“Great Springhill Suites in Mister Rogers Neighborhood”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Hudson Valley, NY
“Great Springhill Suites in Mister Rogers Neighborhood”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Latrobe PA may be all about Arnold (Palmer) who is from there and still calls it home, but it is also Mr. Fred Rogers hometown. He is buried here at Unity cemetery. Seeing "his neighborhood", trolley and all was nice. Beyond the community the hotel was great. Separate shower and toilet areas moved everyone along. Good breakfast and great service. All in all, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
PresLibraryFamily,
Thank you for writing a review about your visit with us at SpringHill Suites. We're delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed our hotel, but also enjoyed our neighborhood. Please come and visit us again soon.
Dawn Roberts, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

With over 60+ stays at Springhill Suites across the country this year alone, this by far is the BEST!

Check in with Zac was with great ease and friendliness. Cleanliness and room lay-out perfect! Breakfast was standard Springhill Suites, however, the food presentation and attention to detail far above other Springhill Suites. The food selection provided is intended to fuel you up for a fresh morning start. Mission accomplished.

The Arnold Palmer inspired golf-theme blends so very nicely with the Springhill simple, but chic decor.

Arnold Palmer respresents class and legend. I can see why Arnold and JW Marriott made an appearance to open this Marriott hotel. The staff represent what JW and Arnold would want to represent their brands - professionalism and incredible customer service. I grew up in this area and have traveled to 27 countries over 4 continents. The value for the money and service is here in good ole' Latrobe. Makes me proud to visit home!

This is a new Springhill Suites and equipped with energy saving motion lights in elevators, beautiful bar in the simple, chic lobby. Take a look out your room window and enjoy the beauty of the Laurel Mountains.

May this Marriott property and staff experience a long, prosperous run with the Marriott Family. When I visit town, this is my place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SMO33487,
Welcome home! We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found our staff friendly and professional. I'll make sure to let Zach know of your kind comments about his helpful service. Please make plans to visit us again. We look forward to your return.

Dawn Roberts
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited the Springhill Suites on a Saturday night when the hotel was completely booked for a Steelers game. Despite a capacity crowd, the checkin was fast and friendly. The entire hotel is themed for golfers with displays and wallcoverings. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with an Asian theme. The bed is separated from the living area by a floor to ceiling desk. The glass shower is in its own room with a sink. A microwave and microfridge are in the living area with a small sectional sofa. The 32" HDTV's actually have a high def picture. Breakfast was included. Along with the standard fare there was fresh fruit and a waffle iron. There is a lovely patio with a water feature and a large fire pit. In the lobby there is full bar with a decent selection. This hotel is far superior to what is typical for this price range. It has a wonderful ambiance with service to match. We will return!

Room Tip: The hotel has concrete floors, so if you are above the first floor, it should be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Monkeybleu,
It's great to hear from you. We greatly appreciate your wonderful review, and we're pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you not only liked our hotel, but also our tremendous staff. We hope you will come and visit us again for another exceptional visit.
Lexington, KY
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We arrived early (2pm) and were checked in right away. The room was very nice, decorated in modern Scandinavian with living room and bedroom separated by a wall. There was a coffee maker and refrigerator in the living room area.

The bathroom was two separate rooms. One with the toilet and sink and the other with shower and sink. There was a wood sliding door for each which provided privacy.

The pool was indoor and extremely small. A nice fitness facility was next to the pool and contained 2 cross trainers, two treadmills, two bikes, weights, and mats. The facility was missing disinfectant wipes for the equipment and a water fountain.

Breakfast was included and had the usual assortment of items - juices, coffee, cereal, breads, waffles, etc. During the evening there is a small bar off from the lobby and outside from the bar is a nice fire pit surrounded by comfortable chairs.

Very nice and clean facility. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Lexington_KYPaula,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed as our guests and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed our modern decor and found our rooms clean and comfortable as well. I've taken care of the missing disifectant wipes! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We hope you will travel through Pittsburgh again and stay with us for another exceptional visit.
Northern Ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had a very nice experience at the new Latrobe Springhill Suites, which opened just a few months ago. The new Springhill design is crisp and modern and this was easily the most upscale Springhill I've been to, with a restaurant and bar on the premises and a warm feeling throughout the open lobby area.
I found the service to be quite pleasant and efficient (sometimes I'm not sure what people are expecting from the staff -- do they want them to wash and wax their car? :) and any apparent lack of experience from them was more than made up with enthusiasm, which is refreshing.
Most important to me was the fact that the beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby. This, probably more than anything else, is the highest compliment I can give a hotel.

Room Tip: My room was one the 4th floor, and like another commenter, found the condenser (or some HVAC apparat...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mian9,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe and enjoyed the décor. I appreciate your compliments about our staff and will make sure to pass them along in our next staff meeting. Our new staff works very hard to provide first class service so when they hear positive feedback such as yours, it reminds them that what they are doing makes a difference. I believe your comments will motivate them to continue to provide great service. We hope that all guests appreciate their efforts as you do. It's also great to hear that you had a pleasant, sound sleep! We invite you to come and stay with us again for another exceptional experience.
Port-au-Prince, Ouest, Haiti
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Hotel is brand new and the rooms are truly amazing. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, and it had a great desk space with plenty of outlets, an extra couch for guests to sit on, a toilet that was separate from the shower which is always nice, a microwave and a refrigerator. There is not doubt that the building and rooms are amazing. The reason I gave these hotel 3 stars is because to be very honest, the staff at the hotel lacks training! I have to admit that while the front desk staff are nice and helpful, they are also without knowledge of the hotel. I had to use a Safety Deposit Box and most of the staff didn't even no where they were, how to fill out the forms, or open them. The second problem I had was with housekeeping, it was horrible! When I checked in I could tell that the toilet had not been cleaned, and I don't think they even put new sheets on the bed for me. And the next day, the cleaning lady did not clean the toilet again! Finally, one of the individuals driving the shuttle bus was down right rude. The poor baby had to wait for 5 minutes while he found me at St. Vincent's College, and then when I got in the van he didn't even say hello or anything, until I pointed out how rude he was being. How ridiculous! So, the building and rooms themselves are great. The staff, not so much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DrSteven11
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
DrSteven11,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at SpringHill Suites. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed our hotel and found a nice, comfortable place to stay. I apologize for your discontent with our staff. We're in the process of training new Associates and hope our high standards of service will be exhibited shortly. I have read your comments in their entirety and plan to review them with our staff. We invite you to come and stay with us again as we ensure a more positive experience.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. From the time we checked in until we checked out, we were impressed with the level of customer service we received. Unfortunately, I only remember one of their names, but they were all wonderful. At check in we met Jill who was very professional and accomodating. She told us what time she was working to and invited us to contact her uhtil that time in case there were any issues with our stay. We were impressed with the facility from the time we walked through the door. It is very nicely decorated with a golf theme. We were informed that Arnold Palmer has a business interest in the property and were invited to look around at some of the memorabilia of his on display. Our room was very nicely decorated also. The bathroom features a separate bathing area with an oversized shower. The separate bathroom areas each have a sink which is very convenient. We went back down to the desk at dinner time and again spoke with Jill about the area and to get a suggestion for dinner. She again asked several questions and was very friendly and helpful. She took time to find out what type of food we wanted and then made several suggestions. The place we decided on was excellent. We returned to the hotel later in the evening and enjoyed a drink and dessert in the lounge area. Again, the staff in the lounge were very focused on customer service and making this a pleasant experience. We had a wonderful night's sleep in one of the most comfortable beds I can ever remember sleeping in. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet which was very good. On our way out later that morning we again enjoyed talking with the staff. They made some suggestions for places to stop on our way home which also turned out to be very nice. I simply cannot say enough about the property and the staff at this hotel. It was truly an awesome experience that we can't wait to repeat. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
DBerly,

It’s great to hear from you and receive such a wonderful review. We’re delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and truly enjoyed our tremendous staff. We know how helpful it can be for our guests to receive recommendations about the surrounding restaurants and stores so I’m glad our staff provided this for you. I’ll let Jill know of your special mention of her assistance and make sure she receives a commendation for her outstanding service. We welcome you to come and stay with us again the next time you visit Pittsburgh.

Kind regards,
Dawn Roberts, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latrobe
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
#5 of 10 in Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe? Share your experiences!