highly recommend the Days Inn ! 5 star rating for them & I dont even want to rate the Travel Inn because they deserve 0 but I have to rate something for this review, thats the only reason the are getting the 1 star!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else ! Not here !
Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed there for 3 days received service each day. Staff was polite room had everything you could need fridge microwave even iron was very clean looked new to me. I dont why there are bad reviews for the place. i guess people just like to make up stuff or had an issue. good place to get everything you need and save money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Deceiving: HotWire listed it in two-star category, so booked it based on past good experience eventhough had a bad feeling about "still gathering reviews". Upon arrival, I was totally shocked. Its picture displayed on HotWire was fake. It was a run down motel with an office and lobby as small & messy as budget truck rental office plus awful smell, much much worse than the worst motel I've ever seen in my whole life. Couldn't believe HotWire rated it two-diamond, did they even verify any fact at all?

Horrible: First room smelled rotten like being abandend for many years and A/C didn't work, so asked to change. Second room had the same rotten smell, carpet had stinky stains everywhere, bathroom had no tub nor counter only tiny space to sqeeze in one body, rusted mini sink and taps had stains all over, toilet seat with peeled cover and again stains, hair in folded bath towels, also hair and even blood stains on bed and sheets. Did they even wash the towels and sheets?!! Luckily they didn't seem to have guests very often. Also met another guest complaining no fridge as listed, the lifeless reception said it would cost $10; guest said ok, reception said they didn't have any. The same guest also didn't get enough pillows, too bad, no more; he asked ME if I could give him an extra pillow, I didn't make this up!! I paid about $70 non-refundable to HotWire for this garbage. Later found out two other chained motels nearby for much less and much better conditions.

Aware: Their sign changed to Travel Inn, just try to hide bad name? If they really wanted to start all over again and change for the better, they should have at least cleaned the rooms. Only brand new hotels are possible to have no reviews, "gathering reviews" means it's too bad to let you know, just run away fast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ldwnc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
#4 of 24 in Hershey
4.0 of 5 stars 367 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Knights Inn Palmyra/Hershey

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!