“Good Food Good Pub”
Review of Blue Bird Inn

Blue Bird Inn
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Good Food Good Pub”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A dozen senior men had lunch here today, and all agree that the food was very good, the beer menu was more extensive than can be consumed in one seating, and the waitress, Kris, was excellent. This is a good place to go to eat and drink. Old time pub decor with wood panels and a busy bar. Specials change on Friday after 2 PM. A bit out of the way, but worth the trip.

• Visited July 2013

“One of my Favorite Places”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy dining at the Blue Bird Inn. My friend and I decided to go there for dinner and drinks while I was in town for the 4th of July. We both ordered the crab cake sandwich and the BB Sweet Tea. Everything was delish and our waiter was wonderful. We sat inside due to the humidity and I absolutely love the renovations.

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Appetizers & Cold Beer”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

outdoor deck, loud music, bar food and cold beer...been there/done that! Nothing unique or exceptional but all-in-all an enjoyable experience. I ordered a local micro-brew and an appetizer sampler platter that was average in taste & texture. The waitress was not friendly and the service was pretty slow. Probably will not go back!

Harrisburg, PA
“Disappointing Dinner”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant back in May after having a wonderful lunch. I decided to review it again after having a very different experience for dinner a month later. We arrived at about 8:30 on a Saturday evening. We waited for about 20 minutes for a table which wasn't a big deal for a Saturday night. We got to the table and that's where the problems started. We were out on the deck. The bar is very well lit - the tables are not. We were a party of 4 and all 4 of us had to get our cell phones out to be able to read the menus. There should have been a candle on the table or something. It was ridiculous. I even asked the waitress for a candle for the table so that when our food came we could see what we were eating, but she said that was not possible. The food was good. Just like our previous experience. But unlike our first experience the service was extremely slow. There was at least one time during the evening that we were sitting there with empty drinks and it took a while for our server to check on us with refills. I was very disappointed in the evening, especially since it was our friends' first visit there. Needless to say, they will probably not be back.

• Visited June 2013
“A must stop and eat restuarant while on your trip”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am here at least once a month for the bangers and mash. There is nowhere around here that compares to what this place serves. There is a huge bar and along with flat screen TV's for you sport lovers like me. The restaurant is very family friendly and the patio is perfect for the warmer seasons.

• Visited June 2012