“Can't wait to stay here again...”

Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Bloomington, Indiana
“Can't wait to stay here again...”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had to be in the Latrobe area all of last week for business and chose this hotel because of its convenient location. The hotel has recently been renovated, and the cleanliness, quality of accommodations, and helpfulness of the staff is truly superb. The entire hotel is now smoke-free, and although the possibility of lingering odor was a concern prior to my arrival, I never smelled any residue whatsoever (at least on the first and third floors). It was such a pleasant stay, I look forward to returning again next summer and am happy to recommend it wholeheartedly without any reservation whatsoever. Thanks, Wingate!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I come to the Greensburg/Latrobe area about six time a year on business. I usually stay at the Hampton in Greensburg but lately have had difficulty getting a reservation when I am in the area. This time I tried the Wingate in Latrobe. A pleasant surprise.

The check in was flawless and the room clean, spacious, and comfortable. The toiletries, Nutrogena, are first rate. The lobby is pleasant; we spent about an hour there meeting with friends.

I was impressed with the breakfast. My standard is the protein, and the Wingate had plenty of it. Although omelets with cheese were offered both days of the stay, they were nicely done - moist and not dry or tough. Also there was bacon or sausage. With two breakfast area attendants, the choices remained well stocked even though the breakfast room was filled both mornings.

All staff encountered were pleasant and helpful, including housekeeping on the floor. I will be back on my next trip, even if I have to drive a few extras miles to get to my meeting.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Eagle1949
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Happy with comfortable accomodations. Very close to Idlewild Park and Steeler Training Camp.

Fairly good free breakfast. Had eggs and bacon along with usual waffle maker and continental selctions.

Has free coffee and Juice at all hours not just breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank temporaryinsanity
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My daughter and her husband and myself rented two rooms here for three nights while we toured Ligonier, PA which is where I grew up. The rooms were quiet---beds comfortable> and recently appointed and decorated--so everything looked new and designed attractively. This hotel has a free breakfast---which was substantial and good> love those biscuits with sausage gravy! I researched the local area---and this hotel seemed to guarantee a good nights sleep---and yet the location is perfect for business nearby (like Kennametal--my father was a VP there)--> or if you're there to stop in and visit Arnold Palmer (kidding)! Ligonier is great to visit in the Fall when leaves are changing!

Room Tip: There is slight noise from Route-30> so you could specify rooms facing the back. However not nece...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have been traveling to Latrobe, PA all my life, but growing up we always stayed with relatives. My Dad has been staying at Wingate on his visits and never had a bad thing to say. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. Not that I was expecting poor conditions, but I've stayed at other hotes across the country (not Wingate) and had ups and downs along the way. I would highly recommend the Wingate in Latrobe to any visitor. We were greeted with friendly smiles at the front desk each day and the breakfast was hot and fresh and very popular each morning. I'm looking forward to my next visit because I will definitely stay at the Wingate.

Room Tip: I've only stayed once, but I've learned from other hotels to request a room away from the el...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed with wife and two young kids. Horrendous storms took out power to the hotel twice, and unfortunately we had no TV or internet coverage. The staff though were very apologetic, and two weeks later we received a partial credit for our stay due to the inconvenience. There are shops and restaurants close by. Good for family short stay, or travelling with business.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Monrovia, CA
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Running Across America for Youth and Way to Happiness requires a good night rest. The Wingate Hotel in Latrobe, PA is quite comfortable, clean and quite and very enjoyable. Very friendly and professional staff who go the extra mile to make sure you are taken care! Hotel Manager Lynette A. Liprando has a great staff and is there for you. Audra the Front Desk Manager was quite helpful and friendly. Great healthy brerakfast bar too!! Thank you all at Wingate, Latrobe, PA! You're all awesome! Ultra thanks!
Striding on,
JR Monrovia, CA

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latrobe
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Greensburg
Hampton Inn Greensburg
#1 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe? Share your experiences!