“Unique”
Review of DiSalvos Station

DiSalvos Station
Reserve with OpenTable
DiSalvos Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Latrobe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: McKinley Ave & Ligonier St
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We attended a wedding reception in this renovated train station. There was actually a train car IN the restaurant. It was one of the most unique venues I have attended for a wedding. The floor was brick, so dancing was a little challenging. Downstairs was a cigar bar (of course very smokey-but some were happy to have that place to go to smoke inside.). The food was good. Due to the number of guests, it was a little crowded seating but once dinner was over, it was fine. I think this was a great place and worth the visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant 15 minutes early, they seated us, and we had to wait 10 minutes before anyone greeted us. The male server came up and said, nobody knew who's table this was! Thanks for caring about your customers that way. He asked about the water selection, either flat water or Pelligino, which was nice. However, when he filled my glass, his finger nails were dirty and to long. Yuck! He took our order, I had the gnocchis with red sauce. I had ten to twelve gnocchis in this big bowl. For $15.99 I excepted a little more than this meal. I had no refills on my beverages until the server came back to clear my plate. I would have liked something to drink during my meal.

Watching the other servers in the dining room, they were auctioning off the food. It was a two top, you can't remember who gets what meal?

Such a beautiful building but the management should take better care of the staff. When you hear the manager yelling at a young girl, "stop, look at me" three times was bad managing. As many times as this manager bumped my chair, he could have said, how is everything?

I will not be going back anytime soon or in the future!

2  Thank David V
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We purchased the groupon and had dinner. Our server was awkward and not friendly. We ordered an appetizer first thing when we ordered our glass of wine and it FINALLY came 45 minutes later, 2 glasses of wine later. After that, our food started coming out rather smoothly. The food was excellent when we finally got it.

2  Thank MattNDenise
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Their dinner train upscale menu is upscale in price - not service or food.
An overall disappointing experience, especially at the price.
Expected high degree of service, food presentation and taste.
Experienced casual service without attention to detail and nothing special food.
Not a memorable event and not worth the price.

1  Thank traveler1468
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been there several times and each time it never lives up to it's reputation. Overpriced entrees, high priced bar drinks and unfriendly staff. Though some of the food items were very good, I just don't think it's worth the cost of meal. Can get the same things at other places in the area for a better value.

1  Thank Karen A