“Such a warm and helpful staff”

Ligonier Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Laughlintown B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I also went for a monumental 60th birthday party. We were a large group 100+, and they could not have been more accomodating and went above and beyond. Rooms were clean, beds comfy,and staff responded to any request. Food was delicious.....The acoustics in the banquet hall were excellent for the band, and the bartender/buffet waitress was as pleasant as anything. loved it
................

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ligonier Country Inn

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Inn last weekend to attend a monumental 60th birthday party for a good friend. Very nice accommodations, very nice banquet facility, excellent service, very nice people - and the breakfast buffet was absolutely incredible!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My son and I were returning home from a meeting when we ran into an unexpected storm. Our intentions were to simply stop for dinner. While finishing we learned that the temperatures were dropping that roads were freezing which prompted us to inquire about a room. Not only was the food exceptional, the service was as well. Not only were we promptly provided a room as a considerable discount, we were even given a five star complimentary breakfast as well.
The owners really take pride in their Inn and really really enjoys being of service to people. From greeting and seating you for dinner, to making sure you have a beverage, booking your room and being up in the morning to cook your eggs exactly the way you like them, you are made to feel important and that your comfort matters. The impression that we were given is that the owner likes to entertain and be the host of a "family friendly party." "Too tired to stay up with the reset of guests?.... by all means, go on back to your room, get's some rest and call us if you need or want anything"
You get so much more for your money here. Worth it, very worth it. First rate all the way. I'm taking my fiance there for Valentines. This Inn goes beyond five stars.

Room Tip: Rooms can be accessed from both the outside as well as from the inside of the Inn. When you go to ge...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been staying here for more than twenty years and it remains a favorite. Don't expect the amenities of a 4 Star hotel, but that's not what you want in a country getaway. The place is utterly charming, staff has ALWAYS been great. Love the casual perspective from someone who travels all the time...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I booked online to stay in a king room (cottage) with fireplace and other amenities you cannot usually get at a big box hotel. Upon check in we found out that children were not allowed to stay in this room because of the proximity to the pool. The front desk attendant was quite unfriendly/uncaring about the situation. Another woman popped in and confirmed that I could not have the room I paid for due to insurance issues and that they indicated which rooms were "best for children". It may just be me but "best for children" and "no children allowed" are different things. They moved my family to a different room (Room 16) with what I was told was a queen bed and a twin with a door that opens up directly to Route 30! I don't understand how this was any safer but I was allowed to have children in a room that had direct access to a major road but not to a small frozen pool.

Upon entering the room, which the heat was turned off so it was freezing, I noticed that the room was not a queen and and twin but a full and a single. When I brought this up to the front desk they could careless.

The room itself was worn heavily. The heater was extremely difficult to regulate. There was a second door in the room that had access to the indoor hallway that also housed the bar restrooms which became extremely loud at night.

All in all, I would highly suggest you stay at a major chain hotel over this place. I'm all for local and quaint but not when you have to sacrifice so much.

Room Tip: Book a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Phil S
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed in Room 14 which was very clean and had all that we needed. The location was great we parked right outside our room which was really nice after a 9 hour drive. The bed was very comfortable. We had dinner in the dinning room so we didn't have to drive again. It was clean, very pleasant waitress and staff. The meal was very good and would rate it very highly. The owners were very pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. I would highly recommend the Ligonier Country Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall service was outstanding - the team that works there is top notch. Bed was very comfortable and overall the room was clean
Bathroom needs updated in a major way, and the TV was a little out of date.
The breakfast buffet was a great surprise (we did not know it was included) - food was delicious. And the service was excellent
Once this is renovated, it will be a 5 star site (again)

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing Rt 30 - the business across the street opens up very early on Sundays
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlintown
Ramada Ligonier
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Ligonier Country Inn? Share your experiences!