“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Reviewed March 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Audra A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Staff was friendly as usual. I recommend this hotel- very close to St. Vincent College. Feels like home.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

It is our privilege to service you while you are in the local area and hope to see you real soon. Thanks for taking time to post your review.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This property is always spotless and customer service is excellent. I stay here regularly for business and I am always greeted promptly and by name. The rooms are top notch and comfortable. Wingate breakfast is mountains above the rest.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

We are truly honored that you constantly return to us over and over. That is true loyalty and we all appreciate your business. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I'm still here at the moment, so I can't comment as to my sleep or the continental breakfast. However, my room is more than spacious for the price, as well as perfectly clean. You can tell that they pride themselves on their appearance. I booked this room last minute, because I needed a place to stay before heading out to conference tomorrow, that was within easy driving of the train station; we're expecting 4-6 inches tonight, so it seemed like a good idea to book a room here rather than risk bad roads in the morning from my town more than hour away.

I realized quickly that I wasn't sure if Amtrak had long term parking and neither did the hotel staff. However, this is where they earned the bump up to a five star rating instead of the four I would normally give for being excellent in every other way. They called around asking people, it seems no one in this town is quite certain. They also gave me the number of the local cab company, which unfortunately wasn't able to help. They gave me the number of a local restaurant next door to the station, it was closed and unable to help. Once it became apparent I'd have to go into Latrobe proper to look for myself on foot, the women at the desk were able to give me a set of landmarks to look for, which would tell me I should be close to the station. Long story short...yes, Amtrak has long term parking available in Latrobe, however the people at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out when I needed it, and for that reason I would highly recommend that anyone looking for a hotel in Latrobe stay at the Wingate. It's clean, the rooms are massive in size for the price, and the staff can't be topped.

1  Thank Freq_Traveler_01_13
Audra A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We train our staff to go above and beyond for our guests. We are happy that you had an opportunity to experience this. We hope the next time you are back in this area, we will be able to service you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
#1 of 10 in Greensburg
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe? Share your experiences!