“Wonderful Local Pub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have eaten here several times, never been disappointed. Their daily specials are great, food always fresh and well prepared...great beer list and choices. Friendly wait staff and management. It's too bad I live several hundred miles away, else would go here at least once a week.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A dozen senior men had lunch here today, and all agree that the food was very good, the beer menu was more extensive than can be consumed in one seating, and the waitress, Kris, was excellent. This is a good place to go to eat and drink. Old time pub decor with wood panels and a busy bar. Specials change on Friday after 2 PM. A bit out of the way, but worth the trip.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy dining at the Blue Bird Inn. My friend and I decided to go there for dinner and drinks while I was in town for the 4th of July. We both ordered the crab cake sandwich and the BB Sweet Tea. Everything was delish and our waiter was wonderful. We sat inside due to the humidity and I absolutely love the renovations.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

outdoor deck, loud music, bar food and cold beer...been there/done that! Nothing unique or exceptional but all-in-all an enjoyable experience. I ordered a local micro-brew and an appetizer sampler platter that was average in taste & texture. The waitress was not friendly and the service was pretty slow. Probably will not go back!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant back in May after having a wonderful lunch. I decided to review it again after having a very different experience for dinner a month later. We arrived at about 8:30 on a Saturday evening. We waited for about 20 minutes for a table which wasn't a big deal for a Saturday night. We got to the table and that's where the problems started. We were out on the deck. The bar is very well lit - the tables are not. We were a party of 4 and all 4 of us had to get our cell phones out to be able to read the menus. There should have been a candle on the table or something. It was ridiculous. I even asked the waitress for a candle for the table so that when our food came we could see what we were eating, but she said that was not possible. The food was good. Just like our previous experience. But unlike our first experience the service was extremely slow. There was at least one time during the evening that we were sitting there with empty drinks and it took a while for our server to check on us with refills. I was very disappointed in the evening, especially since it was our friends' first visit there. Needless to say, they will probably not be back.