“Pasta Night !!!”

Ligonier Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Laughlintown B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We saw the sign announcing "Pasta Night" and, on a whim, stopped by. Home made whole wheat pasta, along with an assortment of extras are cooked up before your eyes at the pasta bar. The salad is adequate and the home made garlic toast is tasty and crunchy. The ambiance is country casual, but the food and the prices are just what weary travelers are looking for!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leonard B

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving weekend and had a lovely time. From the moment we walked in, we felt right at home which is what makes a stay at an Inn special. The bar was great and the food at the restaurant equally as good. Great service from all the staff. Would definitely like to return. We woke up Saturday to a beautiful snowfall which put us in the Christmas spirit and made a beautiful ending to a beautiful weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne_W665
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a relaxing country getaway weekend not too far from home, and that was what we had. We stayed in Room 21, part of the rose cottage. I was sold on the room when I saw that it had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. It technically does have a "fireplace," but it is a small plugged in unit hanging above the dresser. We were a little disappointed, but the room was otherwise very nice. The bed was very comfortable, with very soft sheets. The room was also very clean. The jacuzzi tub was big enough for two and very relaxing on a chilly fall weekend.

It sounded like we happened to be there on a slow weekend (we overheard them saying there were only 4 rooms booked for Sat night). When we arrived Friday evening, there was nobody at the front desk, and we looked around for about 10 minutes trying to locate someone to help us. We were given very minimal information (not where to fill our ice bucket, etc). We put our things in our room, which was 54 degrees, turned the heat on, and went back into the main inn for dinner. Our food was all delicious! When we returned to our room, it was still just as cold. When my husband went into the bar area to find someone to help us, he found the owner, who came to help us and was very apologetic. He claimed that we were supposed to have information on how to work the heat, etc, in the room (which we didn't). Once he showed us the trick to using the heater, the room warmed up quickly. He also was very welcoming, which we were glad about because we didn't feel welcomed at all when we checked in.

When we checked in, we were told that we had free Sunday breakfast as part of our stay, just to come to the front desk and they would seat us. The dining room had been practically empty (at least that we'd seen all weekend), so we were very surprised to come out of our room and find a bunch of people waiting to be seated. We were asked if we had reservations, which we didn't because we didn't know that we should have made them. Never having been to Ligonier, we didn't know that the Inn was such a popular breakfast spot. It would have been nice if someone had suggested to us that we make a reservation when we checked in. We had never encountered before having to wait for a table for our included breakfast at a hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our relaxing weekend in the country, and were mostly impressed by our cottage room! We felt much more at home than we usually do in a hotel. Our experience would probably have been that much better had we been adequately welcomed to the inn and given all the necessary information. We would still definitely consider spending another weekend in the Rose Cottage, hopefully getting to try Room 22 (which appeared to have a real fireplace).

Room Tip: Rose cottage room 21 was very nice, but didn't have a real fireplace. Room 22 looked like it di...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate A
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at the Inn for my first wedding anniversary. I looked at many different places to stay but chose the Ligonier Country Inn, at least partially based on reviews from this site. I am glad I made the choice that I did. My wife and I stayed in the Rose Cottage room 22. It was a very nice and clean room with a King bed and a jacuzzi tub, which was very nice to relax in. We stayed on a Sunday night which unforunately didn't allow us to try the Sunday Breakfast Buffet but the continental breakfast on Monday morning was very nice. When I checked in at the front desk, Joe asked me what time that we might be up and about. He said he would make sure that the breakfast was ready for us when we came over to the lounge in the morning. I appeciated the gesture and it was good customer service. THe only thing about the stay that I would change is that I wish the room had a refrigerator and I wish the restaurant would have been open later on Sunday (closes at 7). I was told that it was very good.

Room Tip: Rose Cottage room 22 is an excellent room with a 2 person Jacuzzi tub and a nice king size bed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joel A
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked for two nights while attending a very dear friends fathers funeral. I paid for the two nights, and then was asked by my friend to stay at her house the second night. Without any questions, vicky at the front desk refunded my second night.

For the night I did stay, the bed was very comfortable, and the bedding, a.d towels are first class! I would definitely stay at this b&b again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank kevin n
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We arrived for a wedding weekend, after a very long drive. I was hoping this place would be kind of cute, and homey, and at first look it was, until we got into our room. First, it was very damp, and humid in the room, all the windows seemed to be moist. We turned on the A/C, and it helped, but still it felt gross for a while. Next we discovered that the bed post was broken, came off right in my wifes hand. The TV was ancient, had turn dials, and needed to be turned on manually. By no means do I expect a large screen TV, but something made after 1990 would be nice.

We went down for the "Continental Breakfast" the first morning only to be very disappointed. The food was mini-donuts, and some fruit that looked to be from the day before, and it was all on plates that were covered with plastic, as if pulled out of the refridgerator and just set down. They only had Regular coffee, my wife only drink decaf, and who doesn't have both regular and decaf? So she opted for orange juice instead. She filled her glass, and took a big swig, only to find it had liquor in it. She asked me to try it,just to be sure, and it definitely was Mimosa, and not OJ.

She went to bring this to the attention of the staff, it took 10 minutes to locate a staff member. The staff member responded with " We don't put out MImosa's." As if my wife and I were lying. She cam and took it away, and replaced it with regular OJ.

ON Sunday morning we were up early o head home, trying to get out by 7:30, and we went down for breakfast to find that on Sundays, it isn't served until 8am?!?! A staff member suggested we go to the local diner. Why would I want to do that when continental breakfast was part of what I paid for?

I would sooner stay in a local hotel then stay here again, service was not good,and the staff was not very friendly or helpful.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scott W
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife, son and I were here for a one night stay on a Friday night for the Ligonier Highland Games. We had a late arrival which was no problem. The lobby area was very inviting and nicely appointed. Our room had the requested fold out cot for our son. The bathroom was large, huge closet. Nice antique furniture in the room, very comfortable bed. An all around good stay. We will stay there again next year for the Highland Games.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlintown
Ramada Ligonier
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Campbell House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Ligonier Country Inn? Share your experiences!