“Best restaurant in Westmoreland county”
Review of Chef Mark's Palate

Chef Mark's Palate
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Latrobe
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Greensburg
“Best restaurant in Westmoreland county”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for lunch the other day. Lovely atmosphere, very friendly waitress. We had delicious soup that was so fresh, Also had great sandwiches. Chef Mark, we loved the home made bread. We will be back in the near future.

• Visited October 2013

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“fantastic but odd location”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had a wonderful dinner here with a large group. We showed up without a reservation and were greeted very pleasantly. They were very accommodating to our requests. The food was fantastic and the service was great. Probably the best steak I have had in about 15 years. The chef cooked it perfectly!! Also, there was a stuffed pork tenderloin that was phenomenal and an appetizer that was made upon a special request. It was a home smoked salmon WOW!! delicious. Ending our meal we shared Bananas Foster - oh my!!! One delicious dish after another.
This restaurant is definitely worth finding you wont be disappointed. Although ,unfortunately, it is located in a odd corner of a aging stripe mall.
The Chef and his wife put a lot of pride and effort into this restaurant and it shows.

• Visited September 2013
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Odd location, great restaurant”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice atmosphere, attentive wait staff and great food. This was our first visit and my husband and I loved the stuffed pork tenderloin. One of the best meals we've had in a restaurant. We'll be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SANDRA P
Olean, New York
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with family the other evening.....great menu, welcoming service, good for a conversation, nice ambiance .
Five people, five dishes, five star on all accounts. This is a gem of a place hidden in the corner of a busy strip mall just off Rte 30. This will be a definite place for a return culinary treat at a tremendous value. You can't go wrong giving Chef Mark's a try.......

Visited August 2013
“A gem in an unlikely location!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Last night my wife and I dined here with two other couples. Everyone thought their meal was wonderful!
The restaurant has a very nice range of entrees which come with a soup or salad and a choice of a side dish. There were also some very interesting appetizers on the menu although none of us sampled them this evening. My wife had the pecan encrusted trout, which she insisted I taste - delicious! Since I was in a meat and potatoes mood I ordered the 8 ounce filet mignon with smashed garlic potatoes - wow! My steak was done just right and, yes, I shared a bite with my wife. Other entrees at our table included stuffed pork tenderloin and broiled crab cakes with reviews to the trout and steak.
There is a great selection of dessert cakes made in house by their pastry chef - we shared three at our table. The pieces are very ample in size, so sharing is a good option. The restaurant considerately plated split pieces of cake for all of us. My wife and I had the "Chocolate Chocolate Truffle" cake. It was moist, firm and not cloyingly sweet - perfect to my taste.
After dinner we had an opportunity to talk with one of the owners about the chef (trained at the Culinary Institute of America) and some of the history of the restaurant (2 years old and working hard to develop a clientele in a unique [but affordable rent!] location).
Although located in an out of the way corner of a somewhat tired strip mall, its worth the little extra effort to find this gem. We will be back!

Visited July 2013
ChefMarkHenry, Owner at Chef Mark's Palate, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments!