“Converting me to an Indian food fan”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spice Kitchen

Spice Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 117 Restaurants in Lansdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Converting me to an Indian food fan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am a veteran restaurant reviewer, as this is my 50th review. I am also a person who enjoys food and loves eating in restaurants. I come from a restaurant background and I can tell the good from the bad and several gradations in-between. Indian food is sort of new to me so i needed a primer on the ins and outs of Spice Kitchen's menu. The hostess/waitress Jonna was a delight! She was patient and kind, and explained everything that we asked about on the menu. Not afraid to give an opinion, I love this lady's style and professional approach to customer service.
We started our meal with delicious chickpea bread with 3 different dips, each dip delicious on its own. Then we had a kabob sampler as an appetizer, that we consumed every delicious morsel with great pleasure. In addition. we shared a goat dishfor our entree. While it was not very meaty, and very bony, (we were warned) the sauce was wonderful, Since Jonna recommended that we get bread with the meal; the fresh Garlic flat bread was a good topper to our goat.
Food is always important, I have come to believe that the restaurant's staff is more important than the fare that is served. Spice kitchen has Jonna, a staff of conscientious young waiters , and a very tasty menu. It's a restaurant, a very good one. The bill won't hurt either. Great! I'll be back!

• Visited July 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“First Indian and enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went to the Spice Kitchen for the first time trying Indian food on Saturday night. The hostess was very friendly and explained; the menu and the concept of Indian food. I ordered a lamb dish that was in a mild tomato sauce, one ordered a chicken in a medium tomato sauce and one ordered a chicken with spinach and ginger. All were served with rice and were very good. Even the medium heat was not too bad. The bread was very good. I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We've had dinner here 3 times in the last 2 weeks - yeah, we love it!
So many Indian restaurants everything tastes the same, not here. Distinct dishes with excellent ingredients and nice presentation.

Highly recommend the Saag Paneer, and I'm not vegetarian!
Many good dishes and a friendly attentive staff.

A note on pricing: I think the pricing here is very reasonable based on the quality of the food. Many entrees between $11 - 14. Appetizers are also very reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Nice Little Place with Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This new little Indian restaurant opened about 6 months ago with almost no fanfare or advertising. It used to be a BlockBuster movie rental place, I think, or maybe a Boston Chicken place. The owners have sank a lot of money to renovate and decorate and the decor is bright and cheery. The owner greets patrons with a big smile and welcomes you in, chattering cheerfully. The service is very good and the waiters are very attentive. The menu appears fantastic and the descriptions of the food seems too good to believe and it is. The food is just OK. We ordered 3 or 4 different dishes (including the chef's special - murg massalam) but everything looked and tasted the same. Even the waiter had a hard time figuring out which dish was which and had to double check with the chef. They brought out the orders for 3 members of our party and we all had to wait about 7 or 8 minutes for the 4th dish to be brought out, which makes for an uncomfortable eating experience. The naan was pretty good and I'd recommend the bread basket over the ala carte naan selection. There was plenty of food, but it all seemed to come from the same pot and it all has the same color and consistency. The prices were reasonable for a suburban Indian restaurant. We will probably go back again and try to find dishes that differ from each other, at least different enough where we can be sure of what we ordered and ate.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gerald O
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Just tried the Spice Kitchen for lunch. The staff was friendly, and the food was very good. I have not had good Indian Food since I left the city. Very happy to have a wonderful restaurant around the corner from me. The location is not great, it is set back from the road so it is a little difficult to see, so I hope people try it and it stays in business for a long time. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014