SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Mallview Motel(Greensburg)
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsarnold palmerfire pitregional airporttraining camptoilet and sinkseparate bathroomrooms are spaciouscomplimentary breakfastlatrobe areacoffee tablelounge areasleeping areabeautiful hotelsliding doorwafflessofa bedgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here on the way back to Ohio from a trip to DC. We wanted to try out the new SpringHill Suites near the Flight 93 Memorial (about 30 minutes to the east). We weren't disappointed. Parking was easy to find and they even have special "close" parking for Hybrids! Check in staff attentive and friendly and wore matching suits. Room was nicely laid out. Two beds; a VERY large closet with shelving; fridge; microwave; coffeemaker; and, a rubber duck. I asked and a duck is left in every room. Nice touch! Beds were comfortable. A/C was a little noisy at start up but was better in time. Room lighting is very good. Lights come on when door is opened. Hair drier was a bit possessed as it would run and shut off constantly. Not a big problem. Breakfast was nicely spread out. LOTS of room both inside and outside. Good selection for non-meat eaters. Attentive manager at breakfast went table to table, cleaning spaces, helping out and asking how everything was.

Room Tip: Ask for the mountain view, away from airport. Unless you like planes!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

GRGADA,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. It’s wonderful to hear you found our accommodations and customer service to meet your satisfaction. We hope you’ll visit us again the next time you travel through Latrobe. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at this property for business in the area for a week in August 2013. I'd stayed previously about a year ago for a quick overnight, so I figured that I would give it a shot for a longer stay. I was not disappointed. The rooms are spacious and meticulously clean. The numerous photographs of Arnold Palmer hanging literally EVERYWHERE are a little odd, but I guess it goes with the Arnold Palmer/golf theme (which is, for the record, very nicely done, since the hotel is clad is green and tans and is very inviting). The free wifi was appreciated and was fast-- a rarity in business-class hotels, where the tend to slow down around 8 PM when everybody is checking e-mail, etc. The bed was also immaculate from a comfort standpoint. I slept like a log. The two disappointments in my stay were the lack of variety in the breakfast bar and the speed of the housekeeping staff. On the first topic, the breakfast bar consisted of hot eggs and hot sausage, as well as cereal, bagels, and danish. The hot entrees were appreciated, because they are nicer than a strictly "cold continental bar" which is common at a lot of places. However, the hot items didn't rotate beyond switching between turkey sausage and pork sausage. I've been at many, many properties where they throw in a day of bacon, ham, or breakfast sandwiches. I'm sure this wouldn't have been an issue for an overnight (like I'd done before), but after a week eggs and sausage got a little old. Still, it's a free breakfast and was well stocked, so it's only a minor complaint. My biggest issue was with the speed of housekeeping. I got back from work each day between 4:00 and 4:30 PM. On all days but one for the week, my room hadn't been touched yet by the cleaning staff! When they showed up between 4:45 and 6:00 (depending on the day), they did a nice job and cleaned thoroughly, but it was inconvenient to have my evening "relax" time interrupted, when I was gone all day. Hopefully the staff had somebody call in sick this week, because housekeeping at 6:00 PM is really too late for a hotel catering to both a business and leisure crowd.

Even so, I'd get over the late housekeeping and stay here again in a heartbeat. It's fresh, modern, clean, and spacious. It has a free breakfast and is convenient to the airport, the college, and local businesses. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

ohjb,
We’re happy to hear from you, and appreciate you writing a review about your experience at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe. I’m pleased you chose to stay with us again, and I'm glad you found our clean and spacious accommodations perfectly suited for your longer stay. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. I’ll be certain to address these items with our staff in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay otherwise, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from Pittsburgh at this hotel. When you walk in you can tell that this is not your normal hotel. Golf themes and Arnold Palmer pictures surround you. The front desk employees are an excellent help. When you exit the elevators there are murals of Arnold Palmer golf courses. When you enter the room you notice that the sofa bed also has a chaise lounge at the end. The bed are great. Then you look and see the toilet is in its own room and the shower is in another room. They have Directv in each room so it's not just your normal 20 channels to choose from. The bar and grill in the lobby nice as well. We got the wings and chips and salsa which was really enjoyable. The breakfast was also a good start. Mini and regular waffles, sausage, cereal, toast, bagels, ham, eggs, cheese, oatmeal and toppings. I would recommend this hotel to anybody that is in this area. Also hotel is about 1/2 mile from the entrance to St. Vincent College and Steelers training camp.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

pbjculley,
Thank you for your review about your stay at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe. I’m delighted to receive your complimentary feedback on our great property, excellent staff, and comfortable accommodations. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for your review and recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I reserved a room for my son with a gift certificate that he had won at a charity event. I reserved it on August 10th, The reservationist was a little confused as to how to put it in after several minutes she was able to put it in. Guaranteed me that my debt card would not be charged since this was not an advance payment reservation. On Monday August 12th I checked my bank balance to see not one withdrawl but there was 2 for the exact same amount. I called the front desk, which she looked at it and could not help me. Had a manager call me back, she left a message saying all was taken care of. On Wednesday the 14th of August I again checked by debit card balance(which is effecting my checking account) and a posting on the 13rh of August showed again a debit withdrawl from the springhill. I again called the front desk on Tuesday the 13th and she looked at the transactions and said she would have a manager call me as soon as they were done with there meeting. It is now 10am on August 14th and no return call and no resolution to the matter.
My son is due to check in on August 24th for his 2nd wedding anniversary, I can only hope things get better.
Mary

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Marys_Ligonier,
Thank you for writing. I’m glad we had an opportunity to speak directly regarding this issue. I sincerely apologize for the confusion and any inconveniences imposed with the accidental charges. We worked directly with the bank as soon as this mistake was brought to our attention. Unfortunately we were informed that the bank’s refund process can take up to 3 business days. We’re very sorry for the delay and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. We’re happy to be a part of your son’s 2nd wedding anniversary and look forward to welcoming your son and his wife as our guest on August 24th. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is a very nice newer SpringHill Suites with some interesting additions. The pool and gym are much larger than a standard SpringHill suites and well equipped. They have a nice bar that serves dinner in the lobby. The beds were comfy and the showers were very nice. The breakfast was above average and well stocked. It even has an interesting back story because Arnold Palmer is one of the owners. They have art from his heyday and other memorabilia including one of his Master's trophies. How often do you get to see one of those? If you are in town then you can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: You are next to the airport, but it is really not that busy. I don't think there is a really bad room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

honeymoonin,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and found our amenities and accommodations to meet your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing SpringHill Suites Latrobe, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Kind regards,