“Nice atmosphere but way too expensive.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Niko's Restaurant - CLOSED

Niko's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: Top floor of the restored Lebanon Farmers Market.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere but way too expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Atmosphere is top notch. (Cigar lounge, dress code, brick fire ovens, etc.) However, the menu is really expensive. At least $100 for dinner for two with drinks.

Visited July 2012

Palm Springs, California
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Niko's was one of our go to restaurants, as choices are limited in it's general area. Generally, previously, the food had always been reliably good (I'll not say excellent but good). Recognizing you cannot please all the people all the time, it can be challenging marrying the creative culinary process and service/experience. For some reason the whole night was off the tracks. Usually if one aspect is lacking solace can be found in another aspect of any particular dining experience. We had reservations but upon arriving were greeted and informed our table wasn't ready but would be shortly (fine not a problem). We were invited to wait at the bar (again not a problem). Forty minutes into our 'short' wait a member of our party not waiting at the bar but choosing to remain in chairs near the host station was asked who she was waiting for...again the information given was,"the table will be ready shortly". It was another 35 minutes into our short wait until the hostess escorted us to our table. Wine was ordered after having to procure a wine list ourselves. Three glass were brought for a table of 6 (we were told they didn't have any clean). The wrong wine was presented twice. I could go on and on. Cliff notes: host/hostess not gracious with proper wait (a gratis bar tab given the wait would not have been unreasonable). Waitress disorganized, distracted. Kitchen slow but food was prepare appropriately. 10/13/2012

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“OK, but there are better values.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The atmosphere is very fun; cozy, perfectly lit, good acoustic venue. The food is lacking. Some of the dishes sounded good, but the flavors never really came together and it ended up being a fancy jumble of things most people wouldn't eat. Specifically a beet appetizer we ordered tasted like dirt (ok, I know its beets, but for the price we expected something more palatable than plain beets. Chicken in a dish was tasteless, but the pasta did have strong seasonings. I did have an amazing vegetarian pasta dish, but since the menu changes and has not really offered any vegetarian fare recently, we have not been back. The food is not good enough to justify the prices and actually ordering something palatable is hit-or-miss (and I'm not very picky about my food and am willing to try exotic dishes).

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Nicely decorated with a fresh and changing menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our fourth time here in the last few years and it is always good to see something new on the menu. I had pork tenderloin which was amazing and my wife had a pasta and grilled chicken dish which also was yummy. The restaraunt is on the 3rd floor with an elevator for access. It is a nicely decorated restaraunt with a romantic atmosphere. Our last server was very attentive, friendly and courteous. We had a party of 9 and all of our needs were met with flying colors. The food was a bit slow to arrive, but was fresh and excellent; so i am always willing to wait a little to have it done right.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“I'm a Tuesday Regular.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I go on Tuesdays for their pizza night. You can order a pizza with three toppings for $7. The pizza is the size of a dinner plate. It's larger than a personal pan pizza and is of much higher quality.

Happy hour goes from 4 to 6pm. You get a dollar off draft beers. That's why I go. I know I can down two beers from small breweries for a reasonable price; and I can walk home.

if you are a regular, the staff knows your preferences. If you are not a regular, they are welcoming to all.

It's nice that the menu is limited. There are a couple of soups, a few appetizers, maybe six salads, six pizzas, six burgers/sandwiches and maybe ten entrees for your choosing. The menu does change with the seasons. There is a bar bites menu, too.

Nothing qualifies as out-of-the-fryer fare. The kitchen staff is on top of their game.

If it's busy, you may have to wait for service at the bar - they can have only so many people on staff and make money. It's only frustrating when the clock approaches six and I want one more beer before happy hour ends.

• Visited July 2012