“Excellent place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This restaurant is a real gem. The ambience is wonderful with a small waterfall inside the restaurant and the continous sound of flowing water which is very soothing. They have red and white snakes (fake :)) hanging from the ceiling. Real nice touch to the interiors. The owners are really courteous and make sure to ensure that you have a good experience. Food is excellent. I visit this restaurant atleast once a week for lunch. Their lunch specials are really good - definitely try them out. Lunch includes initial fried snack, soup, and then your order. The kicker is that you end your lunch with a good ice cream and the options are not limited to just vanila or chocolate but they have additional delightful flavors as well. The lemon sorbet is really good. Highly rate and recommend this restaurant. The price is very reasonable for the excellent food and variety. The wait staff are very friendly. This is the best restaurant for chinese food in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I like what a previous review said..."don't let the outside fool you"...the inside is is not what you would expect and we were pleasantly surprised. We were warmly greeted. The environment is inviting and welcoming. The people wanted to please...and we loved that about them right from the start. We were excited to find a great new place. (We were told the restaurant is 22 yrs. old and we just found it!) The menu is not the traditional white page with black and red print. It had unique items...trying to be a bit more gourmet. Nice list of specials were told to us as well. My hubby stayed more traditional and ordered the hot and sour soup...chose PuPu platter as his main meal. I opted for an egg roll and was more adventurous and chose the shrimp dinner special. Unfortunately, neither my husband nor myself thought highly of our meal. We really wanted to love it so it pains me to say this. Also, all of the other positive reviews raved about the food. My shrimp was breaded and had a lime type sauce over it. The shrimp was dried out...some very smelly. I looked for a lemon in my water and on my plate to disguise the smell but I .did not have one. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin the nice mood. My husband told me later that his PuPu platter was inedible. Chicken wings were terrible, dried out and he could not even eat that. The rib meat was too tough to eat. The two things he did like were the shrimp toast and spring rolls. His hot and sour soup was more of a beef broth which he thought was just okay...reminded him of a can of soup. First time ever ...we did not have left overs from a Chinese restaurant. My shrimp special dinner cost $23 and unfortunately not worth the price. The egg roll was good...nicely stuffed. Thought we found our new fav place but looks like we have to keep looking.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

An out-of-town visitor here: was in the mood for Chinese - the Yantze exceeded all expectations. Don't let the small hole-in-wall exterior fool you. very nicely decorated and cozy on the inside. Excellent food - tried the Manadarin Chicken - nice level of (hot) spice and excellent texture. Quick, attentive service. Would certainly come back here!

1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The inside of this place is beautifully decorated. And the food was increadable! Before any Chinese restaurant I would go here first. Service was top notch and they never let water glasses go empty

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stopped in for dinner on a busy Friday night, food was served in no time and every dish was excellent. Pricey but welll worth the money.