“Disappointing Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Harrisburg, PA
“Disappointing Dinner”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I reviewed this restaurant back in May after having a wonderful lunch. I decided to review it again after having a very different experience for dinner a month later. We arrived at about 8:30 on a Saturday evening. We waited for about 20 minutes for a table which wasn't a big deal for a Saturday night. We got to the table and that's where the problems started. We were out on the deck. The bar is very well lit - the tables are not. We were a party of 4 and all 4 of us had to get our cell phones out to be able to read the menus. There should have been a candle on the table or something. It was ridiculous. I even asked the waitress for a candle for the table so that when our food came we could see what we were eating, but she said that was not possible. The food was good. Just like our previous experience. But unlike our first experience the service was extremely slow. There was at least one time during the evening that we were sitting there with empty drinks and it took a while for our server to check on us with refills. I was very disappointed in the evening, especially since it was our friends' first visit there. Needless to say, they will probably not be back.

• Visited June 2013

“A must stop and eat restuarant while on your trip”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am here at least once a month for the bangers and mash. There is nowhere around here that compares to what this place serves. There is a huge bar and along with flat screen TV's for you sport lovers like me. The restaurant is very family friendly and the patio is perfect for the warmer seasons.

• Visited June 2012
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Dissapointed at one of our favorite places”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The property is beautiful. We have gone here for years. On this Sunday the restaurant was understaffed and very busy. Order for burgers took over an hour to receive, food was dry. Our server was tending to tables in the bar, the main dining room and the outside patio. Though pleasant, she had no chance of covering this large of an area. Hoping that this poor scheduling of servers was an anomoly and not a change in management.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dan G
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I usually like the Blue Bird Inn; however, on Mother's Day we were told we would have a 20 minute wait. After an hour I asked how long until we were seated and the rude hostess informed me it would be another 10 minutes or so, which was the original wait time. We left and I don't know when we will return. Moral of this story, either don't go on special days or have reservations early in the day.

Visited May 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very pleased with the specials”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place has some really nice specials. Wednesday is steak night, where most steaks are reduced. It was so good we went back on Thursday and I had the wings and ribs. They were excellent and priced so low I was tempted to order 2 so I could take one back for lunch on Friday. I will definitely go back the next time I find myself in Lebanon.

• Visited April 2013