“Best Place to Stay for Steelers Camp!!”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to Camp for the first time in August 2012. I only spent one night here. It is a beautiful, clean, comfortable hotel. The rooms are large, quiet, and pristine. The food at the lobby bar was delicious and reasonably priced. Ashley (one of the managers) is very accommodating. Everything was PERFECT!!! (Except for the Steelers not getting into the playoffs.) I've booked my stay for this August 2013 already. GO STILLERS!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Janis B,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. I’m delighted to hear that everything was perfect during your stay from the clean and comfortable accommodations to our friendly staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Ashley for her hospitality and excellent service. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again in August. Thanks again for writing.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family of six just spent 2 nights while visiting the local amusement park. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel! Our check in and check out were quick and friendly. We had a double queen room with a sofa bed and we all were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was very good. My only complaint would be that the pool is very small for such a big hotel.

Sarah F,
We’re happy to hear from you, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while visit a local amusements park. I’m pleased to hear that our comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, and complimentary breakfast were well suited for your family travels. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon for more family fun.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We got a nice large king suite on the 4th floor. Hotel sits off Rt 30, which is good for noise control - we still heard the occasional loud bike or car but, relatively a nice location.
Nice easy check-in.
Room very clean and orderly - love the split bathrooms!!!! One was toilet and sm sink. the other was sink/vanity w/ lg shower. Both w/ pocket doors for extra room.
Great bed w/ solid firm pillows. Son was on large couch/pull-out. I had to make it up myself - might have been the first time it was used?
Neither fan in either bathroom worked - odd?
Breakfast was the bomb - lots of juices, coffees, breads, muffins, bagels w/ toppings of speciality jellies, nutella, pb, etc - hot scrambles eggs and Canadian bacon, w/ toppings of cheese, salsa, etc - waffles, yogurt, fruit - all just wonderful and the lady tending to this was on top of everything.
I even saw the manager a few times ask her is she was "ok" as it was a busy morning and hotel was full. Great to see a manager help out in the kitchen as he was needed.
They also have a full service bar/bistro serving until 11 PM; 24 hr food pantry and a fire pit w/ water attraction outside - and an indoor pool - unfortunately, our time was limited and did not get to use these amenities.
I would stay here again - not cheap - but, a good value at $130 (advance no refund rate).

1  Thank beardogmom
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

beardogmom,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. We’re glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, and found our variety of amenities to add a great value to your stay. We’re happy to have had you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days on a business trip and it was excellent. The hotel seemed to be newly decorated. The room was very clean and spacious. The wifi connection was strong, and the bed was comfortable. I liked the work area, it has plenty of plugs and great lighting.
There is a great sitting area outside at the back of the hotel. They also have a bar and have a lite menu which was nice since there is nothing else within walking distance.
The breakfast in the morning is pretty standard, but as long as I can get a bagel ,fruit and yogurt, I am happy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

ashavor,
We are pleased to have had you stay with us while on business. I’m happy to hear that our clean, spacious, and comfortable accommodations made for an enjoyable stay and you found our hotel well suited for your business travels. Please plan to visit us again at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have been in in along time. The lobby is beautiful and spacious. We went to our room and opened the door to a lovely sitting area with an L-shaped sofa, coffee table and work area which also Including a frig and microwave. The area to the beds is separated by the work desk with a glass panel above.

The bathroom was quite a surprise with a toilet and sink in one room and a shower and a large sink in another. Both had lovely sliding doors for privacy.

An added bonus was a bar for an after dinner drink.

This hotel is a little off the Penn Turnpike but well worth the drive for this hotel.

1  Thank HeidiOshkosh
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

HeidiOshkosh,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our great hotel and spacious accommodations. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

After reading so many positive reviews, I was excited to stay here with my family. Sadly, I didn't get to relax as much as I would have liked.

At check-in, I was told (quite loudly) that my card had been declined. I asked the woman to try again, since I knew that could not be the case. She did it again, and loudly announced again that it was declined. Mortified, I went to the parking lot to contact my bank. They reviewed my account, verified that the funds were in my account, and told me that they had never run the card. I went back inside, and there was a second representative there. She ran the card with no problem. There was no apology. I was so embarrassed. I expected an apology, especially since the entire lobby had heard the "declined" comments.

When we got to our room, we unpacked. I went to the refrigerator to put in items, and it was warm. We called the front desk, and they sent someone up. We were told that it was an eco friendly refrigerator, and that things would be cold by morning. That didn't help much. We had to go downstairs and get milk for our kids. We also filled a sink with ice to cool the iced tea we'd bought at the store.

The room was as advertised. I really liked the 2 separate bathrooms. The a/c, however, was another issue. The room was either freezing or humid. The girls had to move to the sofa bed because the air was shooting right on them. When we tried to turn it down, the room got too hot.

The pool was small, but it was just what was needed at the end of a long day.

Breakfast was fine. My girls went to get apple juice from the machine and got sprayed with water. I thought they were doing something wrong, so I went over and tried. After I, too, was sprayed, I was told that they don't have apple juice anymore. So why wasn't there a sign or something?

We had planned on a return trip to the area and will probably stay elsewhere.

1  Thank kimber926

kimber926,
Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for failing to provide you with the exceptional service that you deserve. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We value you as our guest and we hope you’ll give us another chance to win you over with our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just stayed here with my 2 young children and teenage cousin, and I was extremely happy with my stay and I plan on staying again next month. The hotel is very modern and clean, with a nice space out back with a fire pit and seating. The suites are huge; there is a divider between the bed and the pullout couch, which is very nice for privacy if you need it. The toilet and shower are in two separate rooms, which at first I thought was strange but it turned out to be great for two people to get ready. The pool is quite small, but it was really clean and warm. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful, can't wait to go back.

1  Thank siera_lyn
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

siera_lyn,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. I’m pleased to hear of your pleasant stay and complimentary feedback on our clean hotel, spacious suites, and friendly staff. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again next month! Thank you again for writing.

Dawn Roberts, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latrobe
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe? Share your experiences!